Pirate Parks: A look into the future.

Pirate

Has anybody thought about opening up a PayPal account and burning all of the updates onto a CD and shipping it out to people who will pay for the shipping and CD costs?

Nope. Any money exchanged for mods is a serious no-no, even if it's just shipping. You're gonna have to download 'em all here.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busch III - Looks like they're going with Budweiser script above the home scoreboard. They started putting it up yesterday. As for getting hi-res pics of the stadium when it's closer to completion, I've got tickets for the second home game on the 12th. Working with my boss to get some fof our season tickets to the Springfield-Memphis exhibition game on the 4th. They go on sale to the public on the 25th, so I'll be trying then, also. Pirate, any preferences on resolution/size of sign pics?

20060208A003P.JPG

Also, any chance of modding up Hammons Field (STL's AA Springfield (MO) Cardinals)? Not that it means anything, but baseballparks.com named it "ballpark of the year" last year (might be one guy's opinion). This isn't really a request, but more of a recommendation...though it might be tough to find pictures.

bpoty05.jpg

bhutsell - great find I was wondering what was going up there. I had heard it was going to say Busch Stadium, but that might be on the out of town scoreboard. What I would love from that opening game are some straight on shots of both scoreboards, out of town and main scoreboard. Some general pictures of the ads on the fences and any really unique features of the park. Anything you can get of the city behind the stadium would be great, that skyline is going to be beautiful. I think I have pieced it together pretty well, but the more shots the better. When I say high res, the bigger the better. In focus of course. If you can get the score board and the little building it sits on in seperate photos of at least 1024x1024 that would be great. I appreciate it the help. The photos make the stadium and save me a lot of time.

As for Hammons it's pretty neat, might be an easy one to try.

Any update on Keyspan Park?

Pretty much dead in the water. I want to get some work on Busch done, but Keyspan and it's Cyclone update just didn't generate the interest needed to support such a project. It's not completely dead, but it's on life support.

Hey Pirate,

I will surely attend a few games at Keyspan park this summer- Would be glad to take my camera along and take snapshots all around the field. I would love to see Keyspan (home of the Cyclones) added- PLease let me know if you would re-consider moving forward with this project!

Thanks for all your great work!!!!

If its any help to any of the stadium modders,I have some hi res picks taken on my baseball excursion to Cincy,Pittsburgh,Cleveland,Detroit,and Toronto last August. I know perhaps signs may change,etc. but if they can be of any help,I would be more than happy to email them along.

I live in Fla. I'm originally from Youngstown,not that far from Kent.

My wife and I take a baseball trip every other year with Sports Travel Inc. They do a wonderful job,as this was our 4th trip.We have been to the Jake and Commerica before,but was our 1st time to Cincy,Toronto,and Pittsburgh. our goal is to visit every ballpark. Of course,San Diego and St Louis have built new ballparks since our previous visit,giving me an excuse to go back :wink:

We have seen more than half the ballparks,and I will tell you that PNC ranks right up there,with Camden,the Jake,SF,and Seattle,as some of the best "new" parks we've been to.

Again if you or any of the other modders would like the pics feel free to shoot me a message,and I will be happy to send them along. You guys do a fantastic job keeping this game fresh :!:

Pirate and others who may be interested,

Thought you might be interested in some pictures of Petco Park I was able to take over this weekend. They held an event called "FriarFest" and I was able to get on the field and maneuver throughout the park and take some nice pictures without a big lens.

Find thumbnails of my pics with hi-res images over at:

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/search.php?q=petco

(searches for my submitted pics)

or if that doesn't work: http://pics.bbzzdd.com and input "petco" in the search menu on the left column.

A few comments:

- I took a nice shot of the batter's eye...I hope it'll come in handy and even moreso if SeanO can get the "extensions" in place. Retired numbers on top of the batter's eye would be nice too.

- I hope some of those pictures might be used for a more accurate skyline/background.

- A few ads have changed/been replaced in RF since your update.

* I can't directly link to images on that site, so here's a very small sample of what I posted:

911549vu.jpg

911561sx.jpg

Snaz - My wife went to YSU for undergrad. Small world. You should be happy to be out of there as both of us are.

Eber, I was going to update petco here real soon, so now I have the photos I needed. Thanks! They are amazing. That is exactly what I needed. I am really looking forward to getting this one out.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post that I'm not actually going to mod any of the current-day parks aside for new Busch, because it simply isn't enjoyable for me. Sorry for getting peoples' hopes up, but hacking through numbers just isn't too much fun.

Guess i'll stick to the classic parks, since that's where it's always been entertaining. Look for Baker Bowl down the line.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post that I'm not actually going to mod any of the current-day parks aside for new Busch, because it simply isn't enjoyable for me. Sorry for getting peoples' hopes up, but hacking through numbers just isn't too much fun.

Guess i'll stick to the classic parks, since that's where it's always been entertaining. Look for Baker Bowl down the line.

How bout a classic Shea mod for 1986 for the anniversary? That shouldn't be too hard.

Pirate....i don't know if this is old news, but your version of Reds' stadium in the MVP2006 overall mod brings up this big green triangle in the background (looks like a simple 2D grass diamond). It's very noticeable in the aeriel fielding camera. It shows up sometimes interfering with the running linescore in-game. Pretty work though.

Archived