The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

Like I said before, about the new songs: I'm not sure using songs for batter ditty tracks or for menu music will be legal, because I know that EA has to get permission from the artists to do that. I think that if EA has to, we have to. Again, I am waiting for Trues' opinion on this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fried: I offered a solution for this before the great board wipe of 2005. There are plenty of good bands on the Internet with professionally recorded songs that would probably let us use their music for all of the above if we explained what we were going to use it for. I volunteered to scout around to find some.

What sort of music are you guys interested in?

--Eric

I just updated the first post of this thread with the currently volunteered positions. If you've expressed interest in something else, just post and I'll update the first thread again.

BBHD-

You seem to be good with graphics, do you have any interest in doing some of the in-game screens, like CTS etc.? That would certainly help.

I'll do anything you want me to do. Like I said, I'm a lot better at the graphics part than the programming. Once you tell me who the cover man is, I'll probably be able to find a lot of pics. I've also been working on my version of the PC cover. I can get any music you could ever want also, so just let me know the songs for the soundtrack etc. and I'll get them. I also wouldn't mind doing the cover boy/game promos as well.

-BBHD

OOOH my fist MVPmod trashing!

Im so excited, okay, so what do we do?

Do i say something mean back or do you insult my intellegence?

Oooh so excited about this i dont know what to do!

But yeah i never get a clear response to my question, all i'm asking is how much would it cost to get such a thing done.

Thats all i'm asking, and that has never been aswered.

But if you want to bash me go ahead, i have never had the privilaged of being trashed. I would be so honored!!

OOOOh i can't wait!

I checked your post list. 9 out of 29 posts are pretty much the exact same posting. That's about 1/3 of your total output here devoted to redundance.

Insult your intelligence? Sigh. If I must.

You said:

But yeah i never get a clear response to my question, all i'm asking is how much would it cost to get such a thing done.

Here's a quick roundup of responses to the 1/3 sum total of your postings here on this subject.

Why don't you have a shot at decoding and re-encoding the checksum? RGlass worked on this for a while and even he was stumped. As far as I remember, he figured out the decoding, but the encoding would always crash when loaded.

I DID read it (it still hurts, but oh well) so I'll translate: he's basically asking Rglass to add the ability to mod portraits for players on rosters once a dynasty is started.

Then he goes on for a while why this feature would be so awesome.

what he doesn't get is:

1. this is a limitation of the game itself, not of mvpedit. It was EA's responsibility to allow us to edit player's appearances/faces once a season is started.

2. this has been asked countless times before, since mvp2004 first came out and people started making portraits.

No. That's not the point of mvpsavreader anyway.

.SAV file editing, basicly a complete rewrite of the program, plus he would have to research where everything is located in the sav file

I do not think he has that kind of time, I'm sure if you pay his salary for the next 6 months he might do it

do .SAV files have checksums?

what would be cool if someone created a .sav decompiler, build a roster set from a sav file and vice versa

So there's your answer. In reality? It's not going to happen. If you're going to throw gobs of money at it? Six months worth of RGlass's salary, supposing he's even interested.

Now stop trying to start fights.

--Eric

EDIT: Apologies to everyone else for cluttering up this thread even more than it already was. Franky, if you have anything else to say, PM me. But better yet, don't. I don't like to argue with people over the Internet.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Brewers will unveil a new alternate uniform that will have the old glove and ball logo! Someone has to make this uniform when they come out with pictures of it. Same with the new Nationals' alternate.

pMLB2-1769368dt.jpg

w5DqLm68.jpg

There is a jersey number on the bottom left of the uniform, it seems to be colored navy blue.

I was using sarcasm to difuse any possible argument, i dont like to argue.

I have strict rules that i only argue for money, family, and gorgeous women and nothing more.

But i will hire some programmers in feb to figure out how to modify the game during dynasty mode, and if i do i would love share with this community that has given so much to me!

TO able to modify during dynasty mode is all that is missing from such an awesome game.

Sorry for having a wish that i hope one day will come true!

Archived