The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone could have continued my list. :p And my mistake that Guerrero was already on a cover... Pretty cool to see a Montreal Expo on any cover.

The best guy would probably be Clemens, if he doesn't pitch again, let it be Buehrle.

Right now, if it came down to it, I would want it to be either Clemens or the White Sox pitching staff. Let's face it, it was the pitching that won their championship, and while Konerko was obviously vital, we don't know what team he'll be on next year, and we don't know whether Clemens will be playing at all next year, let alone for what team.

I'm perfectly happy putting the World Series Champs on the cover: Buerhle, Garcia, Contreras, Hernandez and Garland. They deserve it, since even with the series championship I don't know if they're getting their due.

In my post above, I said I'm accepting nominations until midnight tonight. But, no one has weighed in on whether we should eliminate people who have already been on a cover, or their teams, or whether we should just put the White Sox rotation on it since they're both inoffensive and a good compromise choice.

If we don't agree on the White Sox, then I'll start the poll either early tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon.

Right now we're going to make all of this for the PC, since we know how to modify that. Frankly, unless you can find a lot of people who a). want to modify the game to transfer it to gamecube, or B). people who will benefit enough to make it possible, I doubt it's going to happen. Most of the people I know have it for Xbox, and even a surprisingly small amount of the mods created for the site end up on that platform. I never even knew it was released for gamecube.

It may be worth investing in the PC version to take advantage of everything.

Sorry for continuing to ask this (I am very curious and everyone moved on to talking about cover players), but now since the cover players has its own thread, will this be for Gamecube?

There has not, and will probably never be mods for gamecube, as kraw said the only mods possible for gc atm are roster mods.

XBox is probably the only console that could realistically have a 2006 mod made for it.

Just to update everyone on my 2006 updated schedule for MVP Baseball 2005, I have decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to start making the schedule. I would really appreciate any help that I can get.

Not every schedule is out yet so I can't blame you.

-------------

I wonder if we will include...

- New Songs

- New "Stock" Cyberfaces (Jogar84's?, I have to know which ones we will all agree upon so I can put the face #s in the 2005 .mbe file)

- New 'game' song (the theme song before games and between innings)

- New ditty songs

- Include 2X uniforms with the package

- Trues' hi-res ball

- Hi-res fielding gloves (one brown, dark-brown, black, red, blue. Must correspond with EA's color choices in order to work with my roster)

- Hi-res bats (Must correspond with EA's color choices in order to work with my roster)

- An installer... People always have problems installing things. (Luckily I am not one of those people. ;) )

- Basically, we must include all the best mods, in about 100 megabytes or something.

Here is a random suggestion for the Game's "theme" song. Did anyone ever hear the MLB International theme song? You can hear it on all of the 2001 World Series Games on ESPN Classic. That song is so catchy, I hope someone can rip it. I lack decent equipment but I could always borrow a friend's tape that has the song on it. Of course people could always rip the ESPN song or something, I just think MLB International's is better.

Yea the MLB International theme is way better than the Fox one imo

Post-season is the one time of year as a baseball fan I'm glad not to live in the States

I could rip it however there isn't going to be any mlb on local tv for a few months yet, though I may have it on an old videotape somewhere, now all I need is a video player :)

- New Songs

- New "Stock" Cyberfaces (Jogar84's?, I have to know which ones we will all agree upon so I can put the face #s in the 2005 .mbe file)

- New ditty songs

- Trues' hi-res ball

- Hi-res fielding gloves (one brown, dark-brown, black, red, blue. Must correspond with EA's color choices in order to work with my roster)

- Hi-res bats (Must correspond with EA's color choices in order to work with my roster)

- An installer... People always have problems installing things. (Luckily I am not one of those people. Wink )

- Basically, we must include all the best mods, in about 100 megabytes or something.

I will gladly take care of any song mods. I was planning to make new in between innings music. I will also make new menu music songs if you guys would like that, and I will make new batter ditty music (real songs) if you guys want that.

So let's see... so far I've got the updated schedule, batter ditty music, broadcast music, and menu music. I guess I'll be pretty busy this off-season.

Yea the MLB International theme is way better than the Fox one imo

Post-season is the one time of year as a baseball fan I'm glad not to live in the States

I could rip it however there isn't going to be any mlb on local tv for a few months yet, though I may have it on an old videotape somewhere, now all I need is a video player :)

Get us the theme, now! :)

So let's see... so far I've got the updated schedule, batter ditty music, broadcast music, and menu music. I guess I'll be pretty busy this off-season.

It's a labor of love!

as i was trying to say in broken messages today, i think this should be loaded as a totally seperate game from mvp2005, as in diffrent install route, kinda like classics is. you know, click one button if you want to run the 2005 game, and another one for the 2006 game. we should also have someone make a new icon, preferred in the new ea style. let's see how we can do that.

someone on classics, please help me out on this.

- New Songs

- New ditty songs

- Trues' hi-res ball

- An installer... People always have problems installing things. (Luckily I am not one of those people. Wink )

-Let's use some classic baseball songs, maybe some stadium anthems, stuff like that. Not too much "new stuff" (i.e. American Idiot) cause it doesn't really go with the game.

-I think that the ESPN theme, MLB on FOX, and a few others should be included and you can choose which one.

-Dittys are good. Maybe get some specifics. I'd still like to hear "Rock n' Roll Pt. II" playing when somebody hits a homer... longer then when he gets halfway to first!

-I like the dirty ball, but the clean one is fine too.

-Hi-res gloves are a must. Get a nice, clear Rawlings logo...

-Ditto the installer.

Some of my own:

Get rid of the EA stuff. Either make it MVPmods or just get rid of it all. I like not having anything. Gets rid of all the sponsorship.

Get some different bat brands... and easy to install, so that you don't have all one color when you first install it.

I think we should have some different packs. The core game should be one download with the basics, but then I think we should release something like an overlay pack with around 10+ overlays, and a few others, just to reduce the core file download size.

LOTS of new camera angles. What is it, Diamond Cam? Also the cool zoom ones... more dugout/coach shots?

Maybe just to sum a few things up, a better overall broadcast presentation? It would be really neat if we could get a few people with good voices from here to record new commentary and replace the current :-P !!!

I think we could enhance the graphics without the newest tech stuff. Just make everything really hi-res - no pixely stuff.

Those are my thoughts... anyone else?

-BBHD

Whoa, I just got another idea. Probably wouldn't work, and now that I think about it it's just a joke, but why don't we get a bunch of cd or thick DVD cases (madden 2006) and burn the game onto the cd with a true installer, send the cd to Trues' house, he'll burn about... 19,000 copies, and then he mails them all out, all for a price of 39.99 each! :lmao:

Archived