Mvp12!

musty1000

Downloading the MOD as I type

But I would like 2 thank ALL THE GUYS who undertook this task

Remember people they are not getting paid for this

They have done it out of their fondness for MVP

and to enrich the experience of playing the game

so before u come with dumb criticism (which i know some idiot will)

Think about the fact

Would YOU take the time 2 do this?

Thanks again for all ur hard work guys!!!

Edited by musty1000

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downloading the MOD as I type

But I would like 2 thank ALL THE GUYS who undertook this task

Remember people they are not getting paid for this

They have done it out of their fondness for MVP

and to enrich the experience of playing the game

You're going to love it once you get into it. These guys did a super job.

so before u come with dumb criticism (which i know some idiot will)

You can bet the house on this. Sit back and watch.

Y DOEZ DIS HAV 2 B 900MB DATS DISCRIMINATION DERP. :p

In all seriousness i appreciate the work you guys put into this, and i cant wait to try it out. I might not have much of an internet after this because i live in the middle of nowhere lol. Bandwidth caps on satellite internet sucks :sad:

Thanks guys. I'm a bit proud of what we accomplished. It took about 4 months of HARD work to get this done. I had never modded the PC game before this. I had some XBox experience, but I got the PC game in March and immediately got to work. Thanks so much to the MVP 12 team that contributed new mods, to everyone that gave permission for inclusion of past mods, and to all the board legends that provided guidance. The mod isn't perfect, but I still think it's damn good.

I'm pretty sure this mod has more uniforms included than any other Total Conversion mod ever. We've got over 700 in this. Obviously, big thanks go out to all the past uniform creators, but I definitely couldn't have done this without bctrackboi compiling uniform sets and creating tons of new uniforms, along with nani for releasing new uniforms for every MLB team in 2012. If you don't see a 2012 uniform when you get to the select screen, just scroll through until you find it; we had to work around some hard-coding to make sure jerseys were accurate.

ar_key and I developed a roster set that is the most accurate roster from Single A thru MLB out there. Statistically, I put of lot of time into it to make it ideal for Season Mode. I certainly welcome constructive criticism on the roster as this is the first roster I've ever been associated with. Some kind of evidence that backs up criticism would be helpful as well. Also, I encourage everyone to try MVP 12 with Daflyboys roster as an alternative; he has gone to great depths to make insanely accurate MLB rosters. It's pretty fantastic.

RJSim created brand new (and exclusive) artwork for MVP 12.

I'm pretty proud of the music in MVP 12. My aim was for a jukebox that was a bit more focused towards very modern rock, similar to the original MVP games. I had a ton of fun creating the batter walk up music file, I think it's very diverse.

Dennisjames, Jim, Yankee4Life, Homer and Kraw were all invaluable in their wisdom.

I'd also like to thank kst for putting out a lot of portrait sets and Jed & Jogar for putting out all of the wonderful cyberfaces. I'd like to thank jaycee for continuing to put out audio sets even though his computer is fried. A designer friend of mine that doesn't even play MVP created brand-new stadium select screens for the game - only cost me a case of beer! However, a few of them are stretched a bit, but 95% of them are perfect and look awesome.

Unfortunately, there are some thing that just didn't get done. 3 MLB stadiums are missing and a bunch of minor league portraits were never completed. I'm pretty aware of what's missing in the mod and would prefer not to have a bunch of PMs pointing this out.

Again, constructive criticism is welcome; there's a good chance SOMETHING got glossed over. Is there an audio file floating around somewhere that should be included? Did I get a cyberface assignment wrong? Please let me know.

I really hope everyone enjoys this mod as much as I have.

Thanks so much guys,

Kyle

Kyle,

You were a superb manager and facilitator in this huge project and it was a pleasure to work with you on this. I can definitely appreciate the ridiculous hard work it takes to compile/create something like this. You should be extremely proud of being our leader in this project and the great accomplishment. As I mentioned in our PMs, this game is 5-star, from top to bottom and I have truly enjoyed this for the past week. I especially love bctrackboi11’s great selection of throwback uniforms as well as the one’s he created. Excellent variety for sure. Later today I will post my small tutorial for users to “rotate” the (3)CAS Stadiums I made into MVP 12 is they wish to do so.

Huge thanks to you Kyle and everyone involved with it!!

Dennis

Great job Kyleb and all of you modders who were hard at work on this.

Everyone deserves a bit of thanks here. Let's start with daflyboys, who started that thread the day after New Year's that planted the idea for a Mvp 2012.

Thank you to kyleb for saying "why not?" and who organized this. And thank you to everyone else who got on board with kyleb and contributed their talents in the making of this great mod.

I request that each of you who download and play this mod to take five seconds out of your day to come in this thread and type a thank you to these modders. How about that?

This is the best word I can come up with since I now have played MVP 12

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very clean, the look is fantastic, and the uniforms are killer

I even got the mini batting game working again YEAH!!

Players are up to date, gonna look @ some of the ratings

But the look and feel are excellent

Again guys vnj on the hard work

It truly paid off!!

Kyle,

You were a superb manager and facilitator in this huge project and it was a pleasure to work with you on this. I can definitely appreciate the ridiculous hard work it takes to compile/create something like this. You should be extremely proud of being our leader in this project and the great accomplishment. As I mentioned in our PMs, this game is 5-star, from top to bottom and I have truly enjoyed this for the past week. I especially love bctrackboi11’s great selection of throwback uniforms as well as the one’s he created. Excellent variety for sure. Later today I will post my small tutorial for users to “rotate” the (3)CAS Stadiums I made into MVP 12 is they wish to do so.

Huge thanks to you Kyle and everyone involved with it!!

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. You were a HUGE help in this. For people that don't know, any time I had any kind of request, Dennis stepped up to the plate. Logos, uniforms - you name it. This dude is so ahead of the game, he probably already has MVP 13 at home on his computer!

This is the best word I can come up with since I now have played MVP 12

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very clean, the look is fantastic, and the uniforms are killer

I even got the mini batting game working again YEAH!!

Players are up to date, gonna look @ some of the ratings

But the look and feel are excellent

Again guys vnj on the hard work

It truly paid off!!

Yeah, Shane Reynolds is buried down in the free agents list in order to make it work. I may edit him into a another player at some point so that his hex ID still exists but so that "Shane Reynolds" isn't in the game.

Thanks!

This isn't a complaint. It's just something I noticed. The White Sox red Sunday uniforms have a slight inaccuracy. There are red helmets and red belts on the real uniforms while these have black.

If you check out the photo of Alexei Ramirez and the screenshot in the game you'll see what I mean. Despite this these uniforms in this game look great.

Thanks again for your work. I'm not sure if it is just me but Rays AAA SS Tim Beckham is black. In the game he is white and has a portrait of a white player. Chris Archer has the right photo, but i thought his face should be a little darker. Just figured I'd let you guys know.

Tim Beckham:

07nat12.jpg

Edited by me23

This isn't a complaint. It's just something I noticed. The White Sox red Sunday uniforms have a slight inaccuracy. There are red helmets and red belts on the real uniforms while these have black.

If you check out the photo of Alexei Ramirez and the screenshot in the game you'll see what I mean. Despite this these uniforms in this game look great.post-58-0-66624300-1342124079_thumb.jpegpost-58-0-04150100-1342124093_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for your work. I'm not sure if it is just me but Rays AAA SS Tim Beckham is black. In the game he is white and has a white picture. And Chris Archer has right photo, but wrong face. Just figured I'd let you guys know.

Cool, thanks guys. It would nice to address these maybe in a month with a patch.

Hey Kyle,

I had my Sunday Red White Sox jerseys in my dropbox, so here they are with the correct uniform slot for MVP 12.

Dennis

mvp20052012-04-1522-42-46-14.jpg

Thanks, Dennis. I know you had offered these up before. That's what I get for not checking EVERY uniform haha.

^^thx jaycee.... installed with TiT?

Another note gents: I think the LOC files used are seemingly based off the ones I did. Therefore, since dynasty is now "season", trying to utilize an existing dynasty won't get read. Go into your version of "my documents" for your OS and change and .sav file that you are still wanting to play with and change "Dynasty" within the file name simply to "Season". Otherwise you'll have to change the LOC file (probably FE.loc) for anything saying season back to dynasty.

suggestions for the roster:

Erick Aybar needs skin 10

Dustin Ackley - upright batting stance and small body size

Justin Smoak - big papi batting stance

Mike Carp - Kaz Matsui batting stance

Kyle Seager - Larry Walker batting stance

suggestions for the roster:

Erick Aybar needs skin 10

Dustin Ackley - upright batting stance and small body size

Justin Smoak - big papi batting stance

Mike Carp - Kaz Matsui batting stance

Kyle Seager - Larry Walker batting stance

Thanks for these!

Guys I downloaded this and it is just great. Amazing job!

One thing I found though. Comerica Park opened in 2000, not 1997. The selection screen is wrong. It broke ground in 1997. This is such a small detail, but I thought I would let you know. Other then that I see nothing.