Umachines' 2K12 and MVP uniforms feedback thread

Umachines

7 hours ago, Umachines said:

A's set is ready, guys. Now I'm starting to work with the Rangers. I like this "Rangers" wordmark for these two new uniforms:

7P4H4WRA6FHN3LVU4724LHOIYQ.thumb.jpg.fb4d72e7c01e4388b700a7b0ac59c839.jpg

nuevo-11.thumb.jpg.39f15afcb0caf870d8666bde5e1a8769.jpg

Again, this is a WIP picture, and several things can change. Rangers cap logo is too small. But that's in the uniform programming. It's not easy to find a better base uniform for them, because of the names font, that's unique in the game. Can't wait to make the light blue one.

The fonts can always be re-made and retrofitted on whatever base you use, just saying ;)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, right. In fact it should be done this time anyway, cause it has changed for 2020 season.

texas-rangers-new-uniforms-2020-font-striping-details-590x745.thumb.png.38680ec18bd63120482691a58515d915.png

I guess a good uniform to start here can be the original Marlins home unie. Big cap logo and plenty of space for big numbers on the back. I can make the numbers realy fast. But the names font will take a while. Agels' uniforms are also a good choice.

20 minutes ago, Umachines said:

Yeah, right. In fact it should be done this time anyway, cause it has changed for 2020 season.

texas-rangers-new-uniforms-2020-font-striping-details-590x745.thumb.png.38680ec18bd63120482691a58515d915.png

I guess a good uniform to start here can be the original Marlins home unie. Big cap logo and plenty of space for big numbers on the back. I can make the numbers realy fast. But the names font will take a while.

I'll do the fonts. Shouldn't be too hard. The 2012 version of the Rangers unis have drop shadows for the fonts and it should be easy to swap the shadows with the green color used as the second border color (00FF00)

8 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

I'll do the fonts. Shouldn't be too hard. The 2012 version of the Rangers unis have drop shadows for the fonts and it should be easy to swap the shadows with the green color used as the second border color (00FF00)

Tanks. Then I suggest you the 2012 Marlins uniform, because of its big cap logo. It's perfect for the Rangers cap. Angels uniforms have the two problems you already metioned. Or if you have your own choice, please tell me, to start the rest of the work on that one.

nuevo-2.thumb.JPG.d82b43eb4630e423be0893517afe6058.JPG

Well, If I'm not wrong, only the trowbacks have a good sized cap logo. But you know they don't use HD chest wordmark, and the names font is not the same anyway. I remember I had tu use another uniform for my Nolan Rayan's tribute.

• 2 weeks later...

I was never happy with something about my version of the navy jersey the Nationals worn for most of octuber games. In the real jersey, part of the the script is at the same level of the front numbers. Mostly because of the limited time I had to work with this team, I didn't find the right host uniform to copy this layout. In most of the stock uniforms, the script level is over the numbers level. I know the lettering angle is too low too. But I'm making a new version of this and the new alternate white jersey, based on another uniform:

WIP.thumb.jpg.2b77e1bb26c845c0d04d636c79ebcdda.jpg

6 hours ago, ming said:

Great stuff, as always! BTW, what did you update on the latest edit of the Jays set?

Thanks, guys. About the Jays, you know the uniform chest lettering comes in an extra HR picture in 2K12. It's 512x256 pixels. But sometimes, you can't put everything in its right place with this picture. So I took the blue jay logo out of this file and put it right on the jersey picture. I sicrificed better resolution for more accuracy, similar to Atlanta wide tomahawk cap in 2019 set. There is also a new effect for the buttons in the green layer. All these are minor things that help together to have better uniforms. I'm always adding this kind of details to the newest sets.

• 3 weeks later...

Several hour without energy every day have made me slow down the updating process. Anyway, right now I'm working with the Tigers, and this is a WIP picture of the Detroit Stars Negro Leages uniform.

Prev.thumb.jpg.3f9f1fc0c531c3a7bb054d48fba0692e.jpg

Edted to post some pics:

DetroitTigers1980Road.thumb.png.d4a46eab2b1342fa8b53bf567a213189.png

1 hour ago, Umachines said:

Several hour without energy every day have made me slow down the updating process. Anyway, right now I'm working with the Tigers, and this is a WIP picture of the Detroit Stars Negro Leages uniform.

Prev.thumb.jpg.3f9f1fc0c531c3a7bb054d48fba0692e.jpg

I would probably make the pinstripes at least at 70% opacity if possible so everything else can pop, other than that it's solid!

Sidenote, the little box at the bottom is the texture color for the neck model in the uniform select screen. If you wanted to utilize this in a template, you can make that a separate thing in a solid color (light grey maybe) above all layers ;)

Archived