Umachines' 2K12 and MVP uniforms feedback thread

Umachines

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys. My project with the Guardians is updating the four uniforms seen so far in the "official" mockups and move my four classic Indians uniforms to some other slots, waiting for some other updates when all the real movement starts. I'm also in debt with my uniforms templates update and some minor additions, like Mets' black jersey. Open to more missing pieces and suggestios, btw.

Draft Pick: Thanks in advance, I'm contacting you. I also have a couple of tricks I can give you.

• 2 months later...

...Back to the updates, I'm working with the Mets. There are some issues with this team. I accidentally lost my Mets source folder last year. So I had to downoad my own files from here, in order tu update "41" tribute patch. I found the original stock black jersey uniform in MLB2k12 unmodded folder. It's very useful, because of the three colored names font. But I find the cap logo too small again.

8 hours ago, Umachines said:

...Back to the updates, I'm working with the Mets. There are some issues with this team. I accidentally lost my Mets source folder last year. So I had to downoad my own files from here, in order tu update "41" tribute patch. I found the original stock black jersey uniform in MLB2k12 unmodded folder. It's very useful, because of the three colored names font. But I find the cap logo too small again.

Darn, didn't realize the Mets losing was contagious. Always avoid the Mets ;) (that sucks though my friend)

On 3/16/2022 at 11:24 AM, mbowkett1978 said:

Darn, didn't realize the Mets losing was contagious. Always avoid the Mets ;) (that sucks though my friend)

Ha, ha... Well, black jersey is back. I know it's late and 2022 version won't have "41" tribute patch. So I'm adding it to an early update this season.

mlb2k12_2022_03_19_10_08_36_203.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, more City Connect uniforms are one the way too. I'm really trying to keep this aspect of MLB 2k12 alive, as far as I can. One of the ideas I have about it is having unifomrs that you can't find, even in games like MLB The Show, because of that game's editing tool limitations so far.

Well, it all starts here...

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/04/19/san-diego-padres-to-wear-motorola-logo-on-jerseys-in-2023/baseball/

SAN-DIEGO-PADRES-M-MOTOROLA-LOGO-PATCH-2023-SPORTSLOGOSNET-FEAT.thumb.jpg.5e0ab8c7bb2a3201dae9f15a99c50c1e.jpg

In few years MLB players can be looking like walking flyers.

Here is a light sample. In some leagues, players wear advetising even on their legs:

Leones-del-Caracas-1.thumb.jpg.9acd02e9190c612af19328a947832d60.jpg

A don't really think it will be this way anytime soon. But it certainly ruins any uniform. This team, Caracas is not my favorite team at all. But I've always thought it has some of the best colors and symbos of any baseball team I've seen: Golden, Navy, Maroon and black. here you can see some samples of their symbols:

Leones.thumb.png.b73f457e57315d9605185961335123b8.png

All of them ruined by the amount of advertising the players also wear on their uniforms.

... BTW, this color scheme is much older than the one Houston wore before their current scheme.

1 hour ago, Umachines said:

Still a lot to do. But I'm allready on my way....

PreviewCherry.thumb.jpg.4e48a2a0b5c5a592beb5dd2d5ca50a6c.jpg

wow it's simply amazing!!, as usual an excellent job with a lot of quality.

@Umachines, do you know if there is a tutorial for the modification of MLB2k uniforms, I would like to learn how to modify uniforms and contribute a little more to the community, thanks in advance for any information

@Umachines, thank you very much, could you at some point send me by PM the general steps to follow to modify uniforms, I know a lot about editing textures and other things, in uniforms but there is something I don't know how to do and that is the import of the .txt colors and the assignment of the slots, maybe you can help me in that part. Thanks for the attention

3 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

@Umachines, thank you very much, could you at some point send me by PM the general steps to follow to modify uniforms, I know a lot about editing textures and other things, in uniforms but there is something I don't know how to do and that is the import of the .txt colors and the assignment of the slots, maybe you can help me in that part. Thanks for the attention

Yeah, No problem. We need some few hands here, BTW.

Nationals City Connect uniform is at a very advanced status now. I'm trying to make a good numbers font at this point....

mlb2k12_2022_04_21_00_18_49_174.thumb.jpg.27955a9aa5af1384bc4169f04dcbea3f.jpg

15 hours ago, Umachines said:

Yeah, No problem. We need some few hands here, BTW.

Nationals City Connect uniform is at a very advanced status now. I'm trying to make a good numbers font at this point....

mlb2k12_2022_04_21_00_18_49_174.thumb.jpg.27955a9aa5af1384bc4169f04dcbea3f.jpg

wow that uniform looks amazing, thanks for all your hard work

Like with most of the graphics I don't have, I'm in the process os making my own digital version of Oriole Park 30th Anniversary patch. Hope you will see the final result later today, clean and with the ebroidery effect already applied:

57943454_OriolesPatch.thumb.jpg.bc8c796c5c215bbe083d9b59518377ad.jpg

Guys, I'm saying this because if any of you, or somenoe else knows about any other legit use for this skill, it would be great to me making some few extra money with this. XD. Restoring old logos comes to my mind. Also, if you can't find your source files of any art, I can help you with this. I've designed many logos myself too.

And this is the final result. Top: the original picture. Left: My version. Right Embroidery effect. Maybe i's too big for the uniform and many details will just lose in the downsizing process. But that's the way I do it:

Oriles30thPatch.thumb.png.e918606996caeb1fc67a32da9d1bdb9e.png

Archived