The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's that supposed to mean?

That's supposed to mean that I don't want MVPMods being sued for copyright infringement on several levels. It is one thing to keep an EA logo in an EA game or have Bud Light ADVERTISEMENTS in modded stadiums, but it is another to overtly break the law when the legality of this operation is questionable. The Music Industry actually gets pissy when people steal music.

Just so you know where i get my songs is not illegal, it's the www.altavista.com mp3/audio search, a perfectly legal site.

That search, akin to the one on www.alltheweb.com is for finding music that is not copyrighted, but people decide to break the law often enough where you can find mainstream music. Often, sites you get on a search are shut down for breaking the law. Napster, Imusic, and Yahoo! Music would not exist if one can just legally download copyrighted music.

I don't want something as trivial ten songs, which will split the community over its opposing tastes, to put the MVP 06 project in jeopardy. People should not try to impose their individual music tastes on the entire community, because they can easily make their own soundtrack with the legal/illegal music they have. If we used indie rock, we would have no legal problems. People can still use their own music if they don't like them.

Ultimately, music is not all that important in the grand scheme of things for all the preceding reasons. We could get by with no music, but we might not be able to get by at all if mass distribute illegally copied music.

We're going to have a big installation right? Because it would take a lot of time to mod it from 05 to 06 by ourselves. Just one huge install file would be nice.

I really hope that Switchfoot song I nominated gets in as well! :D

a few installer options

1st, a installer that just basicly comes with the Big files allready compiled and copies them to where they go.

2nd, a installer that comes is the individual files (FSHs, auto DATs, and other misc files) and the installer compiles the big files on the end users computer with the included files.

Total Classics uses the 1st type of installer, and I experiment with TC 2005 phase 2

going with type #1 installer the download was 216,171,540 bytes (215MB) but when using a type #2 installer I go it down to 31,320,433 bytes (30MB)

upside to a type #2 installer is download speed, dialup users would love you, but the download side is it takes longer to install the conversion

downside

If y'all use Patch 4, then the Ultimate Rosters won't work for it and alot of people will be angry. Like me :)...

This is just a myth :D I had no problems using Ultimate Rosters with Patch 4. There is a fix to the MVPedit problem that occurs with Patch 4

The sites the search finds are illegal though.

You can find A LOT of illegal things on perfectly legal search engines.

----

About an installer, bigger file the better. This site is more oriented towards broadband anyway.

it is just a waste of bandwidth

but have fun with it

see my next post

What's with all the stolen music. :( (Likely I'll just use my own collection of songs anyway.)

Anyway, so what patch is MVP 2005 going to be for? EA Patch 3 or 4?

is this a joint effort or just a dictatorship with you using other peoples work to promote your own agenda.

As far as I can tell Sean O started this thread and you are just making a roster.

I do not know why Sean O decided not to use totte's roster, he has overhualed every single player including the minors

did I miss the message making you king.

as for the patch, you have no choice you can not make if for patch #3 unless MVPedit is updated or you write your own roster editing program

rossmac7 has offered to do the installer, which will work out great for all. Because I want to step away from this project before heads get to big to fit through a door.

is this a joint effort or just a dictatorship with you using other peoples work to promote your own agenda.

As far as I can tell Sean O started this thread and you are just making a roster.

I do not know why Sean O decided not to use totte's roster, he has overhualed every single player including the minors

did I miss the message making you king.

as for the patch, you have no choice you can not make if for patch #3 unless MVPedit is updated or you write your own roster editing program

rossmac7 has offered to do the installer, which will work out great for all. Because I want to step away from this project before heads get to big to fit through a door.

I didn't know when I became dictator/king or anything, but I guess it will be a Patch #3. It's is a cooperative effort so I am simply planning things and making decisions, if a majority of the modders disagree with the plan then they can change it. I don't know why you are picking an argument for the sake of picking one. Sean O and I basically agreed upon that we were planning things out to begin with.

I did not imply that I am choosing the soundtrack. I am having no part of that. I have been working since the whole 2006 idea has been brought up and I am not doing anything to take it over anymore than you are. I gave an opinion on music, so what? I ask for a consensus on the patch (which if we choose 4, no custom rosters can be used as you said). Lastly, I denounce ideas about selling mvp 06 when it should be free. None of these things are my decisions, they are my opinions.

Lastly, do not judge my roster to be bad before it is complete. It is a very fine product in the making and if when it is out, if it is deficient, then by all means do not endorse it.

why does everyone say they can not use custom rosters with Patch 4? I have applied patch 4 in the past (before I reinstalled to get a fresh copy to work on MVP 06) and I was able to install Ultimate Rosters. You can not use the attributes from EA after patch 4 but if you import your own attributes (i.e. export them to a directory of your choice before installing patch 4) you can import these attributes into the game after patch 4 is installed and then there are no roster problems. Someone has uploaded a fix for the Patch 4 problem here

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2651.html

I used MVPedit I dont know if it is different doing it without MVPedit

Umm, how is it illegal when it is MY OWN MUSIC? I bought it at Best buy for fifteen dollars. Then, I used windows media player to take the songs from the cd onto my music library. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, by windows, so it is not illegal, their product. So, I have the songs in my library. And I will use the importer to put them in the game. What part of that is illegal?

Umm, how is it illegal when it is MY OWN MUSIC? I bought it at Best buy for fifteen dollars. Then, I used windows media player to take the songs from the cd onto my music library. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, by windows, so it is not illegal, their product. So, I have the songs in my library. And I will use the importer to put them in the game. What part of that is illegal?

I don't want to fight with you man. It is perfectly legal to rip songs just for your own use. However, it is illegal for you to rip songs from your CD and distribute them to thousands of people.

_______

BTW, if patch 4 works for rosters, do you guys think patch 4 is best? I am leaning towards patch 3, because patch 4 does not offer anything new and I fear it might interfere with some mods.

Archived