Ideas for the site? Post them here!

Yankee4Life

Reading a post by TheH in the thread to keep post counts, he made a comment that we should have the feature to ignore people on this site. I think that's a good idea. If any of you are on "The Perfect Game", that fine website has the ignore feature on their boards. Simply put, you can choose to block out or "ignore" any user you want.

Do any of you other people have any ideas for the site? Post them here. I will personally forward them to Trues or he'll read them himself.

I'm sure a lot of people have some good ideas or suggestions that can be implemented. So this is your chance to be heard. Remember, there's no right or wrong answers here, it's just your opinion and that's good enough for everyone.

Thank you!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in addition to the ignore feature, perhaps less useful (but useful for me):

a mod in one's control panel or after a post that allows you to track your "buddies" posts. This is something you can do on certain boards.

i.e.: when someone you're tracking posts, you're notified or your buddies posts are all put together in one neat place. It's actualy an extension of the ignore feature in some way.

There are plenty of mods out there for this if the ignore is too difficult to implement.

Yankee4Life,

Color schemes should suffice... but going into more detail like 'pinstripes' and s*hit seems a little unnecessary.

With only a few color schemes you should be able to cover the whole array of teams in the Majors.

I understand, but the purpose of this thread is to get a wide range of ideas. All I will do is show Trues this thread and he will see what ones he will think is ok.

And I agree, a few color schemes should cover a lot of MLB teams.

a sig limit

Agreed...

WKG, that's a little excessive, don't you think?. I'm all in favor of supporting our teams, favorite players and other noble causes like the 'support our troops' effort, but still, I think you could very cleanly and nicely cover those three subjects with only one sig and some small text thrown here and there.

BTW, did you know you can turn sig images off (not the sigs, just the sig images). It's in your profile. I know it's a shame because there are some very unique sigs out there, but there are also a few monstrosities that take a hurt the page load times. I only turned them off last night for my part.

I think this should be left at the user's discretion, wouldn't you agree?

Back to suggestions...

lol

This will be enforced very soon. Only one sig per person with the dimensions no larger than 500x120.

No,that is a verrrrrrrrrrrry bad idea,I might be able to live with the 1 sig per person limit (although it would irritate me to no end)but not only 500x120 dimensions,if people complain about sig size,tell them to turn it off

BTW, did you know you can turn sig images off (not the sigs, just the sig images). It's in your profile. I know it's a shame because there are some very unique sigs out there, but there are also a few monstrosities that take a hurt the page load times. I only turned them off last night for my part.

Back to suggestions...

I was just about to mention that. Thanks to snepp, that was implimented a while back and I've had them turned off ever since :)

It does wonders for page load times as well.

Back to suggestions...

I knew that, but I like looking at most sigs but you have to draw the line when they take up the whole screen

No,that is a verrrrrrrrrrrry bad idea,I might be able to live with the 1 sig per person limit (although it would irritate me to no end)but not only 500x120 dimensions,if people complain about sig size,tell them to turn it off

Sorry, but this IS going to happen.

Archived