The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

Wow very interesting, i just found out about this project from the Yankees message board, i cant wait till its all said and done.

My concern what the ratings for the hitters, it should be updated to look more like the 2005 numbers put up by the payers. Ex Jason Giambi getting his MVP type numbers back. If you guys need any help in any of the stat updating I can do it for 4-5 teams i know well including the Yankees, Redsox, A's.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the MLB on Fox theme going to be bundled, or will we just have to download it after? I'm so hyped you have no idea. I don't even want to play the game now til it's all finished.

Got some quick questions...

Realistic sky and grass? Anyway to fix up the crappy fireworks? Lastly, will there be a HR camera mod, it's nice when it looks like its on TV. :D

Wow very interesting, i just found out about this project from the Yankees message board, i cant wait till its all said and done.

My concern what the ratings for the hitters, it should be updated to look more like the 2005 numbers put up by the payers. Ex Jason Giambi getting his MVP type numbers back. If you guys need any help in any of the stat updating I can do it for 4-5 teams i know well including the Yankees, Redsox, A's.

My rosters, (the ones to be included in this mod) have COMPLETELY UPDATED ATTRIBUTES down to the career stats and correct ages! Giambi, even Jeremy Giambi have been updated.

My rosters, (the ones to be included in this mod)

I think we should do a poll on your rosters and UR to see what is the official one. I just think that without minor leaguers, this doesn't hold a chance to be the official roster. I'd prefer UR but that's not for me to decide but for the people...

I think we should do a poll on your rosters and UR to see what is the official one. I just think that without minor leaguers, this doesn't hold a chance to be the official roster. I'd prefer UR but that's not for me to decide but for the people...

one thing about ss's rosters is that every player will be a year older, and i find that important. we could always have 2 seperate roster downloads for the mod

The way I see it, SS is really the leader of this project, and he has full-reign to decide what he feels best about the rosters. If you absolutely need the minors, I'm sure you can still download UR. I have full faith in SS' rosters, since they will be extremely accurate and unique, and I believe he should get the call about the roster situation.

one thing about ss's rosters is that every player will be a year older, and i find that important. we could always have 2 seperate roster downloads for the mod

If they use the same FACE IDs, it would be easy to switch back and forth

year older?, so he set the DOB back a year? I guess what I'm asking is if you look at a player DOB will it be correct?

The way I see it, SS is really the leader of this project, and he has full-reign to decide what he feels best about the rosters. If you absolutely need the minors, I'm sure you can still download UR. I have full faith in SS' rosters, since they will be extremely accurate and unique, and I believe he should get the call about the roster situation.

I agree 100%. SS had worked his butt off on these rosters and he can do whatever he wants with them. There is nothing preventing people from downloading other rosters if they so choose. I am sure everyone will be fully satisfied with SS's.

or a group of people could do a minor league roster that would be included with SS' rosters ( if he permits ). I'm willing to help out, even though I know jack about the minors ( except for the free stuff I read on BA ), but maybe we could have a group of guys doing work on that department.

SS' rosters are probably the most accurate for the Majors, and if he doesn't want to do the minor league, then we could do it for him. Good idea?

I like UR as well. No offense to SS, but I've just grown so accustomed to having accurate minors. I'll be playing this game for a long time, unless PS3s first MLB game is incredible. So having minors IMO is essential for the "new game" feel. Plus I like promoting from within with future stars.

well, let's not try to force SS into doing the minors as well. I know that you all mean well ( myself included ), so if SS says he will only do the majors, then we could compose a team to make an accurate minor league roster set for this project.

I'm willing to do whatever I can and it would be nice if we could get some veteran guys in as well to help out - only if SS is okay with it of course.

btw ... I was thinking if there won't be an accurate minor league roster included, how do you work that out with Schmooz' models.big file? he has a lot of cyberfaces for guys in the minors ( which is absolutely fantastic ).

I like UR as well. No offense to SS, but I've just grown so accustomed to having accurate minors. I'll be playing this game for a long time, unless PS3s first MLB game is incredible. So having minors IMO is essential for the "new game" feel. Plus I like promoting from within with future stars.

How accurate can they be when the ages are not correct and the fact that some 'prospects' will be rated high enough to take Major League spots? I have that problem enough in the alpha of my roster and I did not rate minor leaguers all that highly.

Anyway, I offered Totte my work and he heavily considered, but him and HypnoxXx have decided against it. They want to do their own thing, I want to do my own thing. I believe the attributes in my roster are objective and accurate, that's no fault to Totte but when you have fans of certain teams making their own teams the biases are obvious. (eg. Andruw Jones in UR)

I will have an Alpha on the 06 ftp by today or tomorrow. By mid february the transformation should be complete. Then everyone could finally judge my roster fairly instead of belittling me for the status quo.

nobody's doubting your work SS. Consider it a compliment that some are dissapointed you didn't do the minors as well ;)

however, some prospects should be rated highly enough to take over major league roles. Guys like Fielder, Kotchman, Delmon Young, Gordon, Zimmerman, etc are able to step in and play everyday for their big league team.

I have noticed a lot of the Royals stances and Windups are wrong. I would like to use my Royals expertise for the windups and the stances(or even ratings if needed). I have pretty much all of the Royals' stances and windups perfect. (I am talking about the Roster downloads I have d/led, not the roster the game came with)

Also, are you putting in prospects that aren't in the original version, as well as last year's draft picks?

How accurate can they be when the ages are not correct and the fact that some 'prospects' will be rated high enough to take Major League spots? I have that problem enough in the alpha of my roster and I did not rate minor leaguers all that highly.

Anyway, I offered Totte my work and he heavily considered, but him and HypnoxXx have decided against it. They want to do their own thing, I want to do my own thing. I believe the attributes in my roster are objective and accurate, that's no fault to Totte but when you have fans of certain teams making their own teams the biases are obvious. (eg. Andruw Jones in UR)

I will have an Alpha on the 06 ftp by today or tomorrow. By mid february the transformation should be complete. Then everyone could finally judge my roster fairly instead of belittling me for the status quo.

Well I don't use CPU Optimize. But I know what you mean... I just like having real players. If I want to call up JB Cox, I want JB Cox. Not "Harold Nomo"... Like I said, I'll be playing this a long time. So I'll probably play a lot games rather than sim through them. Eventually I'd like to see players like Phillip Hughes, Christian Garcia, JB Cox, Eric Duncan, CJ Henry in the Yankees lineup if they pan out good in the game. Not play a vitural whos who of John Dowds.

This is why I'm really hoping someone makes a minor league roster set, and then combine them. Hell, the minor league system is what's keeping this game alive for me.

I have noticed a lot of the Royals stances and Windups are wrong. I would like to use my Royals expertise for the windups and the stances(or even ratings if needed). I have pretty much all of the Royals' stances and windups perfect. (I am talking about the Roster downloads I have d/led, not the roster the game came with)

Also, are you putting in prospects that aren't in the original version, as well as last year's draft picks?

Go to the Ultimate Rosters' thread and post any fixes to the Royals organization you see fit.

Archived