Sigs

LetsGoOakland

brandonjacobskx9.jpg

n00b sig...LOL

Please criticize so I can make it better! Thanks!

EDIT- And one more thing, how can I add a border? Thanks a lot everyone! And I noticed the last name, it will be fixed!

Don't you think the Jacobs on the back of the jersey would lead you to believe that it's Brandon Jacobs, not Brandon Jackson (the RB for the Packers)? ;)

Not bad for a beginner. Keep working at it.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I do to add a border:

- Create a new layer and select the rectangle marquee tool.

- At the top, chose fixed size for style and choose your width and height to be 2 px smaller than your image size.

- press ctrl+shift+i to invert your selection.

- press ctrl and the plus character (+) to zoom into your pic, I usually go upto about 1200x.

- Now choose your paint bucket tool and select a color of your choosing and paint the selected area.

- press ctrl+D to deselect your selection.

Are you freaking kidding me?! :yernuts:

New layer on top, Cmd/Ctrl+A (select all), Edit>Stroke, 1px black. Done.

Are you freaking kidding me?! :yernuts:

New layer on top, Cmd/Ctrl+A (select all), Edit>Stroke, 1px black. Done.

I know it sounds grueling, but this method only takes about 10 seconds for me to do. Also, this provides me with a multi-color border though its always good to learn new and quicker methods. Will surely gives yours a try. Never did know about the method that you had mentioned.

Two things that bug me about Photoshop that still haven't been fixed after numerous e-mails to Adobe:

Outer Strokes end up rounded no matter how square your square is

Circles, both with the shape tool and the circular marquee tool, aren't perfectly circle. They look it, but try resizing them. Ain't so hot.

Jessica Alba.

JessicaAlba.jpg

Dan, thanks for the tip on the stroke. That is so much quicker. Never knew of that method. Thanks.

Edit: Also, was wondering if you guys are seeing any improvements in my sigs and suggestions to utilize other techniques are more than welcome. Thanks.

Don't you think the Jacobs on the back of the jersey would lead you to believe that it's Brandon Jacobs, not Brandon Jackson (the RB for the Packers)? ;)

Not bad for a beginner. Keep working at it.

LOL, yeah, I fixed it. I was playing Madden '08 with the Packers before so I had Brandon Jackson in my head the whole time. I may make him or AJ Hawk next.

Thanks, this 1 is still definetly a WIP, so I'll have more updates on it.

Okay, so I've fixed the name, added a border and added a NY Giants' logo to the background behind the stripes. It's looking a little better. Font will be the next thing fixed!

And, redsox, the color balance suggestion you posted a couple posts earlier, I can't seem to find it. I am using Photoshop Elements 5.0.

brandonjacobssp5.jpg

Okay, so I've fixed the name, added a border and added a NY Giants' logo to the background behind the stripes. It's looking a little better. Font will be the next thing fixed!

And, redsox, the color balance suggestion you posted a couple posts earlier, I can't seem to find it. I am using Photoshop Elements 5.0.

brandonjacobssp5.jpg

I don't know under what tab you will be able to find it. I have Photoshop CS2 and for me the "color balance" option is under layer->new adjustment layer->color balance. Maybe that option was not included in Photoshop Elements 5.

I don't know under what tab you will be able to find it. I have Photoshop CS2 and for me the "color balance" option is under layer->new adjustment layer->color balance. Maybe that option was not included in Photoshop Elements 5.

Nah its not there. When I put enough money together I'll get CS2. I've added a couple of things to it, and I think it looks a lot better. The uniform in the back looks a lot better now in my opinion.

Sig made for Keith5920. Soriano:

alfonsosoriano.jpg

If anyone has any requests let me know, and I will take a crack at it.

Wow, that 1 is nice. Good work

A Shawne Merriman one I put together, I think it looks pretty good, please leave comments and ways I could make it better! Thanks!

What it needs

-Border

-Font Change

Keep in mind that I will be fixing the fonts for my Brandon Jacobs and Shawne Merriman later on. I wanna get used to lighting, and different brushes.

shawnemerrimanru1.jpg