The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're just using it as a rallying point since we're trying to make our new version of MVP like a whole new package. Optimally, we change all the graphics, sounds, music, then include all of the modified stadiums (along with some of the classic stadiums that have been created since) and the new uniforms, then release it as one bigass file. This will just be our own marketing system for the eventual release.

By the way, does anyone volunteer to make the MVP 06 graphic once we choose a cover guy? A logo will just make the whole thing feel more real, especially since several of the projects are underway.

I could do a cover guy for each divisoin.

Is there a deadline for this project?

I want the deadline to be Spring Training, once the Season Starts I care about baseball more than a baseball videogame. But, everyone else has to agree upon it. Hopefully MVP 06 will have something on the frontpage of this site. :wtg:

Shouldn't we simply download BIG SHMOOZ's stuff for unis, updated rosters and faces though?

It's your choice, I'm just making my rosters with the updated career stats, attributes, etc. When you play the game, you will 'feel' like it's a new game. Hopefully someone updates the uniforms (few new alternate uniforms) and that I get full permission from Cyberface makers (hopefully Jogar84!) to use their faces for my roster. For the finished product, I would like to include my roster (in .dat or .mbe format) with a models.big and the other appropriate file (don't remember it at the moment) for the sake of simplicity.

---

So, to save myself time later. Are there any cyberface makers willing to give me full permission to use their cyberfaces to be included with MVP 06?

Anyone willing to grant me full permission to use 2X MLB uniforms and equipment?

I don't believe in 'stealing' work, with permission though, it can all be easily included in the final MVP 06 file. Hopefully with an installer. :)

Nice, I wonder where we would use it though...

When we choose our coverplayer (it'll be Willis), at least the following screen will have to be changed:

- Startup Picture

- Loading screen

- Rosters up to date by: screen (Could include the MVPmods' disclaimer)

- CTS (Someone did one, but lets see some other options)

- Any other screen with Manny on it

For Music, I thought I'd lend a helping hand :).

I think we should have a rather extensive playlist so we don't get bored listening to the same few songs. I'd like to offer up some recommendations for the list, feel free to use them or disregard them:

The Doors: "Riders on the Storm" (some may remember this from the NFSU2 remix with Snoop Dogg), "When the Music's Over", "L.A. Woman", "Love Me Two Times", "Break on Through", "Peace Frog".

Led Zeppelin: "Ramble On", "Bring it on Home", "South Bound Suarez", "Dazed and Confused", "Trampled Underfoot", "Misty Mountain Hop", "When the Levee Breaks", "Since I've Been Loving You", "No Quarter", "Communication Breakdown", "The Lemon Song", "Moby Dick".

Beatles: anything and everything

The Who: "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Baba O'Reilly", "Behind Blue Eyes", "My Generation", "Pinball Wizard".

System of a Down: anything and everything

Rage Against the Machine: anything and everything

Sly and Family Stone: anything and everything, most notably "Don't Call Me N*****, Whitey" and "Everyday People".

"Go With the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age

Pink Floyd: All of Dark Side of the Moon, "Another Brick in the Wall", etc.

Pearl Jam: "Black", "Alive", "Yellow Ledbetter"

Jimi Hendrix: My favorite. "Tax Free (Winterland)", any version of Machine Gun, basically anything.

Just some starters. Hell, I'd be happy to take up the playlist responsibility if you all like :)

I made a wallpaper. Maybe this can become the official MVP 06 wallpaper. If I forgot anyone in the staff part of the wallpaper, just p.m. me, and I'll add you. I was working of Sean O's first post.

mvp06wallpaperpreview4ul.th.png

1024x768 version: http://www.deviantart.com/view/25866222/

I like the effect, but I would hold off on images like this for a bit until we get a bit more of the project results in. Like, instead of having RFK, we should have New Busch. Actually, and I'm not sure how people think about this, but what if we really try to forge a completely different look from '05? We've chosen a cover guy (whom I love), but I would love more of a streamlined look to the background graphics, as opposed to just stills of game action. I'm thinking like a Fifa '02 -ish kinda thing, with really nice looking metallic backgrounds with like a third of the screen cut-away so we can see our star.

That way the graphic we use can be much higher quality since we don't have to stretch it across the entire screen, and it really seperates it from 2005.

For Music, I thought I'd lend a helping hand :).

I think we should have a rather extensive playlist so we don't get bored listening to the same few songs. I'd like to offer up some recommendations for the list, feel free to use them or disregard them:

The Doors: "Riders on the Storm" (some may remember this from the NFSU2 remix with Snoop Dogg), "When the Music's Over", "L.A. Woman", "Love Me Two Times", "Break on Through", "Peace Frog".

Led Zeppelin: "Ramble On", "Bring it on Home", "South Bound Suarez", "Dazed and Confused", "Trampled Underfoot", "Misty Mountain Hop", "When the Levee Breaks", "Since I've Been Loving You", "No Quarter", "Communication Breakdown", "The Lemon Song", "Moby [naughty word]".

Beatles: anything and everything

The Who: "Won't Get Fooled Again", "Baba O'Reilly", "Behind Blue Eyes", "My Generation", "Pinball Wizard".

System of a Down: anything and everything

Rage Against the Machine: anything and everything

Sly and Family Stone: anything and everything, most notably "Don't Call Me N*****, Whitey" and "Everyday People".

"Go With the Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age

Pink Floyd: All of Dark Side of the Moon, "Another Brick in the Wall", etc.

Pearl Jam: "Black", "Alive", "Yellow Ledbetter"

Jimi Hendrix: My favorite. "Tax Free (Winterland)", any version of Machine Gun, basically anything.

Just some starters. Hell, I'd be happy to take up the playlist responsibility if you all like :)

copyright problems, otherwise the possibilites would be endless.

Oh okay. Well in that case I'll throw an idea out as well.

I have a CAPs site called fanfaregames.com... we make MVP, NBA Live, and Madden CAPs. We have a unity project there where we are creating every player for each organization (AAA, AA, and A). I was thinking that since we are all going to go through all of that anyways it would be neat if we could join on that part, because you all will do a great job with uniforms, and stadiums, and cyberfaces, and everything else, I'm sure. But we do CAPs, it's our thing, and we do it well. I just thought that it would be a great addition to this project.

Anyways, thats my feed.

Archived