Vlad_Zola_Jr

Reditor Ii [Mlb 2K12]

REDitor II v. 4.8

This is the tool, which will help U to edit Roster-files of such games as MLB 2K12 (PC and XBox 360), NBA 2K12 (PC and XBox 360), MLB 2K11 (PC), NBA 2K11 (PC and XBox 360) and NBA 2K10 (PC)!

myfriend2.th.jpg90420534.th.png56932042.th.png65904718.th.png

Author: Vl@d Zola Jr.

Co-Authors: M@dDog

Special thanks: JaoSming, hokupguy, Leftos, STOMPTHECOURT, jrlocke, ALX, aloncho11, pena1, Ariel, Zeusnlsc, yuyuzhen2, toyomihm, njkobe

What is new in version 4.8?

New in v. 4.8:

This is a maintainance update.

Download and enjoy It:

v. 4.8 FREE

Read Release Notes after the installation. It is important!

The instruction on How To Buy is located here: http://buy.red-mods.com/HowToBuy.htm

If you're interested in placing some advertisment inside the program, you're recommended to visit this page: http://red-mods.com/index.php/advert

Another small note for you icon_wink.gif :

"Hidden" Hot Keys: Ctrl+Tab switches between tabs in the current file; Ctrl+Shift+Tab switches between opened files; Ctrl+Double Click on the cell activates Dynamic Linkages, if it's applied to the cell (the cell represents a color or links to another tab); Ctrl+Click on the fixed(grayed uneditable) row/column selects the whole row/column; Double Click on an item in Column Filter list to get to the beginning of the category; Ctrl + Sift + F opens Create Filter... dialog.

Also Download and Try DEMO version (4.5) to test all the feautres, including the advanced interfaces, before purchasing:

Demo Version 4.5

Release Notes And Restrictions for Demo version:

- Files can't be saved

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

Schedule editing confirmed! The only thing left for decoding is Players Injuries/DL Status.

So, i'm starting to round it up for building a beta version.

If you find any interesting parameters after the release, which are not implemented, feel free to report - so i'll look for them. ;)

Yes, it'll be compatible with XBox files, but in 7-10 days after the PC release is out (another version will be released with XBox support).

Schedule editing confirmed! The only thing left for decoding is Players Injuries/DL Status.

If you find any interesting parameters after the release, which are not implemented, feel free to report - so i'll look for them. ;)

Yes, it'll be compatible with XBox files, but in 7-10 days after the PC release is out (another version will be released with XBox support).

That's great news Vlad!

This is insanity. Any chance it would support imported stats from something like a spreadsheet?

What I think would be cool is if there was some sort of algorithm that the game uses to translate imported seasonal stats from real life into player skill points.

Can't Wait!

I know this has been asked before on created teams, can it be possiable to put in a league division and is possiable to change logos these things is my only problem any info is great.

Since we can edit the schedule with this program, can we perhaps edit the starting time of the game? So we begin in 2013 and not in 2012? Know what I mean?

This is such great news... :good:

Since we can edit the schedule with this program, can we perhaps edit the starting time of the game? So we begin in 2013 and not in 2012? Know what I mean?

This is such great news... :good:

+ 1 :good:

Hey, guys! Thank you for your support!

Release date for PC Tables is set to this weekend. Nearly everything is set up, but due to my school i'm not having enough time until the weekend to finish the little things... I'll answer your Qs later a bit on the same reason.

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

I'll answer your Qs later a bit

Just to throw one of those key questions out there...

You've said that you will be able to allow for changing the schedule.

The bigger question in that area looking forward is, will you be able to change the league and divisional alignment so that Houston is transplanted from the NL Central to the AL West?

If this is something which can be done but you have not made it possible yet, it should be considered a priority.

Making the schedule match the real MLB for future years as of 2013 will not have quite the same significance if we cannot have the leagues set up with all of the teams in their proper divisions.

Thanks so much for your efforts... looking forward to your upcoming release.

Hey, guys!

Sorry for the release delay... Everything is ready for the release, except for documentation. :sad: So, it's gonna happen day-to-day, once i recieve compiled documentation from M@dDog.

You can play with the Demo meanwhile (all the licenses are maxed out, but Save is disabled): Download

And the promised answers to your questions:

Any chance it would support imported stats from something like a spreadsheet?

Yes, it does. You can either use Import From CSV feature or just simply copy-paste cells from an external spreadsheet into REDitor. But you should make sure, the imported stats have correct format (order of stat columns) and the imported stats are assigned to the player, you want (can be corrected by editing Players tab in the other case).

I know this has been asked before on created teams, can it be possiable to put in a league division and is possiable to change logos these things is my only problem any info is great.

I think, you can change logos manipulating with graphic files (IFFs), which are located in the game folder.

I think, it is possible to replace an existing team with a created one, but it's not a trivial task, as this will require to update schedules and possibly some other things as well, otherwise the game will crash.

No, the start date is hard-coded. It can be somehow edited by editing an already on-going Franchise/Career, i guess, but REDitor only allows to edit Roster part of files, and the desired value is stored apart from the Roster part. Still, the schedule for 2012 is fully customizable, so you can make it very minimalistic for a quick simulation or just pretend, it's year 2013... )))

The bigger question in that area looking forward is, will you be able to change the league and divisional alignment so that Houston is transplanted from the NL Central to the AL West?

I tired doing so, but it doesn't look much possible. Looks like, it's partially hard-coded, so after i moved a team from one division into another by roster editing, it actually created a ghost team in the standings for that new division, but the team still stayed in the old one.

Probably it is possible to move teams around, but changing the number of teams in each division works only partially...

===========

Another unfortunate thing is that english.iff editing is not possible. :sad: While there were no problem editing the file for NBA 2K12, increasing the total MLB 2K12 text size even by one character leads to the game crash on startup. I made numerous attempts to bypass the issue, but it seems the max. amount of characters is hard-coded. So, i have to say, there won't be a tool released to edit english.iff of MLB 2K12.

PS: Sorry for my language. Got very tired within the last 5 days, so i'm unable to speak gramatically correct. =)))

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

will first issue here, the demo will not stay open, it opens, but it closes itself less than a minute later. i realize its a demo, but that what happens to to me. i tried both as administrator and standard user and it happanes both ways.

Vlad, purchasing Reditor will be possbile...

- change default 2K color tones of socks and shoes?

- change jerseys description?

Great job, Vlad.

I do have to ask, which value holds the face ID for the managers? I tried the Audio ID, nothing. The App ID isn't it either.

I do have to ask, which value holds the face ID for the managers? I tried the Audio ID, nothing. The App ID isn't it either.

It's sort of a multi-step process, but I'll try to explain. Let's take Joe Girardi, for example. In the franchise file I opened, the Yankees are ID 29 in the "Teams" tab. After scrolling over to the right, I find that the "Manager" field has a value of 135. This number represents the ID to look for in the "Staff" tab. (If you look at the full list of staff IDs, you'll find a number of slots contain Girardi's name. This is why it's important to look at the "Teams" tab first, so you know that you're looking at the right one.) The AppID of Staff ID 135 is 3826. So now, going to the "Appearances" tab, we're looking for ID 3826. The CF_ID is the cyberface, so AppID 3826 shows Girardi's face is 8027. As you can see from the texture I've extracted from player_head_8027.iff, it is Girardi.

post-10872-0-54250000-1350351915_thumb.j

Hm, the editor does not work for me. I tried also to run it as an Admin but I always get an access violation when I want to open a roster.

Edit:

Lol, it does work. Sorry. I do not know what was wrong, but I tried 5-6 times again and now it works. :crazy:

Edit2:

Who are those players that can be found in the Players1 and Players2 registers?

Edited by wudl83

Who are those players that can be found in the Players1 and Players2 registers?

I'm fairly sure those are the batboys for each team.

Thanks!

Can we change the skintone of a player with Vlads editor? If so, in which register can I find the abbreviation for it?

Edited by wudl83

I'm pretty sure he'll provide documentation for things we can't find on our own when it finally releases

I'm proud to introduce you REDitor II v. 4.0 with the support of MLB 2K12 PC files. :)

All the description and links are located in the first post.

360 files will become supported by November.

==================================

Vlad, purchasing Reditor will be possbile...

- change default 2K color tones of socks and shoes?

- change jerseys description?

Do you mean CAT teams?

I'm not sure, what colors you're asking about. Please, check Uniforms tab - there are plenty of them changeable there.

It is possible to change jerseys names, but, unfortunately, no custom names are available (due to english.iff being non-editable), so you can only change names to already pre-defined ones.

Can we change the skintone of a player with Vlads editor? If so, in which register can I find the abbreviation for it?

Yes, it is possible. Skintone is located in Appearances tab. So, you first need to locate the desired player/coach, then find his AppID value, and finally locate the Appearance with that ID on Appearances tab.

Edited by Vlad_Zola_Jr

The editor will open ros. files but will not open franchise files.

You should have at least Player-level license in order to open file types, other than ROS.

You should have at least Player-level license in order to open file types, other than ROS.

Thanks for your quick response, I did buy the guru edition and after the third try it did open my franchise file. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to edit Roster.iff or is it strictly .ROS files only?

Only ROS files.

Though, i guess, it's not a problem to convert from ROS to uncompressed-IFF and vice-versa, as they are nearly identical. But why would you need to edit roster.iff?

if i want change the names, ie braves to rions and the park name zoozs and the abv to match, where i need to be in the editor.

the other ? is is possible to change the schedule so that only nl teams play nl and al only al during the regular season

Do you mean CAT teams?

I'm not sure, what colors you're asking about. Please, check Uniforms tab - there are plenty of them changeable there.

It is possible to change jerseys names, but, unfortunately, no custom names are available (due to english.iff being non-editable), so you can only change names to already pre-defined ones.

CAT means "Create-A-Team Type", right? No, I'm talking about the possibility of fix 2K's pale color on high socks.

Although sleeves looks great, no matter team color value you put it, this item (socks) has a pale texture.

CAT means "Create-A-Team Type", right? No, I'm talking about the possibility of fix 2K's pale color on high socks.

Although sleeves looks great, no matter team color value you put it, this item (socks) has a pale texture.

You mean the greyish black color? That can be fixed in a uniform update for all the CAT jerseys

Is it possible to edit the FONT type though? Or is that in english.iff also

Font type of what? You're right, the general fonts are stored in english.iff, but jersey fonts, i guess, are inside jersey iff files.

if i want change the names, ie braves to rions and the park name zoozs and the abv to match, where i need to be in the editor.

the other ? is is possible to change the schedule so that only nl teams play nl and al only al during the regular season

You can change team names with ease by editing Teams tab. As for ballpark names - it's less flexible, as it's only possible to use the values, predefined in english.iff. You should edit parameters on Ballparks tab, and the list of all possible values can be accessed via Help -> Tutorials... menu inside the tool.

Yes, possible. If you have Guru license, you can simply remove the unnecessary entries from Scheules. Maybe there is another way to simply deactivate them, without the total removal, but i'm unsure about it.

Socks colors are probably defined by one of the textures, stored in global.iff, not roster.

Font type of what? You're right, the general fonts are stored in english.iff, but jersey fonts, i guess, are inside jersey iff files.

Not jersey fonts, I mean like the fonts used for in-game text. I'd love to totally overhaul that as part of a 2K13 mod since there is a utility that will generate bitmap fonts from true type fonts.

If there is a way to extract the bitmap for fonts, this could mean the end of crappy HD fonts in this game ;)

Socks colors are probably defined by one of the textures, stored in global.iff, not roster.

Sock colors are defined via the textures in the uniform IFF files for that specific team.

Not jersey fonts, I mean like the fonts used for in-game text. I'd love to totally overhaul that as part of a 2K13 mod since there is a utility that will generate bitmap fonts from true type fonts.

If there is a way to extract the bitmap for fonts, this could mean the end of crappy HD fonts in this game ;)

Sock colors are defined via the textures in the uniform IFF files for that specific team.

Yes, they are inside english.iff. I suppose, fonts are editable, it's only the text having the hard maximum size. I'll try to extract the font, when i have some free time. Will let you know.

Thanks for clarifying about sock colors.

Found 6 fonts:

Prison AOE

Avenir 85 Heavy

Avenir 55

Avenir 95 Black

Avenir 35 Light

Arial Black

Could you send me a sample of a bmp font all-alone? Those ones in english.iff are containers with both fonts and shaders inside, so it's hard to identify, where is exactly the font, not a shader, etc.

ballpark names i get, but are you saying teams names ie atlanta braves and there letter abv can be changed but what are 2 what the internal team name used for?

Found 6 fonts:

Prison AOE

Avenir 85 Heavy

Avenir 55

Avenir 95 Black

Avenir 35 Light

Arial Black

Could you send me a sample of a bmp font all-alone? Those ones in english.iff are containers with both fonts and shaders inside, so it's hard to identify, where is exactly the font, not a shader, etc.

try this, I'm not sure what the mapping is so I don't know what to include

verdana.7z

I see... thanks guys

before i buy a guru license i need to know if this program will be worth it...for example using tys editor and updated rosters i cannot use all my uniforms i created in game because i run out of space when trying to load them all because of the limits used by the rosters so it will only load so many of my uni's,will this program let me use all unis including future one like the astros new 2013....also i see the guru can edit stadiums,exactly what all will it edit???i just dont wanna pay $20 and still only be able to use limited unis...i can use the generic mod enabler to use every uniform but using that program the colors will be wrong

The new version is released!

It adds support for MLB 2K12 XBox 360 files.

The link is located in the first post.

is there away to fix a player that is a cf and show up as a ss in the allstar voting?

No, not possible with REDitor. The value, you're looking for, is stored outside of roster part of franchise files, which is not editable with the editor.

before i buy a guru license i need to know if this program will be worth it...for example using tys editor and updated rosters i cannot use all my uniforms i created in game because i run out of space when trying to load them all because of the limits used by the rosters so it will only load so many of my uni's,will this program let me use all unis including future one like the astros new 2013....also i see the guru can edit stadiums,exactly what all will it edit???i just dont wanna pay $20 and still only be able to use limited unis...i can use the generic mod enabler to use every uniform but using that program the colors will be wrong

You can clone unis with Guru. For example, i was able to add extra 8 unis to Diamondbacks without replacing any existing unis.

There is some file limit, so it's not possible to make unlimited amount of clones, but it shouldn't cause any problem, adding 50 unis (maybe even more), if you don't clone teams, players or other things. You can take a look on Ultimate Base Roster mod for NBA 2K12 to see, how many fully-made (with jerseys, players, staff and arenas) teams were added to the file.

Unofrunately, it's not possible to define the exact amount of free space left, so the rule "clone little-by-little and make backups" should be used. Once you're over the limit, a name corruption will take place (some names will be erased from the file).

Anyway, you can add 50 unis without worrying about the free space limit.

As for Stadiums: please, read the tutorials, which come with the tool. All the parameters and their meanings are listed there.