The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That silly fella at the ign board does have me a little frightened but EA know what we do and they have never reacted to it. I can speak on this subject quite reputably because I have been modding since modding began.

In 1998 graphics mods garnered popularity in sports games when NBA Live 98 came out. With the addition of cyberfaces users could change their faces and soon began adding faces. As recently as NBA Live 2003 EA added a function to the file ssystem that promoted modding and has kept that function in since.

Baseball modding started with High Heat. Crowe's stadiums inspired my work on MVP 03 - 05. I even used to make cyberfaces for HH2001 and on. I have modded games since NBA Live 98 and never have we faced any legal action from any advertiser or game producer. NEVER. The main reason: All downloads are distributed as non profit contributions to be acquired for free.

Let's keep trucking on this mod. It is going to be great.

I tend to agree. Plus I am sure if EA was adamently opposed to modding they would make it much more difficult to mod. They have been using the same file types in all their games for years. All they would have to do is change them up a bit or add more security to the files somehow. Plus I can't imagine they would go from no action directly to sueing. They would probably issue some kind of order to stop modding before they would take any action.

Is this going to be one big download? Or a bunch of little ones.

One big download is our intention. So it will be like having another MVP game while just being one big free mod.

I can do photoshop and I can morph images, faces etc. into each other....for what it's worth.

Do anything you want. Impress us with your work and it will surely be included.

I am working on an MVP06 overlay. If it comes out any good I'll post screen shots to see if it will work. I want to thank Trues in advance for letting me modify his overlay that I am baseing mine from. He did the hard part...the positoning.

One big download is our intention. So it will be like having another MVP game while just being one big free mod.

I assume all the stadiums will be update for the new ads?

you are going to have to do something or it will come in weighing 800MB+ and crash MVPmod's server when everyone downloads it

stadiums (around 88)

Portraits (TP has around 3200)

Faces (900)

Uniforms (05 came with 439, you can have upto 1000+)

Music

Game audio (EA 05 & TA has around 7500+)

oh yeah 800 MB easy

hell TC4 is 250 MB with only 2700 portraits, 600 faces, 276 Unifroms, 2800 player audios & 7 stadiums

Archived