Kccitystar

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jackh said:

no

i have the original copy of MVP 2005 on 2 CDs

Ok then.

So you installed the game on your system, which is Windows 7. Windows 7 can run this game very well because I run it on that.

Put the TiT program in the main directory as Gordo said and have the necessary Microsoft updates installed before you operate TiT. Then when that is done you can use it to install uniforms, etc.

i still get the same message saying "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

and nothing happens after inserting the CD or double clicking the MVP Shortcut

8 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Ok then.

So you installed the game on your system, which is Windows 7. Windows 7 can run this game very well because I run it on that.

Put the TiT program in the main directory as Gordo said and have the necessary Microsoft updates installed before you operate TiT. Then when that is done you can use it to install uniforms, etc.

can you tell me how to run the game on windows 7 

or what im doing wrong

18 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

How much free memory do you have?  What else is running while you are trying to do this?

How much hard drive space do you have?

on C: drive    467 GB

didnt have anything else running 

14 hours ago, Jim825 said:

What happens when you try to run the game?  Are you getting the same error message that you previously described?  Have you tried disabling Mcafee before starting the game?

nothing starts when i try to run the game 

• 1 month later...

Question...

I always used to update to a current MVP by way of the 15 mod. Had a massive Windows crash, had to reinstall, long story, but the point is I'm now up and running and gonna go through the 12 mod as @Gordo has always suggested. I have a bunch of mods I apply to get to 2018 from 2015. So can I just go through those again if the ultimate goal is to get to 2018? Or will it be necessary for some reason to get all these faces, cybers, etc for the period from 2012-2015 as well? Shouldn't be necessary right?

You lost me a bit on that, but the bottom line is that if you installed 2012, you'd need the 2015 models.big file to bring in the cyberfaces to that point (either a straight swap of that file or you're gonna have to extract the faces one by one, which to me would be a little ludicrous).   Or from the point after the 2012 TCM, start downloading and installing all the cyberfaces you want to current.  Not sure of any other way.

The point is, I used to go MVP05 -- MVP15 and then update from there to today. I have all that stuff downloaded already.

This time, I've gone to MVP12 instead. Can I just use the stuff I have to update from 2015 forward? Or do I have to get updates that run from 2012-2015 as well? That's what I'm asking.

Right, like if the only place a new stadium was created is somewhere between 2012 and 2015, I won't have it. Or uniforms or something.

But if I have the latest models.big then any faces I import should work fine. I don't need the progression of faces, portaits, etc, I just need the latest available.

Wait, let me ask something... the importing of the models.big from the 15 mod to my 12 install potentially stops any cybers from 2012-2015 from working right? Because when the models.big was created for 2015 surely several players from before in the database could have been deleted, renamed, etc. (retirees, etc) Is that correct? Because if so, there isn't much point in getting anything from before 2015 anyway.

Let me clarify, I'm saying... you go along from 2012 as though you were downloading cybers and stuff from the time in chronological order, maybe you only grabbed big update packs along the way because if one or two guys you'd never see had incorrect faces, so what. But the moment you got to 2015, would any faces created from that point have the 15 models.big in mind? If someone makes faces today, what models.big do they reference? I don't think anyone ever says.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that simple. Back when we were really active, there used to be one official thread that updated id's for portraits and cyberfaces. When modders made faces, we would number them based on that list. Thus when I released a big face pack, I could update the entire game for the entire year. The catch was that there was also someone updating a roster to correlate with this. As long as we had the id list and roster that updated with it, then the facepacks would work just fine. The issue you will have copying the models.big from one mod to the next is that it can cause crashing if the roster isn't compatible with the face id's.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

It's not that simple. Back when we were really active, there used to be one official thread that updated id's for portraits and cyberfaces. When modders made faces, we would number them based on that list. Thus when I released a big face pack, I could update the entire game for the entire year. The catch was that there was also someone updating a roster to correlate with this. As long as we had the id list and roster that updated with it, then the facepacks would work just fine. The issue you will have copying the models.big from one mod to the next is that it can cause crashing if the roster isn't compatible with the face id's.

Ok, I see.

So, what's the way to get from the 2012 mod to today? Just add faces from 2012 to 2018 as thoroughly as I can and then get Gordo's latest roster?

42 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

Ok, I see.

So, what's the way to get from the 2012 mod to today? Just add faces from 2012 to 2018 as thoroughly as I can and then get Gordo's latest roster?

Ya, I think I mentioned that as an option a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

Ya, I think I mentioned that as an option a couple of weeks ago.

So basically, by updating faces through the years, there's no need for a new models.big file. Is that it? Because you effectively update the faces yourself thereby changing the models.big file? Sorry, just trying to understand how it works.

Archived