The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

ok MrkB, Trues you guys need to do something. This is what MrOctober said in his last post. He posted it today around 3:30

I'm going to finish my project and sell it on eBAY and have it titled: MVPMods.com Presents MVP MLB 06.

and posted the image he is using as the cover

I was gona post this pic but was too lazy. I think someone should accidently send emails (cough cough--all users from this board) to EASPORTS.

Could something like a petition be done? I can start it, Trues, anyone that could send an email to EA saying that we havent illegally changed the game, but at the same time say what this OCtober guy is doing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok MarkB, Trues you guys shouldo something. This is what MrOctober said in his last post. He posted it today around 3:30

I'm going to finish my project and sell it on eBAY and have it titled: MVPMods.com Presents MVP MLB 06.

and posted the image he is using as the cover

Holy ******* ****! What kind of an *** hole is this guy? MarkB, Trues, Y4L, RAM, all the other admins/mods of this site: you guys have to do something. This is turning into a legal battle. What he is doing is illegal! This guy is a no good, low-life, son of a *****. I can't believe he's doing this. Stuff like this just makes me mad.

I was gona post this pic but was too lazy. I think someone should accidently send emails (cough cough--all users from this board) to EASPORTS.

Could something like a petition be done? I can start it, Trues, anyone that could send an email to EA saying that we havent illegally changed the game, but at the same time say what this OCtober guy is doing.

Let me take care of it. I really would hate to see the site get in trouble because of some stupid guy.

Guys, the modding that's done here is just as illegal as what he's doing. The only differences are that we are providing it for free and are not using anyone else's name in it.

A simple glance at the "legalese" inside the box should show you that.

Guys, the modding that's done here is just as illegal as what he's doing. The only differences are that we are providing it for free and are not using anyone else's name in it.

A simple glance at the "legalese" inside the box should show you that.

I agree. I just have an issue with all of his negativety and intentional slandering of the best site on the net. The worst thing we can do is stoop to his level. People liek him just post these things to get a reaction.

Trues when I did this, I did it with the best intentions. I don't wan't what I did to get the site in trouble. I didn't know what happens here is illegal. Lets just hope this all get swept under the table.

Back on track: how is this mod progressing? Any updates on your stadium Pirate?

I'm certainly not worried about it, and I'm probably the poor ******* who'd get the brunt of the legal action. Plain and simple, absolutely no money is changing hands, we aren't breaking any copyrights, this will not be available on any physical media, and is simply a labor of love from a very talented group of modders.

Now, let's talk about mod-related activity, cool?

edit:

ok, to clear this up for the very, very last time, there is absolutely nothing illegal about what we are doing, and this is out in the open for that very purpose. We aren't doing a single thing wrong here, besides for giving too much attention to someone who clearly does not deserve it.

nuf 'ced.

As for me, I haven't started work on my projects yet, simply because, well, I don't have any of the information yet. For CBP, I'm hoping I can get some construction photos to see exactly how many rows were taken out and how the center field area looks, while Pirate is still working on Busch and Petco hasn't been finalized either.

Once I get more information, each of these should be relatively simple.

Guys I'm finally getting a working version of MVP 2005 for the PC. This time it will have a 99.9% chance of running great on my computer.

Now my question, is there anything I can do to help? Anything simple needed to be done? I really want to contribute to this project.

What's the overlay situtation? Which one are we going to use? The original?

I don't know if we have anyone in charge of overlays. Do we have volunteers?

As long as it is clean and (preferably) metallic looking, I think it will be great.

Also, Marlins, I'd be thrilled to include your recent additions, just in case SS' smiling face wasn't a definite answer. Thanks brah.

NYM - not sure right now, but stay tuned.

WOW! I missed a lot.

Busch is coming along. I will be sending it out to SeanO around the third week of January. My wife is flying home to Ohio and I will have an incredible amount of time to mod. I'm going to tryto get into Chase Field that week to see if there are changes over there. I think it will just be a wall ad or two i know the Dugout tops are different and I have the logo for it.

The dimension changes are all yours Sean. If the graphics are screwy like on GABP then let me know. I will update parks through this season, but I make no promises on what stadiums. There is a list of ones I would like to mod but like is the key, I can't do everything.

That silly fella at the ign board does have me a little frightened but EA know what we do and they have never reacted to it. I can speak on this subject quite reputably because I have been modding since modding began.

In 1998 graphics mods garnered popularity in sports games when NBA Live 98 came out. With the addition of cyberfaces users could change their faces and soon began adding faces. As recently as NBA Live 2003 EA added a function to the file ssystem that promoted modding and has kept that function in since.

Baseball modding started with High Heat. Crowe's stadiums inspired my work on MVP 03 - 05. I even used to make cyberfaces for HH2001 and on. I have modded games since NBA Live 98 and never have we faced any legal action from any advertiser or game producer. NEVER. The main reason: All downloads are distributed as non profit contributions to be acquired for free.

Let's keep trucking on this mod. It is going to be great.

Archived