Pirate Parks: A look into the future.

Pirate

All that is for that crazy guy that understands collision data.

Here is a question. Oedit deals in inches correct? Where is zero and how would I determine say 350 down the line in right per-se? I need to look at that when I get home. I will be able to add the circle of dirt around the mound rather easily.

I think I will get into some structural changes tonight.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh cool, I was wondering about the dirt circle, since I wasn't sure if that should be an mfield or an mstadium area.

350' down the line in right would be x = 0, z = 4200. For dimensioning crap, it just helps to use the pythagorean formula to figure out absolute distances from home.

If you haven't seen it, go to http://www.ballparktour.com/New_Cards_Ballpark.html for info about the park and a rough version of the ground plan with dimensions. That should help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

I haven't been working on this lately. I have family here for the holidays and I hope to get some work done on Saturday. I am rebuilding a wall and I need to get the crowd right in left field. I hope to send this off to Sean by January. I got some pics of the buildings beyond centerfield.

• 1 month later...

As you have seen Busch Stadium is coming along. So much work is left to be done, and I hope to do some of that tomorrow. I plan to update Chase Field with some new ads and will release a new Comerica without the All Star motif and update PNC to have the decorations as fit. So in order of importance to me here is my MVP work schedule:

1. Busch Stadium

2. Chase Field

3. Comerica Park

4. PNC Park

5. Ameriquest Field

6. Angels Stadium

Pirate,

Any chance of you completing TribesTime's version of "The Tropicana"? TribeTime did great work on the majority of The Trop but its lacking all the bunting on the walls, in the field & the stands. Seeing that you are the master of all great stadium replication, I'm sure you can make this happen. I think I remember TribeTime offering you his artwork because he was getting worn out with trying to repilcate "The Trop". Hope you can find the time to work on "The Trop"!!!!!!

Krock2

As you have seen Busch Stadium is coming along. So much work is left to be done, and I hope to do some of that tomorrow. I plan to update Chase Field with some new ads and will release a new Comerica without the All Star motif and update PNC to have the decorations as fit. So in order of importance to me here is my MVP work schedule:

1. Busch Stadium

2. Chase Field

3. Comerica Park

4. PNC Park

5. Ameriquest Field

6. Angels Stadium

Sounds cool! I am looking forward to all of these stadiums.

Hey Pirate,

I had some free time so I tried to find some pictures of the St. Louis downtown:

stlouis2.jpg

stlouis1.jpg

I also included a drawing I found on the Cardinal's site that showed the old Busch in relation to the new busch:

comparison.jpg

I though you could use the diagram to predict would buildings might appear beyond CF

The changes to wrigley probably aren't that important right now because the main changes that will be visible while playing a game are that bleacher seats (they're being extended outward towards the street about 5 rows) and the batters eye will now have a strip of green glass in it so fans can see into the field from inside the consessions area. I think it will be better to wait for the start of the season to determine exactly what wrigley will look like after the changes.

I was wondering if you had plans to fix up Petco Park? After all, it is the stadium for the World Baseball Classic Finals (I also just want it fixed up because I'm a Padres fan :p).

Here's what they plan on doing to the "Death Valley" section:

petco9wx.jpg

roam430.gif

Also, they added in those batter's eye extensions (seen in the first picture)--I tried adding them in myself a long time ago but it never really turned out well. Also, if you do plan on fixing up Petco Park, I think the batter's eye in your Petco Park mod has a "Fuji" logo on it, and it would be best if you took that out.

That's good to hear. I'll keep an eye on things around here with the media and whatnot and keep you informed.

You can also take a look through a live webcam here: http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp...4&imagemap.h=94

I went through and dug up my old post at an attempt to re-do the batter's eye and here's what I did:

16vz1.jpg

28dk1.jpg

As you can see, I tried doing it cheaply (hence the flat 2-D version) since I had really no clue with Oedit and I never could figure out how to do it... My cheap-o solution would've been enough to satisfy me from the batter's point-of-view but I never could get rid of the edges of the batter's eye.

Also, it would be nice if you could add in the retired numbers above the batter's eye.

Good luck with it.

2 years ago, Kauffman stadium moved its centerfield walls back. On mvp, all that was changed were the feet signs (400 changed to 410), while the walls were never moved back. Here is an example:

Old:kauffman1.jpg

See how the wall juts out? and see the concret behind it? The wall now follows that all the way around.

Here is a picture of the new: it is hard to see, but the wall does not jut out:

Kauffman20Stadium203.jpg

Here is an old seating chart:

kckaufmanseating.jpg

See the outfield wall that juts out.

Here is a new seating chart:

kauffmse.gif

The wall does not jut out.

I do not know if it is possible, but I'd like to see a mod with the centerfield wall the way it is now, with it moved back.

Archived