The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

(Apologies for contributing to the off-topic talk here.)

I suppose, technically, if he gives it away, then he isn't really doing any more damage to EA than we are. However, if he sells it, I'm pretty sure he could be in a whole hell of a lot of legal trouble. I mean, we could too, but considering we've had no trouble from EA since the site started as far as copyright issues go, I guess we should be pretty safe, especially since there is such a large community showing their enthusiasm for the game, and this, of course, leads to more sales.

Just a quick note, though, let's not forget that legally, we are violating EA's copyright too, and no modders of MVP here can really take the moral high ground and judge the guy (or girl, for that matter), myself included.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you rossmac, I was about to look for the link.

There's another guy posting at those boards, NYM-something I believe, who seems to visit mvpmods.com as well, but he's actually taking on the mroctober guy and sticking up for this site. Judging by mroctobers replies, he has some kind of beef with this site and our admins, so he might be someone that got banned at some point and wants to get his revenge so to speak.

I doubt that he will go through with this even if he has indeed made a modded 2006, and I can't imagine people paying him money for that cd. However, I think we should keep an eye on this as it might attract some attention from other internet posters who might be affiliated with EA or who might notify someone over at the EA boards. They would of course see the name mvpmods.com pop up in his replies and might feel inclined to link this site with this guy's plans. Perhaps it's a long shot, but I know that there are occasionally some EA people looking at nba-live.com and I figure that they do the same with other sites associated with their games. Not sure how this will affect our mvp 06 project, hopefully it won't do any damage as I for one ( and I'm sure many others ) are really looking forward to the release of it.

that's all I know for now, but I frequently visit the baseball board at ign.com and sometimes the mvp baseball board, so I'll pop in every now and then to see what this guy is up to.

Hopefully you guys found the info posted by me and rossmac helpful.

mroctober430 was a user here and was banned for repeatedly breaking the rules, creating duplicate accounts and disrespecting the staff here. It figures that it would be him trying to do this.

In my honest opinion, if you believe him about anything, you're either under the influence of something very toxic, or dumb. I wouldn't give him one bronze penny of my money, or anyone else's money, for that matter, no matter what he's selling.

Anyway, that's for the links guys. Much appreciated.

mroctober430 was a user here and was banned for repeatedly breaking the rules, creating duplicate accounts and disrespecting the staff here. It figures that it would be him trying to do this.

In my honest opinion, if you believe him about anything, you're either under the influence of something very toxic, or dumb. I wouldn't give him one bronze penny of my money, or anyone else's money, for that matter, no matter what he's selling.

Anyway, that's for the links guys. Much appreciated.

I figured he must have some vent up hostility for something towards this site. I wonder if his mommy knows he talks like that LOL :lol:

he is trying to give this site a bad name though and linking it to illegal modding and whatnot. I couldn't care less for the guy himself, but I'm sure that there are people stupid enough to believe him.

maybe we could get 2 horses and tie one to each of MrOctober430's arms and send them running in opposite directions LOL :wave:

Just kidding, I dont condone violence

Guys I was started that thread. It was because Mr.October was ripping off MVPmods. I used some choice words there at some points, but it wouldn't get me banned their.

Also, if Mr.October does somehow make this game, when he finishes, I will go undercover, ask for the game, and we can get him in jail for trying to make a new game with no rights to anything.

Just sticking up for the #1 site on the net. No one rips MVPmods off without gettin word from me.

P.S. that really wasnt me sending the instant messages. I wouldn't harass the guy over IM. I'm not a retard.

I just reread the thread and this guy is gona re-sell it saying MVPmods did it. Trues if I were you, and he does this, I would take some legal action. This is a felony and he can get some years for doing it. Not only can Trues now sue him, but MLB 2k6 can get him for this too.

Pfft, what a wanker. With UncleMo working on whole new audio within the spreadsheet, Friedman creating a whole new schedule, ross already having completed all menu and loading screens, Pirate creating Busch Stadium from scratch and SS doing rosters, I guess he's right in saying the project is dead. Better lock the thread, guys, it was a nice run.

Once again, wanker.

This is what was posted. It wa sposted on Sunday 1/1/06

"Since theres no MVP Baseball 2006 by EA Sports, I've converted MVP05 into MVP 06.

I'm willing to sell the CD version for $2.00. I will also have it for download. Reason I'll sell it via CD because people have sorry *** modems and it will take them at least 2 days to finish their download as it's 3GB.

More infomation will be out later on as the project is done. All that is left is rosters, but I have a BETA version of it. All MLB-AA rosters correct but MiLB linesups may not be accurate.

The final product maybe done by Jan. 18th, also the release date of MVP-NCAA06"

It sounds like he may be "selling" it very soon.

I was unable to tell if he was stealing from mvpmods or if he made his own mods. Either way he should not be mentioning mvpmods at all becasue as others have said it looks like guilty by association type thing

Just incase this carries on into Febuary, I think it would be smart not to release not one little file of what we are creating at MVPmods for the 2006 version. We wouldn't want him stealing anything people have made.

Hey Mark B, under my name where it says "Sig artist" can I have put their "The guy who stuck up for MVPmods..." or something like that?

ok MarkB, Trues you guys shouldo something. This is what MrOctober said in his last post. He posted it today around 3:30

I'm going to finish my project and sell it on eBAY and have it titled: MVPMods.com Presents MVP MLB 06.

and posted the image he is using as the cover

Archived