Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, you can nitpick 3.0 in like 5 minutes :)

---

v3.0 is up. The All-Star team (AL) is temporary, five 'dummies'/fillers are there. I'll remove them and update the all-star teams for the all-star version of the roster. (4.0) Also, there may be extra cyberface numbers left in by mistake in the standard version, if the #s are found I'll fix them immediately.

Thank you for your patience everyone!

---

BTW, cyberfaces as of UR 6.5.

• 1 month later...

ok i just downloaded your new 3.2

i put this as a review when 3.0 came out but i guess i will do it here, maybe you didnt see it or something.

ill post this straight from the padres website in regards to "Updated Player moves"

5/31/06 Purchased the contract of RHP Brian Sikorski from Triple-A Portland; Designated RHP Jim Brower for assignment. (Brower is still with the padres in your updated roster)

5/28/06 Reinstated C Rob Bowen from the 15-day disabled list; Optioned 1B/OF Paul McAnulty to Triple-A Portland. (PMAC is also still with the Padres)

Eric Young is WAYYY to good..no way he should have 93 contact vs Lefties

My Suggestion is send PMcanulty down and bring up Rob Bowen who has been on there roster all year, also send down brower and bring up Sikorski who is not in your rosters

ok i just downloaded your new 3.2

5/31/06 Purchased the contract of RHP Brian Sikorski from Triple-A Portland; Designated RHP Jim Brower for assignment. (Brower is still with the padres in your updated roster)

5/28/06 Reinstated C Rob Bowen from the 15-day disabled list; Optioned 1B/OF Paul McAnulty to Triple-A Portland. (PMAC is also still with the Padres)

There's actually a reason I never got to that... Anyway, it'll be fixed for 3.3! (Just fixed it right now)

Eric Young is WAYYY to good..no way he should have 93 contact vs Lefties

He'll (and everyone else) be different come 2007.

Sikorski who is not in your rosters

He's there.

Great job SS. Perfect for exhibition mode.

Thanks! Does the database still crash on dynasty mode?

No, ill post the line for you to put in your database files so you can play the pitching game.

Here's how you solve it:

After exporting the rosters with MVPedit, open up the file attrib.dat in the mvp2005/data/database folder (where you exported the rosters) and insert the following string of text where it should be according to the alphabetical order.

0f844e070,0 Shane,1 Reynolds,2 37,3 0,4 0,5 0,6 10,7 27,8 115,9 29,10 244,11 1,12 0,13 0,14 0,15 0,16 1,17 743,18 1,19 5,20 11,21 0,22 0,23 43,24 12,25 11,26 10,27 10,28 2,29 0,30 0,31 1,32 1,33 0,34 0,35 0,36 0,37 0,38 2,39 0,40 2,41 1,42 0,43 0,44 0,45 7391,;

Apparently, EA has programmed the mini game to use Shane Reynolds as the pitcher & when he's not in the rosters it crashes.

You should thank kraw for finding the error.

No, ill post the line for you to put in your database files so you can play the pitching game.

Here's how you solve it:

After exporting the rosters with MVPedit, open up the file attrib.dat in the mvp2005/data/database folder (where you exported the rosters) and insert the following string of text where it should be according to the alphabetical order.

0f844e070,0 Shane,1 Reynolds,2 37,3 0,4 0,5 0,6 10,7 27,8 115,9 29,10 244,11 1,12 0,13 0,14 0,15 0,16 1,17 743,18 1,19 5,20 11,21 0,22 0,23 43,24 12,25 11,26 10,27 10,28 2,29 0,30 0,31 1,32 1,33 0,34 0,35 0,36 0,37 0,38 2,39 0,40 2,41 1,42 0,43 0,44 0,45 7391,;

Apparently, EA has programmed the mini game to use Shane Reynolds as the pitcher & when he's not in the rosters it crashes.

You should thank kraw for finding the error.

Thanks, Kraw. :lol:

Anyway, I'll try to implelement this change in 3.3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a short and simple announcement: Version 3.3 (already released) will be 2006's last roster. As demand has dropped, and the 'new' ratings have now aged, I have decided to concentrate completely on the eventual 2007 version. (Due February 2007) Thank you all for your support and giving this roster a chance. Despite rocky beginnings, this roster was exponentially more popular than I could have ever imagined.

With over 16,000 downloads (including .sav files) and becoming an Editor's Pick, I hope this roster did much good for the MVPmods community. While many of you had fun with this roster, I must say the pleasure has been all mine. It was fun spending so many hours to try to create a fresh Major League roster. Alike most modders, I enjoy modding more than playing the game. :) Well, at least I spend much more time modding than playing the game.

Lastly, I must thank everyone for making the roster possible, downloading the roster, and helping me improve the roster through suggestions and criticisms. However, I will thank the following people specifically:

- KGBaseball: for providing me a more stable database.

- Big Shmooz: for being so prompt with new cyberface numbers.

- Thug4Life: For putting up with my random crap for the longest time...

- MJ: For remind me which players were called up during April - May

- JoeyMcM93: For loving rosters more than anything in the world

- Krawhitham: for indirectly helping me fix the minigames, and for his FAQ for fixing the All-Star teams

- Everyone who had this SOB roster crash on them (I apologize), so I could try to find ways to fix it...

- And the countless others I forgot to mention

For the time being, I heard this Totte guy is making a good roster with updated batter ratings... But hey, we also have a lot to look forward to in 2007:

- The New Epic roster (This will become a new file, a different download)

- KG's 2007 (or 06?) roster. Total Minors and may include my 2007 Major League players

- The 2007 Ultimate Roster, from what I read Totte is going to get the ratings updated again. I wonder if Kraw will become a busy man once again...

Anyway, before we watch this topic sink away into obscurity. The 2007 roster will include updated ratings for all hitters and pitchers. Updated hot and cold zones as well. The formula for ratings will differ from Krawhitham's (which of course is used in the 7.+ releases of UR) and ratings will again be a mix of three year splits, 2006 season, road stats (if applicable), and of course my personal discrestion. Ratings will also be tinkered to try to have starting pitchers be less valuable and relievers be more valuable. (To try to prevent some of those SP loaded bullpens after rosters get optimized.) Ratings will also be made more to reflect the 2007 season rather than a multi-year dynasty (which most would prefer UR for anyway.) Of course, I am open to all suggestions and help you all may provide. Lastly, there will probably be a beta of the 2007 roster released before the 1.0 release so suggestions can be made on ratings and everything else.

Once again, thank you all. Enjoy the rest of your summers and the pennant race!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I see it's been 2 year since the last post (LOL) :)

I'm new here, and I was wondering if the this roster:

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...&page=2#reviews

Will work with MVP2004??? Cause i'm unsure about the new ones..

Thx

tiger92

Welcome back. I don't think those rosters would work. Try these instead: http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=3419

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. I'll be hard at work once the season ends. I have my formulas mapped out (for more consistant ratings) already, of course I'll take road stats, flukes, and what not into account. And yes, it'll be for both hitters and pitchers. :)

Just in case anyone cares, I'll also be adjusting the ratings to decrease the overall rating of **** poor SPs and increase the rating of useful RPs. This will give established closers nice and juicy ratings, and prevent most of the other team's bullpen from being demoted to the minors when the rosters get 'optimized'.

Now if anyone has any suggestions for defense ratings, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll go by FP%, range factor, and the oh so godly 'reputation'. That isn't a lot to go by, so I'll take suggestions seriously. Even if they are just more peoples' opinions on a defender's reputation. :)

Archived