The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

I don't want to fight with you man. It is perfectly legal to rip songs just for your own use. However, it is illegal for you to rip songs from your CD and distribute them to thousands of people.

_______

BTW, if patch 4 works for rosters, do you guys think patch 4 is best? I am leaning towards patch 3, because patch 4 does not offer anything new and I fear it might interfere with some mods.

I agree 100% with you. Think of it this way: ripping songs, putting them in a game, and then releasing them to a whole community of people is basically the same thing as ripping cd's and giving them to people over the internet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, please be understanding, but if this is not resolved I'm out:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=197601.html#197601

The only other option I've yet to try is to do 2003's generics in 2x. And I won't get started on that this weekend trying (I don't believe).

sdoyle7798 is helping me with my pine tar mod and it is looking beautiful if you guys want us to hold our release back I can see if sdoyle7798 is cool with it and then we'd only give it to MVP 2006 to be released at that time (while I enjoy it and sdoyle7798 too all to ourselves in the meanwhile!).

If the modders stick with patch 3, then MVP 06 should be... patch 3. Do we all agree?

UncleMo, sorry I can't help you with your face mod. Can you reminds everyone what you are having trouble with?

Oh and did I forget to mention that most likely all the stadium updates and uniform updates will not fit on two discs, if we're talkin 2X for everything.

Remember, 1X was how the game was produced first :)

-KC

The file is going to be downloadable, obviously it won't come with 30 stadiums or things like that. It will just be an update to 05, basically with the new stadiums, schedule, rosters, and the D-Train theme.

A new soundtrack is possible if someone assembled a collection of Indie songs. Anyone who is willing to add some to MVP 06 should just say so publically, then Sean O will add it to the list.

Seems like we can't agree upon whether to use patch 3 or 4, which one will be best guys. I personally don't know.

It would be better just to not have a soundtrack. Face it, everyone will change it, just like they did with EA's original... it just isn't worth it. As for the patch, I say #3 because I read in this forums that it messes things up. So better be safe than sorry.

Now, I want to respectfully settle the questions that people have for my roster because some questions have arisen concerning UR and Total Minors.

First, the goal of my rosters is for them to be like a "new" set of rosters. Like the rosters that come with a new MVP Baseball game, just without the mistakes and with more up to date transactions. The rosters that come with MVP are focused on the Major Leagues, so are mine. My goal is to create as accurate as a Major League roster as possible. Correct ages (editted birthdates to coincide with MVP 2004, and 2005), batting stances, equipment, wristbands, bat, glove, new attributes (contact, power, hot & cold), correct pitches and movements, wind-ups, etc. The rosters will be as accurate as mlb.com's photos, videoes, and my personal MLB watching experience can provide. Yes, hours and hours of watching video is going into this. I am trying to get things as accurate as poissible.

Second, while many would want minor leaguers in their game to play as their favorite prospects, minor leaguers can put the accuracy of the Major League rosters in Jeopardy. Star-power (potential) can overrate minor leaguers to the point of supplanting Major League Players on a roster. Also, attributes can easily be overrated for certain prospects as people tend to overrate many who have not had their cup of coffee yet. Also, if the good prospects are never given good potential so as to prevent such ploayers from interfering in major league games, they would be no fun to play with at the minor league level because they would never progress.

Third, if one thinks it is difficult to evaluate major league players, it is even more difficult to evaluate minor league players. No scout, GM, or roster-maker can properly predict what will come of a minor league player. Simply, I feel it is difficult to properly rate minor league players if I deemed it possible to add a minors into the game that did not hurt the accuracy of major league teams.

Fourth, if people want to have a Total Minors roster, a Total Minors roster exists. People have the option of using Ultimate Rosters. There are some things Ultimate Rosters has that mine does not, and there are some things my roster will have that U.R. does not. If anyone would ever want to make adjustments (such as total minors or anything) to the finished product in the future, they are welcome to.

Fifth, I only have so much hours in a day. It would be very time consuming for me to add real minor-leaguers to the base roster I am already working with. If someone else could do it, it would be a different story. But I do not know how good of a job someone can do and the very fact that if attributes are not made correctly the players will supplant Major League players. Plus, it is very difficult to keep up with the many Minor League transactions we do not hear about. It would not help make a more accurate product.

Lastly, when it is done, people can use my work as they please. I would be happy if any modder out there could find a way to make my roster better or attempt to prove me wrong and implement an accurate total minors system. I am open to that. I also wonder if anyone could help me gain more information on players that do not have much pictures or any video available for them. Thank you all for your offers, I appreciate them. I am trying to make the best Major League roster and make a great MVP 06, because that is what is important.

You make some good points, and they are all well noted by myself, but I still think that this mod really need real minor league players. The fake ones that EA put in are a joke. I mean, so what if a few on the minor leaguers become better than some major leaguers... doesn't that happen in real life?

Er, no he was just suggesting that since ultimate rosters have all teams A-MLB with 20-25 real players on each team plus 240+ free agents, that might be the way to go if you wanted to 'unite' your CAPs with an actual roster, share player attributes, whatever...

btw, the Ultimate Roster Gods will happily take any sacrifices be they a live sheep, your first born child or a CAP project.

I mean, so what if a few on the minor leaguers become better than some major leaguers... doesn't that happen in real life?

That's true, that's why minor leaguers on the cusp of making the majors are included in my roster. Guys like Eric Duncan and Phil Hughes, who are well known but not ready, shouldn't be included. Of course, there are always phenoms that come out of nowhere, but there is really no way to predict that. (Sometimes the 'hype' works, usually we're all taken by surprise.)

UR does not have the 'correct ages' (editting birthdate), so they will not progress properly for the 2006 season. Aside from playing minor league games alone, there is no additional value to the minor leaguers unless they start to interfere with major league games. Which is why I include minor leaguers on the 40 man roster, not those in the low minors.

Archived