The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

- There will be a big 500 mb+ version. No brain necessary. lol It will come with the stadiums, Hory's schedule, roster, models.big, Trues' overlay, Mo's sound mods, and of course Rossmac's Willis theme. )

- You can download everything separately as well. "Recommended for Advanced Users". lol Basically if you already got Hory's schedule, Willis theme, UR, you can just download everything else separately and save time and hard-drive space.

You're kidding! You just made my day. ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newbie here.....can someone please tell me where I can find the latest roster for the PC version of MLB2005? I downloaded the UR 5.0 Plus Standard yesterday, but WinZip will not recognize it as a zip file and will not open it. All I need is the most current roster. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

smgilbert --

Try downloading the file to your computer, and not opening it straight from the site. It won't work that way often times.

--Eric

Eric....that's what I did. I'm thinking I might just download the Lucky M's PC Rosters file and update it with transactions > 12/31/05. Might be easier for me since I'm still on frikkin dial-up (yeah, old school, I know).

PS...Eric....Love your Avatar! The Bulldozer Man!!!!!

It must suck to still have dialup.

It does, but I am in front of a PC all day at work, so I rarely use the internet at home. I think it's about to change though. I'm looking at a Direct TV/Digital Phone/Cable Modem type package deal right now that will save me some $$$ in the long run.

How much are you paying for dial-up? DSL is so cheap nowadays that I think it's worth the extra $5 or so to get it over dial-up. You can get DSL nowadays with SBC for about $14.99 to $16.99 per month (depending on deals/offers you can find). I knew some people who were still paying for Earthlink 56K @ $21.95/month...had them switch to SBC DSL for a plan that was about $15/month and they're very satisfied.

This is the first time I've had a second to relax, let alone think about the '06 project in a few weeks, so I'd like to post a few notes.

1). Pirate's Busch is looking really hot, even if there is obviously a lot left to do. It's not easy creating a park virtually from scratch, especially since no park is an exact match for the new Busch. I'm putting some thought into how exactly I can make the park accurate as possible, and so i'll keep working on the particular issues I know best.

2). Are we going to include an mvp06.exe file itself, or is it just a copy of the original .exe that happens when we use the installer? Because it would be fantastic to increase the owner mode budgets in the .exe file itself, if it is possible, to revamp that entire mode. That, combined with the resign.csv file mod, could finally make owner mode worth playing.

3). Obviously the rosters and everything are going to be the bread and butter of the project, but it's the little mods, like the resign.csv mod and the player progression mod (side note, can we contact bill to get his go-ahead to get this included?) and the new menu screens that will really seperate this from mvp '05.

4). On a related note, I would love a datafile entry, even if it doesn't change the difficulty all that much, to make it as accurate as possible. Trues, you're obviously busy with running the site, but do you think we could get a datafile, one with camera mod and another without, that will make the play more accurate? I'm woefully ignorant on much outside of the stadium files, so I'm not sure how much the datafile can be modded.

5). about a week ago I IM'd NYM about working on stadium select screens. I want others' opinions on this, should we go for real images of parks, or just take uniform screenshots of our modded parks? real images would feel different, but the quality may suffer. I would love some sort of setup that really seperates our new screens from the letterbox feel we have now. Is it possible to have the park info thing always available, and a smaller picture of the park itself?

That's all for now, but i'm sure there will be more. I still have an idea of a secret special project I may attempt, but with my schedule the way it is, I'm really doubting whether it will happen. If not, no great deal, since it will be wonderful either way.

I'm deciding on making the MVP 06 "trailer" of sorts for like a web release, but I'm just asking for all of your input.

What would you guys like to see on the trailer? I myself am sick of seeing just a crapload of homerun clips and just a fielding clip here/there....Let me know what you guys want to see on the trailer.

Music...hm. I'm checking out some songs here and there that can appeal to most, but I'm not sure what to pick. I'm not really into heavy metal stuff, but I'd like something that'll just get the person who sees this trailer hyped enough to play some MVP.

Let me know, cuz I'm jumping on this project ASAP.

-KC

KC-

thank you for reminding me of something I would love to see for the project. I think it would be nice to get video of the changes for 2006 specifically, like the new Nats uniforms, Busch Stadium, and the new fences for a bunch of new parks, etc. It's going to be difficult because a lot of stuff is still under construction, but I'm sure you can find something to work on.

Have I mentioned how wonderful everyone has been on this project? I'm consistantly amazed at the generous offers of some unbelievably talented members.

Have I mentioned how wonderful everyone has been on this project? I'm consistantly amazed at the generous offers of some unbelievably talented members.

Yeah sean, I realized there has not been one ego battle yet in terms of who mods what, and it looks like everyone has come to terms as to what changes should be made. If you have AIM, hit me up at ArielR1987...

If someone knows how to encode video into the exact vp6 format used by EA, a new intro movie could be made too

Does this help, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

As far as music goes, might I suggest, "It's Showtime Pt. II" by the Mooney Suzuki (recently sold-out and heard in Applebee's commercials, but I still love 'em)?

--Eric

I'm deciding on making the MVP 06 "trailer" of sorts for like a web release, but I'm just asking for all of your input.

What would you guys like to see on the trailer? I myself am sick of seeing just a crapload of homerun clips and just a fielding clip here/there....Let me know what you guys want to see on the trailer.

Music...hm. I'm checking out some songs here and there that can appeal to most, but I'm not sure what to pick. I'm not really into heavy metal stuff, but I'd like something that'll just get the person who sees this trailer hyped enough to play some MVP.

Let me know, cuz I'm jumping on this project ASAP.

-KC

A video of Willis dominating, Brewers playing in their new alternates, and of course the new features... And other stuff.

- New ballpark screens would own

- Bill Harris doesn't come on often, but it'd be smart to include the progression mod.

- Don't know anything about installers. I'd imagine this would just install stuff over MVP 2005 and not have a separate directory.

- Someone still has to make 2X fielding gloves. NYM91 said he was interested but that was the extent of it.

- Too bad Kaufman's dimensions can't be moved back.

Archived