Ideas for the site? Post them here!

Yankee4Life

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that there is no need for a Left field or off-topic section. After all this is a forum for mvpbaseball and other mlb related topics.

Sorry but i'm not interested in knowing what so so thinks of this or that baseball club when I'm looking a mod suggestions etc.

Doesn't work for me. You need good structure in a huge board such as this.

haha ok

Once again I am simply astonished by the people on this board. Congratulations, to you all.

Karim-

Your sigs are an abomination, both in size and quality. You need to let go of your page-long sig fixation and settle on the one you like most. I'm guessing it won't be the one where Tim Hudson's ankle is cut off because the person who made it couldn't find an unclipped image of the man.

Personally, and this rather hearkens back to the post count thread, a karma system could be interesting, where quality is appreciated over quanitity. However, since there are roughly 40 Red Sox / Yankees flame wars going on at any given point, everyone would be deep into negative numbers almost immediately, so maybe not.

I'm personally opposed to the ignore feature since it pretty much cuts down on any conversations you could have, even with the very annoying posters we have here.

Just absolutely make a signature limit, since those have been getting out of hand in certain cases. Can you also have some sort of policy where any sigs that are so ugly they make your eyes water are removed immediately by a mod? I think that would be capital.

I'm personally opposed to the ignore feature since it pretty much cuts down on any conversations you could have, even with the very annoying posters we have here.

Just a note: the ignore feature will be at your discretion. You simply chose who you want to ignore, if anyone at all. I'd rather have a choice than be forced to read meaningless drivel

Once again I am simply astonished by the people on this board. Congratulations, to you all.

Karim-

Your sigs are an abomination, both in size and quality. You need to let go of your page-long sig fixation and settle on the one you like most. I'm guessing it won't be the one where Tim Hudson's ankle is cut off because the person who made it couldn't find an unclipped image of the man.

Personally, and this rather hearkens back to the post count thread, a karma system could be interesting, where quality is appreciated over quanitity. However, since there are roughly 40 Red Sox / Yankees flame wars going on at any given point, everyone would be deep into negative numbers almost immediately, so maybe not.

Just absolutely make a signature limit, since those have been getting out of hand in certain cases. Can you also have some sort of policy where any sigs that are so ugly they make your eyes water are removed immediately by a mod? I think that would be capital.

People like you make me not care if I say something dirty to you and get banned.I don't want to hear your stupid comments about my sig work.You are an idiotic red sox fan.No wonder you are opposed to the ignore feature becausde everyone would ignore you.

Karim-

I feel that lying is wrong, because I highly doubt that your eyes watered at the sight of my signature, and if you do have a problem maybe you should have sent me a personal message.

People like you make me not care if I say something dirty to you and get banned.I don't want to hear your stupid comments about my sig work.You are an idiotic red sox fan.No wonder you are opposed to the ignore feature becausde everyone would ignore you.

My apologies. I hope you find this more agreeable.

Karim-

Your sigs are truly wonderful, both in size and quality. You should be proud of the small size of your signatures and attempt to pack as many different causes into that space as humanly possible. I am particularly fond of the Tim Hudson signature, where the author made the ingenious decision to remove part of his ankle, as a metaphor for the incompleteness of his life because he is not on the Yankees, thus making the signature work on a variety of psycholigical and emotional levels.

I believe a karma system is a terrible idea, as people who post all the time clearly are more intelligent than everyone else. They should be rewarded for their dedication to four word responses. It is a sign of true excellence that these wonderful posters care so deeply for the quantity of their replies that they can't even check thei posting passion by spelling correctly or using remotely acceptable grammar.

I think the ignore feature is an excellent idea because I want to be shielded from anything bad that happens in this world, as there is much that is scary and makes me cry.

By no means shall you instate a signature limit, as then wonderful examples like Karim will not be able to express themselves to the world at large. There should also be some sort of policy where wonderfull large signatures with countless different color schemes are held up as an example to all.

Or you could go with the suggestions in my original post, which I still believe would be a benefit to the site, as opposed to some of what I deem unnecessary additions that others have proposed. Best of luck.

EDIT:

Actually, Karim, I do apologize. It was wrong for me to attack your signatures in such a way. You really do just like having them the way they are, and I have absolutely no right to berate you for your decisions. I completely apologize for that unfounded and malicious attack. And I do so without the slightest bit of condescension. However, I do have to say it would be beneficial to reduce the size of your signature, as you can likely focus it down to one set image which will look far better and uncluttered. I should have stated it this way in the beginning.

perfect example of spam with a giant *** sig to boot

It's not really considered spam, all he stated was that he is confused at what Laotzu had stated about his signature and that if he felt that way about his sig he should have PMed him about it instead of criticizing his signature out in the open.

However, I do suggest that a 25 character rule be placed in effect to posting. If your post does not consist of 25 or more characters, it isn't a post period.

another small suggestion, for this thread gone ary as always...

mod:

When browsing a thread, go to first unread post.

To me a feature that is quite often useful and sometimes can be found on other boards. Basically the bigger the thread (10, 20 pages..) the more useful it is. Could probably be easy to implement as well..

Archived