Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

527 posts in this topic

Posted

Since this game has been released, this entire community has worked countless man-hours to provide the most realistic MVP Baseball experience possible and have tried to provide the most true-to-life representation of baseball. Within the game's boundaries of course.

However, we, the modders, are aware that many of our completed projects may not function with system setups that are not our own. This has always been an issue, especially with EA themselves whenever they develop a PC title. They have to sacrifice quality for compatibility, which is something that is very hard to do for a lot of modders all around the EA community. We strive to make mods of the highest quality, however at the same time, it is a challenge to ensure that our work gets along with everyone's computer.

With this said, here are some quick reference guides as to what to look for when you are experiencing crashing and distorted gameplay. It's to the best of my knowledge so if you have any other possible solutions, feel free to edit this thread.

1) My game loads the splash screen but crashes to the desktop

This may be an issue with mods that deal with either the 3D model, catcher/fielder glove update, as that file is the one that loads first.

2) My game crashes before I even get to the main menu

Possibly a roster issue or something wrong with the frontend art.

3) I see black boxes where I should be picking my uniforms

This can be caused by a uniform update and an incompatible uniforms.big file. Be sure that the uniforms.big file you download or use is compatible with the uniform packages you have installed.

4) My uniforms have transparent boxes

This usually happens with many low-end video cards that do not support a feature called "Hardware Texture and Lighting". What you want to do is go to your Options menu while the game is paused and go to your Display options.

Disable this little thingy here:

52xotn8.jpg

That's all I have for now. Anybody have any solutions, feel free to follow the same format I have it, continuing from #5 onward

Posted

This deserves a sticky. Thank you KCCityStar.

Posted

Can you tell me why sometimes my players faces are half black and half white? Pretty scary

Posted

KC, could you explain that Anti-Aliasing thing please?

Posted

Can you tell me why sometimes my players faces are half black and half white? Pretty scary

when you see these, take note of who they are. it could be a roster issue or the face itself. let us know when you see them so we can take a closer look.

Posted

How about...

MVP crashes as my game loading bar reaches 100%?: Problem is likely stadium or overlay.

I've also seen crashes when a given batter steps up to bat = Roster problem.

Posted

I've also seen crashes when a given batter steps up to bat = Roster problem.

Possible uncompressed portrait as well. Also, low memory could be the culprit.

Posted

3) I see black boxes where I should be picking my uniforms

This can be caused by a uniform update and an incompatible uniforms.big file. Be sure that the uniforms.big file you download or use is compatible with the uniform packages you have installed.

FYI I had a problem with LA's alternate unis screens displaying so I checked your archive in your exe. The 16.fsh was missing the valid object. Dunno if this applies to others blank screens yet. I just reimported the one off the disc into TiT and it showed correctly.

Posted

anybody with problem #3 using VISTA ..... files and game react differently than in XP depending on what your doing... u think replaceing all files in uniforms.big might work???

Posted

KC, could you explain that Anti-Aliasing thing please?

Anti-aliasing is the technique of minimizing the distortion artifacts known as aliasing when representing a high-resolution signal at a lower resolution.

It's a technique used by video cards to remove the "staircase effect" with jagged edges. Here's an example:

5xibtic.jpg

Here's the same picture with 4X anti-aliasing (smoothing out edges):

6aiqpza.jpg

Posted

what about, "Game crashes when I try to actually play!?"

I can navigate any screen or menu no probs,

I can sim all day long thru seasons but when

I actually enter to play a season/exhibition

it crashes to the desktop . . .

I have MVP 05'

MVP 07' Mod

MVP Patch #2

Most recent KG Rosters

in that order nothing else . . .

Posted

Hey guys im having a problem with my mvp. I only have the ultimate rosters v8.61 installed. But whenever i use either the drays or rangers the game always crashes half way through the load. Its getting kind of irritating. If anyone knows how to fix this please help. Thanks

Posted

is it in tampa or texas

could be a stadium issue if thats the case

Posted

i tried playing in both and it still crashed

Posted

what kinda specs do you have for your computer? and which version of ultimate rosters do you have? standard or plus?

Posted

does it crash when you only the home team for those teams or when your away also

Posted

Im using the standard version of the rosters. It crashes when im away and home.

Posted

Game crahes back to desktop when I'm about to take the field I updated all the rosters, stadiums etc... still does it any tips?

Posted

if your using standard dont dl any model.big updates

Posted

i have a model.big file but i dont know how it got there. is it a original file?

Posted

i have a model.big file but i dont know how it got there. is it a original file?

That file contains the cyberfaces for almost every player in the game, uniforms and fonts as well. It's essential to actually playing the game.

Posted

o ok well. what else could be wrong?

Posted

Here is my problem, regardless what team and which stadium I am playing. Whenever I try to play a second game, the game will load, and when it just about to start, it crash back to the desktop. I can play one full game fine, it is the game I am trying to play after that is having this problem

Posted

is it a legit copy or crack

Posted

It is a legit copy. I start having this problem when I got a new laptop and got rid of the desktop. But my graphic is better with my laptop though....

Posted

yeah my copy is legit to.

Posted

It is a legit copy. I start having this problem when I got a new laptop and got rid of the desktop. But my graphic is better with my laptop though....

Overheating possibly?

Posted

anybody with problem #3 using VISTA ..... files and game react differently than in XP depending on what your doing... u think replaceing all files in uniforms.big might work???
i just realized the reason for the black boxes is because there is no screen for that jersey in the .fsh file

Posted

Here is my problem, regardless what team and which stadium I am playing. Whenever I try to play a second game, the game will load, and when it just about to start, it crash back to the desktop. I can play one full game fine, it is the game I am trying to play after that is having this problem

Do you use a No CD?

Posted

wonder if this helps...

found Kraw's living large file for mvp2007. ran TIT to install to default location. kept getting mvp2005 has encountered a problem no matter what i did. moved it to c:mvp2007 (the entire folder) and it worked like a charm. not sure WHY this worked but it did. i made sure to completely uninstall my old mvp install (which was in the mvp2007 folder) and deleted the entire folder prior to running TIT

Posted

Hey im having a problem with MVP crashing ever since i got the UR 8.6.1 rosters...I had kg before with no problems and now it crashes to desktop with any team i try to load a game with...i tried using all of the Big schoomz models .big and it did nothing to help...and i also checked to see if it was the stadiums or unis and reverted to old ones... and it isnt that...so its def the rosters....anyone have a remedy for this...kus i wanna get back to my dynasty soon ...thanx

Posted

Mine never crashes but sometimes it always scrolls down and i cant conttrol it or i scrolls up! :starwars:

Posted

It crashes when I play at Fenway.

Posted

My game crashes when I play at Fenway.

Posted

A) Dont double post.

B) you have two options

1)DL The Big O's light version of fenway.

2)go to eamods and dl the stadium update pack

Posted

What about my Problem.....like i said its not a stadium issue=P

Posted

After exporting rosters to my game it crashes on start up. The logo screen appears and then it crashes. How do I fix this?

Posted

Alright, here's a crashing question for ya:

So I'm getting crashes with Julio Lugo and Willy Taveras. Games crash before they come to bat and the game crashes when I try to edit them in the roster management area. Using my powers of deduction, I'm assuming this is a cyberface issue. However, I've checked and re-checked both of these faces and they appear just fine. I even extracted them from the 07 models.big, so I don't understand why they would be malfunctioning. Also, if other people were having problems with Lugo, you know there'd be a thousand threads from Boston fans complaining about this, so I'm guessing this is a problem on my end.

So this has stumped me... anybody here care to take a shot?

EDIT -- so I've just been going through and seeing who else is crashing my game and there are a few other names -- Coco Crisp and Yorit Torrealba. I'm sure there are more, but I'm done investigating because it's a lot of work to keep starting the game up every time.

I tried changing Lugo's face back to a default face and it solved his crashing issue, so I'm guessing this is 100% a cyberface issue. Again, however, my faces all appear to be fine and a lot come straight from the 07 models.big. My rosters are perfect and I installed the faces using both TiT and Installer Thingy -- good luck solving this one.

Posted

my problem is in my dynastie, i am always the yankees. So the season opener is vs the D-Rays. It always crashes. It always crashes when i play the D-Rays

Posted

here is a hint... reread the sentence, then go back and clean it up. your problem is spelling and run ons up the ***.

is it in TB because it could be stadium

it could be cyber

it could be jersey

it could be a ton of things

Posted

mine works 100% perfectly when I play in dynasty mode. However it just keep crashing whenever I try to simulate in owner mode. I think the problem with mine is that this isn't a legitimate copy, downloaded from torrent, and that's why it got some flaws that may affect the game.

Posted

and now you will be banned because we dont talk about illegal copies

Posted

and now you will be banned because we dont talk about illegal copies

No, he'll get one warning about this but even that is generous because this guy is obviously an idiot.

mine works 100% perfectly when I play in dynasty mode. However it just keep crashing whenever I try to simulate in owner mode. I think the problem with mine is that this isn't a legitimate copy, downloaded from torrent, and that's why it got some flaws that may affect the game.

So you actually want help after you admit that you downloaded this game illegally? Forget it. Go play Madden or something else.

Posted

here is a hint... reread the sentence, then go back and clean it up. your problem is spelling and run ons up the ****.

is it in TB because it could be stadium

it could be cyber

it could be jersey

it could be a ton of things

Hilarious....ever read anything you have ever posted?

Posted

Alright, here's a crashing question for ya:

So I'm getting crashes with Julio Lugo and Willy Taveras. Games crash before they come to bat and the game crashes when I try to edit them in the roster management area. Using my powers of deduction, I'm assuming this is a cyberface issue. However, I've checked and re-checked both of these faces and they appear just fine. I even extracted them from the 07 models.big, so I don't understand why they would be malfunctioning. Also, if other people were having problems with Lugo, you know there'd be a thousand threads from Boston fans complaining about this, so I'm guessing this is a problem on my end.

So this has stumped me... anybody here care to take a shot?

EDIT -- so I've just been going through and seeing who else is crashing my game and there are a few other names -- Coco Crisp and Yorit Torrealba. I'm sure there are more, but I'm done investigating because it's a lot of work to keep starting the game up every time.

I tried changing Lugo's face back to a default face and it solved his crashing issue, so I'm guessing this is 100% a cyberface issue. Again, however, my faces all appear to be fine and a lot come straight from the 07 models.big. My rosters are perfect and I installed the faces using both TiT and Installer Thingy -- good luck solving this one.

Have you made sure that all those faces have the necessary attachments (metal bin and name) included? Sometimes that's a reason for random crashing.

Posted

My owner mode stadium crashes when I try to play a game in owner mode.

Posted

Is there any reason for this? I've tried just about everything, and it still crashes.

Posted

when you see these, take note of who they are. it could be a roster issue or the face itself. let us know when you see them so we can take a closer look.

Russell Martin catcher for the Dodgers is one.

Posted

Ok, the owner mode stadium doesn't crash with any specific team or uniform in exbition games, but when I try it in Owner mode, it crashes. Do you think this has something to do with the schedule?