Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean O

The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

- Still, I wonder if anyone else is doing a 2006 roster. It is better to colloborate than to have many inferior rosters come out. (Like last year's off-season rosters which did not pay close attention to 'minor' transactions.) I bet most people here forget that I actually made a mod! (And awful cyberfaces for MVP 2004) Especially due to the fact I mostly post at the MLB forum which has been DEAD lately. It's the off-season guys, we have to be all excited about the made up rumors!

I would make a new thread about this and if it gets a lot of traffic, I'll sticky it for you because the rosters for 2006 are a very important part of next year's game, without a doubt.

The winter meetings next month and the free agent signings will keep you busy.

Suggestion taken!

Anyway, who is going to be the "Cover Player" for our 2006 game? Who will we want to put on our start screens, loading screens, and whatnot? As a joke I made myself a bunch of Soriano related ones already, but for everyone else out there who doesn't give a rat's *** about Soriano, who should we use?

Mark Buehrle?

Vlad Guerrero?

Lance Berkman?

Dontrelle Willis?

Anyone that all of us can agree on and put on our 'cover'?

Just for shits and giggles, here are all the previous cover-players for MVP:

2003: Miguel Tejada and Randy Johnson

2004: Albert Pujols

2005: Manny Ramirez

I don't remember the Triple Play series, so I have no idea who was on those boxes.

SS-

That's a really good point, actually. I'd love to update all the in-game backgrounds to give it a new feel.

I think it should be someone in the NL because last year it was Manny, and preferably a pitcher. What about Clemens, since this may have been his last year and he was easily the best pitcher in the league?

If not Clemens, I vote for D. Lee or Andruw Jones, though I'd prefer Lee by a longshot.

Suggestion taken!

Anyway, who is going to be the "Cover Player" for our 2006 game?

Well, I'd do one to honor the 2005 Champion White Sox. Winning a World Series for the first time since 1917 should get some merit for our 2006 Cover.

I like Sean O's idea of a total '2006 theme' to give the game a "new" feel. Roger Clemens is also a good idea for a cover-player as Sean O mentoined. Clemens has never been on a game cover since... "Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball" (no relation) back in the early 90s. I'm not a Clemens guy but that's a good idea. A Clemens theme can also include many pictures of the 'old and new'. Clemens with the Sox, Clemens with the Jays, Clemens with the Yanks... It can be pretty all encompassing. Lets see some more 'nominations' then possible we can have a vote!

I like Sean O's idea of a total '2006 theme' to give the game a "new" feel. Roger Clemens is also a good idea for a cover-player as Sean O mentoined. Clemens has never been on a game cover since... "Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball" (no relation) back in the early 90s. I'm not a Clemens guy but that's a good idea. A Clemens theme can also include many pictures of the 'old and new'. Clemens with the Sox, Clemens with the Jays, Clemens with the Yanks... It can be pretty all encompassing. Lets see some more 'nominations' then possible we can have a vote!

Can't argue with that logic.

How about Alex Rodriguez? You can find plenty pictures of him as a Mariner, a Ranger and a Yankee.

I don't think someone like Barry Bonds would go over well and I'd never vote for that guy anyway.

So would this vote consist of players who have had some considerable time in the Major Leagues?

I don't remember the Triple Play series, so I have no idea who was on those boxes.

A trip down memory lane. As for the MVP 06 cover, i think it should be a pitcher- Dontrelle Willis.

214817.jpg

175416.jpg

b000038ia5.jpg

146948.jpg

1615.jpg

And yes, thats Brian Jordon on Triple Play 98!

Cover player - i'm happy as long as it's no-one from Boston or New York

I vote for Derrek Lee - not that I'm biased or anything

If Clemens will retire this off-season, why would you want to put him as the cover-player? He will not even be in the game as a MLB active player.

If Clemens will retire this off-season, why would you want to put him as the cover-player? He will not even be in the game as a MLB active player.

yea, we need some new blood. Manny's closeup for 05 was bad enough to bare too.

If Clemens pitches another year, him being the 'cover guy' will be a great tribute to a great career. He may have 350 wins when it is all said and done. That's amazing.

Derek Lee is a great choice as well, same with Alex Rodriguez. Too many good players... We gotta come up with one!

Yo, I can have all of those mvp 2004 faces and portraits to be imported into the game as an entire replacement package. By march, it will have been 2 years since they've been used.

Also, amrayne gave me some amazing ideas for Create A Player Options that will blow your mind.

I think the final decision should be down to this, personally:

1). Dontrelle Willis. NL pitcher, future of the game, and someone the site regulars here appreciate but who would have no chance of getting on the box in real life.

2). The Chicago White Sox. I'd be happy to see Buerhle, Garland, Conteras, El Duque, and Garcia on the cover, since they did so much to bring them the championship. Or, a celebration shot of their championship.

3). Roger Clemens. Even if he doesn't return, he's been the best pitcher consistantly for the past 20 years, and he ended with his second best season in 2005.

Or, if those three don't appeal to anyone, we could always do something mirroring the WBC, so have a DR, PR, japanese, US and canadian representative on the cover. I really don't care who it is on the cover as long as it's not Alex Rodriguez, since I really don't want that. I think it shouldn't be anyone from Boston or NY, or the Cardinals. That's my only request.

Um, there isn't even going to be a cover unless you guys are discussing the CTS screen?