The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hi-res pictures from Sportsline aren't available in the off-season. If you guys had chosen an Astro to be the cover guy, I could've obliged with a ton of pictures but noooooo.

Just kidding. Surely there's some Marlins fan out there who stol--I mean, got as many pictures from Sportsline as I did.

--Eric

Where have you been diddy?

Things just got all busy for me last summer, so I took a long break. When I came back my bro and I added a forum to our website, www.fanfaregames.com/forum

We do CAPs for MVP, Madden, and NBA Live. The site has been going good, we have a decent little community there.

I was at that site. I don't understand the importance of CAP but I am intrigued by your enthusiasm for it.

To me CAPs are important because they are as accurate as they can get for each player. When you make a roster update you can give players generic ratings, but that's an unrealistic represantation of the player. To make a full CAP that requires player specific research the results can be almost life like.

SS, give me about 2-3 dedicated individuals and I'll give you an entire set of generic faces AND portraits.

Qualifications must be: one needs to know how to use fraps for print screens.

one or two (two is extremely most desirable) need to know how to make alpha images for portraits.

We can still do that method I PM'd you about.

The more changes we make, the better. We are trying to make MVP 2005 'feel' as much like a new game as possible.

There is a plan B for the generic face, someone mad a bunch of nice looking ones available in the downloads sections. When I get some time tonight I'll show you guys the link. Maybe if we all agree that MVP 06 would come with those faces I can make generic faces in my roster correspond to that set of generics rather than the 2004 versions.

CAPs can be overrated though, people who usually make them can overrate their attributes.

True. And they can be underrated, or just right. It depends on who is making them.

But you are right in that people tend to overrate the players they create... we try to stay away from that at FFG.

Archived