Pirate Parks: A look into the future.

Pirate

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible, I'm just not going to do it since I'm working on things I enjoy doing far more. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Hopefully as more people learn how to mod wall.dat, we can make some great advances, especially since all of the '05 parks have been updated.

It's possible, I'm just not going to do it since I'm working on things I enjoy doing far more. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Hopefully as more people learn how to mod wall.dat, we can make some great advances, especially since all of the '05 parks have been updated.

They're all done very well but there is always time to go back and achive total perfection :p

They're all done very well but there is always time to go back and achive total perfection :p

Yeah, I mean, the nice thing is as we have more time to update the parks, and computers get faster, we can add so much to our parks. I would love to add the restaurants in left at CBP for example, as well as a proper Ashburn Alley and about a dozen other things. With the new vertices we can now add to parks, this should all be possible, with only time and processing power as the limit.

I am actually doing an update on that here soon, so if you want to wait and use that as your base go ahead. I don't plan on changing much but I wil be adding the flags in and doing some graphics enhancemments.

What does "Juiced" entail?

Juiced entails:

Increasing the size of the shack out beyone the bullpens

Recoloring the bullpens to accurate

Adding the All-Star light box to right field

New 'concession' area graphic for the background image behind lower level

Reworking of press box area to add ring of honor

Signage on the left and right field baseline upperdecks

Closed Caption box under scoreboard

Moving and editing some notable buildings in the outfield

Recoloring bridge

et al...

It sounds like you are basically redoing the stadium, rather than updating mine. It would probably be easier to start with a blank palette using the original stock stadium so you can get the most out of it.

I have some great photos of the downtown buildings on the south shore if you need them.

I had considered doing this but it is way too involved for the time I have.

The thing is, this is a major error. Its not just for good looks like almost all of the parks you guys update. This affects game play, and should be fixed.

I found a few pics of a few things on webshots that could be changed for the Jake. If you want I can PM you the stuff. I would do it myself but I forget how. If not, maybe I can tackle it after I get done with the 06 theme. Then another update can be done this summer after I go to the game and get some real hi res pics with my new digital.

Send them over TT. I can take a look.

Here is an updated list of things I am working on:

1: Busch Stadium

2: Petco Update

3: GABP update with corrected wall heights thatnks to SeanO

After that I am done. I am going to start a dynasty with my Pirates and actually play the game.

Jacobs Field is actually my next to do after PNC, if Pirate doesn't have the time to do it. I've got alot of shots from there too.

I'm kinda just messing around with some of the graphics for PNC right now. EA for some reason made the stadium as grey as they possibly could, which doesn't reflect the yellow sandstone and warmth the ballpark has at night.

After this post, I'll stop crapping on your thread Pirate. :lol:

I don't blame you on that, Pirate. I'm plenty happy to have Kauffman as accurate as it is right now.

On that note, I do have a couple questions. I'm planning on going Opening Day, hopefully with a good digicam. Do I still have your ok to update any ads?

Also, I know you were thinking about looking into the removable.o issue (swapping the names of the files, etc.)...if I were to do that with Kauffman, would it still point to the cram file that you updated, and if so, would it be ok if I were to add a couple things that you weren't able to the first time around due to vertice limitations?

Sorry! But I need to update this. I do not wish for my stadiums to be edited and released without asking first and then providing me screenshots or the community screenshots so that they or I can decide if it is a benefit to the community. With the recent release of Coorsday with my name on it and it's outcome lacking any improvement whatsoever I must go through with this. I apologize foir the inconvienience. Rant and flame me all you want but I am very disappointed in this outcome.

What a concept Pirate...Actually get to play the game :wink: My wife walked in on me last nite when I was playing a game at the updated Tropicana Field and did a double take..thinking it was real at 1st. She said it looked exactly kile the real park.

Hardcore....again I have hi-res shots taken last August of PNC(both day and evening,as well as the Jake..(along with Comerica,Toronto,and GABP)if they can be of any help to you or anyone. Just PM me with an email address,and I'll send them along.

Hey Pirate quick question. At shea stadium, there is a seperation between the left field wall and the bleachers. It's not that big of a deal, and you probably don't want to bother with it, but if your going to do a quick runover of Shea, it would be nice if you could pusch the bleachers back a little.

Pushing the Bleachers back is a pretty major task, in my experience. This might be one of the things where you have to bite your tongue.

Since Pirate does both graphics and oedit, I can't imagine he's anywhere near as interested in the ridiculous oedit work that hyman or myself tend to do. If I had to do graphics, I can't imagine I'd spend nearly the time I do on my parks.

Pushing the Bleachers back is a pretty major task, in my experience. This might be one of the things where you have to bite your tongue.

Since Pirate does both graphics and oedit, I can't imagine he's anywhere near as interested in the ridiculous oedit work that hyman or myself tend to do. If I had to do graphics, I can't imagine I'd spend nearly the time I do on my parks.

We should just have graphic workers and OEdit workers for stadiums and then team up. Lots less stress.

Archived