Umachines' 2K12 and MVP uniforms feedback thread

Umachines

15 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

Good stuff.

Especially the embroidery effect one.

You definitely have some skill!

Thanks, Dirtdog.

Since I've never made classic uniforms for the Orioles, I want to add them this time. So, this update is taking some few days more. My idea is adding 1989 white uniform for CL1 slot and that rare 1971-72 all orange uniform for CL2:

s-l500.thumb.jpg.eecbd35d71d926a52a01939e834de5b7.jpg

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2022 at 8:00 PM, Bostonnico said:

Thank you very much man, for the update to the Boston uniform, the quality of your work is incredible, thanks for sharing. 👍👍👏👏

Thanks, pal. You know I always try to think as a fan of the team I'm working with. That way, the final result is the same level of quality for all the teams, I guess.

Right now I'm updating Royals set. Some interesting changes this year for most of Kansas City uniforms.

mlb2k12_2022_05_09_17_36_16_070.jpg

2 hours ago, Muller_11 said:

Umachines are no longer give us some love with his work to MVP Baseball users

artworks-000354524928-586iiw-t500x500.jpg

Well, I've got a couple of good templates for MVP and I'm always willing to help the modders with hints, and even graphics if they ask me for. Keeping one game updated is a demanding task. So updating two would be really complicated. Not long ago, I made some few MVP 2005 pieces again, and that made me remember how hard making MVP uniforms is, compared to the ones of 2K12.

I just noticed that the Oakland A's have a Ray Fosse tribute patch on their home white uniform sleeve this season. The Detroit Tigers also are wearing a Kimera Bartee tribute patch on the sleeve of their  uniforms- one version for home, one for the road.

oakland-athletics-ray-fosse-patch-microphone-green-yellow-2022-sportslogosnet.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

On 5/16/2022 at 5:44 PM, Umachines said:

Dodgers uniforms are almost ready too. But I found this thing on the net. 1916 so unique checked uniform:

BRK1916R2-1.thumb.jpg.b244715e8b6d6189d9732e2bcc156b8f.jpg

I believe that uniform is included as one of the Dodgers alternates in MVP 2005. I know I’ve seen it it the game. 

4 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I believe that uniform is included as one of the Dodgers alternates in MVP 2005. I know I’ve seen it it the game. 

You mean the stock ones?.  It would have been very Hard making it the right way for MVP, because its pattern actually works like a grid. It lets you see lots of texture/models imperfections. It happened to me in 2k12. The squares have to be of defferent size and proportion in every area, in order to make them look nearly the same size in gameplay. And you can see several deformations in the texture. It's actually better a map/tool for making uniforms.

After updating Oakland set, I'm working with Minnesota. I found a great project for a throwback in 1959 Washington Senator's zipered uniform. If you remember my St. Louis "Stan the Man" uniform, this one will use the same template:

lf.thumb.jpg.c072949e478b6c8adbcdd45605e4208a.jpg

11 hours ago, Umachines said:

You mean the stock ones?.  It would have been very Hard making it the right way for MVP, because its pattern actually works like a grid. It lets you see lots of texture/models imperfections. It happened to me in 2k12. The squares have to be of defferent size and proportion in every area, in order to make them look nearly the same size in gameplay. And you can see several deformations in the texture. It's actually better a map/tool for making uniforms.

Yes, the stock ones. I remember that we used that uniform when we added the 1916 Dodgers to one of the early iterations of the  original Total Classics mod (currently Total Classics 10).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys. I've already gathered some info about Rockie's new City Connect uniform:

COLORADO-ROCKIES-2022-city-connect-uniform-explainer-license-plate-sportslogosnet-10001000-sq.thumb.jpg.f294badfefb835aeed4d8333b32dc47b.jpg

But at this point, I've been busy updating Cubs set. Long time without doing anything to those ones. I'm filling both retro slots this time with 1909 road uniform and my own version of 1942 vest with zipper home uniform. Both, thanks to my last year's Cardinals textures. I really like these ones:

mlb2k12_2022_05_28_08_06_29_964.thumb.jpg.113a4eef25c7eac0d232727c3ab82bc8.jpg

Rockies.thumb.jpg.14a457080cb9431a58dbe7746ce9603a.jpg

Rockies City Connect uniform is almost ready. Just a coulpe of things about this one that you won't find in the short description:

Making these kind of uniforms is really tricky. It's about trying several times, in order to put things in the right place and the right size too. I Spent a couple of days just looking for the right host uniform for this project. At the end I tried with Orioles, Reds and the former color scheme Astros road, that's the one I finally used, mainly because of its very tall and thin numbers, and the perfect position for the ones on the front. Anyway, I took those numbers to their limit, using a grid. I also made my own version of Colorado license plate numbers, looking at some samples on the net.

In general, I really like this uniform. But I hate the urban singer cap, and the purple datails are not really well designed to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Angels City Connect uniform announcement got me in the middle of another big project...

los-angeles-angels-city-connect-uniform-new-2022-nike-surfing-sportslogosnet-mlb-mike-trout.thumb.jpg.6be1b0d0f9486e85a03a64bc66975266.jpg

Starting from KCcitystar's 2020 Brewers uniforms, I'm working on a major update for that team. It will be at least 7 uniforms, including both throwbacks. I hope It will be similar to the sets I've released for the rest of the teams:

Brewers.thumb.jpg.c9cc4641abff1d0bfd370ef718515b21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@UmachinesCan you pm me what programming and are good tutorials for modding uniforms. I want to create custom uniforms, but haven't figured out what programming to use and then how to upload. I know how to modify the simple items like rosters and am learning a bit about modding other ROS spreadsheet items (like team names, etc.). It's the uniforms, logos and and caps that I haven't figured out. I'd share on here once I accomplish what I'm trying with a full custom mod.

12 hours ago, Aiwan said:

@UmachinesCan you pm me what programming and are good tutorials for modding uniforms. I want to create custom uniforms, but haven't figured out what programming to use and then how to upload. I know how to modify the simple items like rosters and am learning a bit about modding other ROS spreadsheet items (like team names, etc.). It's the uniforms, logos and and caps that I haven't figured out. I'd share on here once I accomplish what I'm trying with a full custom mod.

No prob. Remember I use Corel Draw to make all my files. I use Photoshop only as an Importing/exporting DDS textures tool, because I don't know any DDS plugin for Corel Photopaint.

...Right now working with Seattle maintenance update. This is one of the additions to the Mariners uniform set. 1977 -Inaugural season uniform- will replace 1981 stock uniform:

mlb2k12_2022_06_30_11_57_01_553.thumb.jpg.db4b47073139fde1055ff720946a88b1.jpg

9 hours ago, Umachines said:

No prob. Remember I use Corel Draw to make all my files. I use Photoshop only as an Importing/exporting DDS textures tool, because I don't know any DDS plugin for Corel Photopaint.

...Right now working with Seattle maintenance update. This is one of the additions to the Mariners uniform set. 1977 -Inaugural season uniform- will replace 1981 stock uniform:

mlb2k12_2022_06_30_11_57_01_553.thumb.jpg.db4b47073139fde1055ff720946a88b1.jpg

Thanks! I'll see how I can work on those programs or similar ones.

Interesting uniforms. I'm a Marlins fan. Trying to load one of the updates as part of my learning of uploading a final product uniform into the .ROS.

Fun stuff to learn at this point in my life.

• 7 months later...

Archived