The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

UPDATE

Just an update of my status...

I have 5 pictures left to edit so I should be done this week. I also changed the faded MVP 05 logo that appears in the mini games and edited the overlay to take out the 2005 that shows up

Are all of these screens of the D-Train?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggestion. I just read the 51 pages and i don't remember this being suggested.

Most of us have MP3s on our computer that we often listen to. Would it be possible for one of the installer steps to be for the user to select 10-12-or however many songs to be used for their game? And of course a default for the current music for those without music on their comps?

Oh by the way, www.garageband.com has some good free independant music.

Fantastic job so far. Its all looking great, just wish that minors would be included (not taking a shot at anyone)

Most of us have MP3s on our computer that we often listen to. Would it be possible for one of the installer steps to be for the user to select 10-12-or however many songs to be used for their game? And of course a default for the current music for those without music on their comps?

Fantastic job so far. Its all looking great, just wish that minors would be included (not taking a shot at anyone)

I like that idea.

But, Bank One Ballpark has changed names to Chase Field, if we can get that changed in game that would be great.

I'm thinking off the top of my head, and without access to my files, that Chase Utley has an audio file. This would be pretty easy to do, if anyone knew where the ballpark audio was located.

--Eric

EA Design of MVP has always consisted of the coverperson only appearing on the title screen and the few main menu screens. Also, other occurances were in loading screens and select random shots such as the Spring Training Mini-games of Manny.

This is done to highlight the player without seeming redundant and disrespectful to the group involvement within the sport of baseball, as baseball games are a tribute to the sport and not just a single player.

Replacing every screen with Willis would, in my opinion, be too distracting. If you study the choices of images used by EA Sports, it is made to highlight the dedication towards the sport, the energy, and all the little things that form the sport. Bases, spikes, baseball, gloves, bats that are numbered (numerous for one, dedication), etc.

On a sidenote I've been putting together a CTS (tested only on Xbox) based on this theme. I honestly have no idea who to answer to as rossmac hasn't been responding to many of my PM's.

Here's a little snippet: Title and 1st Menu Slides

It would probably be easier to judge via ingame shots, but my camera is a little on the self-destructive side at the moment and don't have a working TV capture card.

Note that they've been optimized for display on a standard TV via Xbox and I've not been able to test it on anything about 480i. I'm assuming that only one picture poses a potential problem on a TV higher then 480i, but it's something that can be easily fixed.

EA Design of MVP has always consisted of the coverperson only appearing on the title screen and the few main menu screens. Also, other occurances were in loading screens and select random shots such as the Spring Training Mini-games of Manny.

This is done to highlight the player without seeming redundant and disrespectful to the group involvement within the sport of baseball, as baseball games are a tribute to the sport and not just a single player.

Replacing every screen with Willis would, in my opinion, be too distracting. If you study the choices of images used by EA Sports, it is made to highlight the dedication towards the sport, the energy, and all the little things that form the sport. Bases, spikes, baseball, gloves, bats that are numbered (numerous for one, dedication), etc.

On a sidenote I've been putting together a CTS (tested only on Xbox) based on this theme. I honestly have no idea who to answer to as rossmac hasn't been responding to many of my PM's.

Here's a little snippet: Title and 1st Menu Slides

It would probably be easier to judge via ingame shots, but my camera is a little on the self-destructive side at the moment and don't have a working TV capture card.

Note that they've been optimized for display on a standard TV via Xbox and I've not been able to test it on anything about 480i. I'm assuming that only one picture poses a potential problem on a TV higher then 480i, but it's something that can be easily fixed.

MVP 06 IS AN ALL WILLIS THEME. If you instlall MVP 06 and you dont want some of the screens to have Willis then simply change them on your own.

I changed the Stadium names and some other misc stuff to for MVP 06. I know NOTHING about the minors so if there is anythign to change please let me know. This is what I have changed.

Network Colesium to McAfee Colesium

SkyDome to Rogers Centre

Oriole Park to Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Bank One Ball Park to Chase Field

Pro Player Stadium to Dolphins Stadium

Anaheim Angels to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

ANA to LAA

I also changed the words "Home Run!" to "Touch 'Em All!" (although if people think this is stupid I can easily change it back)

MVPditt converts the files, and it is easy to put them into the folder yourself. But it is a nice idea if it was easily doable.

There are always several shots of the cover player. As modders, if we are dissatisfied with what we have we can change it. Make a better one, or enhance Rossmac's one if he went too Willis overboard for everyone's taste. I just know that pretty much the only player that is shown throughout loading screens and crap is... the coverplayer.

"Touch 'Em All!"

meh... Otherwise nice to see changes!

MVPditt converts the files, and it is easy to put them into the folder yourself. But it is a nice idea if it was easily doable.

There are always several shots of the cover player. As modders, if we are dissatisfied with what we have we can change it. Make a better one, or enhance Rossmac's one if he went too Willis overboard for everyone's taste. I just know that pretty much the only player that is shown throughout loading screens and crap is... the coverplayer.

meh... Otherwise nice to see changes!

I changed over 60 menu screens and EVERY one had Manny on it (2005's theme) so the theme character is in it thoroughout

hi fellas,love your work,and I am so excited about this project,that I am purchasing the PC version.My question/concern is if I will be able to use the Ultimate Rosters(since no minor leagues will be in the default roster,right?),and if I will be able to use all these cool mods such as portraits,cyberfaces,etc,in conjunction with the Ultimate Roster.Thanks for all your help,guys.

hi fellas,love your work,and I am so excited about this project,that I am purchasing the PC version.My question/concern is if I will be able to use the Ultimate Rosters(since no minor leagues will be in the default roster,right?),and if I will be able to use all these cool mods such as portraits,cyberfaces,etc,in conjunction with the Ultimate Roster.Thanks for all your help,guys.

As far as I know. I can't forsee any issues using UR with this mod

I have all the screens done what is the next step?

I am not sure if we should PM Trues about having a private download area to store the BETAs of these mods until their release. (If it's possible of course.)

- And there won't be any issues with UR or Big Scmooz. Use what you want to use. Of course if MVP 06 comes with a new models.big and uniforms.big those files will have to be replaced in order to work with your desired roster. (Keep your orignial files as backups!)

I am not sure if we should PM Trues about having a private download area to store the BETAs of these mods until their release. (If it's possible of course.)

- And there won't be any issues with UR or Big Scmooz. Use what you want to use. Of course if MVP 06 comes with a new models.big and uniforms.big those files will have to be replaced in order to work with your desired roster. (Keep your orignial files as backups!)

For right now, I just had ross e-mail me the screens he's created, and I'll save it to a folder there for safekeeping. I'll be happy to forward to it you if you want.

I guess for the time being, when you're ready to submit something, just PM me, and I'll reply with my e-mail address, and if SS wants, his as well. Still, hopefully we can get our own space from Trues.

(post 1500. God I need to get a life)

Archived