The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh it is? I am very sorry. I thought it was just flash we could not have. I did not realize we could not have gif files either. Once again I appologize.

lol

No problemo. Just thought I would tell you before an admin or moderator would.

How's everyone's mod progress going? I re-evaluated and re-aged all players up to the Athletics. Sadly due to the Crisp and Gonzalez acquisitions the Red Sox take the unimportant #1 overall ranking. :(

:lol:

Tomorrow it looks like I'm going to finally have enough time to do some work on the Busch walls, and it would be excellent if I can finish up RFK as well. I'd love to start work on Petco (which won't take long) and Kauffman (hopefully won't take long, but not sure), but not certain.

CBP will take a bit longer, and I'm waiting for images of the Miller Park mods before I can do anything there.

:wtg:

So far the rankings have changed yet again in the roster, the Cardinals being in 1st. I have the Devil Rays, Rangers, Blue Jays, Nationals, and of course 255 free agents (most will be a breeze due to not playing major league games in a while) to do some finishing touches on. I definately think I could come up with a complete version by Spring Training's start, though if something really big comes up (in school or life) we all know that we know when to put our mods behind us. I was wondering if possibly the roster should only be and option that is triggered on the installer. A lot of people like UR and probably wouldn't want to have their models.big and database folder written over.

wtg

So far the rankings have changed yet again in the roster, the Cardinals being in 1st. I have the Devil Rays, Rangers, Blue Jays, Nationals, and of course 255 free agents (most will be a breeze due to not playing major league games in a while) to do some finishing touches on. I definately think I could come up with a complete version by Spring Training's start, though if something really big comes up (in school or life) we all know that we know when to put our mods behind us. I was wondering if possibly the roster should only be and option that is triggered on the installer. A lot of people like UR and probably wouldn't want to have their models.big and database folder written over.

Yes, I think it would be better if there was a couple of options put on the installer for models.big and roster selection.

Kraw just uploaded a huge collection of mods for everyone here. It'll probably be everything we wanted MVP 06 to be (hell it has the same name), and while I expected this to happen this is still a huge service for the community! (Especially for many who never took the time to download all the mods.)

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...844&mirror=2785

Good job

Swingin', my brother is going to get mad that I am going to write this, but let me say this to the mvp 06 crowd.

As an observer and not frequenter on this forum, the guys part of the mvp 06 project deserve some major kudos for making their ideas public, publicly deliberating, and letting the community make many decisions but at the same time keep a consistant direction. Even if MVP 06 becomes a side mod, or no mod at all, due to Kraw's work, the people who contributed to this thread deserve a pat on the back for coming up with the ideas that became Kraw's mod.

Of course, it could a very large coincidence and things might have been in the works BEFORE, but like the UR 5.0 update, which contains many ideas first made public by Swingin's roster, Kraws mod appears to be the same.

No matter who actually came up with an idea first or not, the fact remains that the MVP 06 team were pioneers and hopefully they can finish this project and give the community another great product.

hey guys...just downloaded 06 and thought i'd put my two cents in just in case i mention some things you didnt know (which i apologize if i dont). the teams look really great as far as rosters go, but the batting orders dont look real great on some of the teams. i figured you just didnt spend much time on batting orders because of rosters not even being in spring training form yet, but its something i noticed. the game speed was also fast...i never played a game without this mod (just got the game) so it might not be the mod. just wanted to put my two cents in to see if it would help. bottom line is this is UNREAL and i'm greatful. i will definately be donating soon.

I am not sure if you guys are aware of it, but you can mod the credits.tsv file to add kudos to everybody who made a mod in the game so that the loading images and everything looks more polished.

Speaking of loading screens, I'd like to "remix" them for the final version if that is possible.

You guys did one helluva job and this is only a beta which makes it even more incredible.

Archived