.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been able to edit the career stats in the middle of a dynasty. I just did the scedule updater so my stats are now in 2006 instead of adding into the real players 2005 stats, but ive already played 22 games. I exported the files of my dynasty into mvpedit, and changed the 2005 stats back to normal and made my 2006 stats show my 22 games, but its not showing up in the game when i import it back in. Arent the career stats in the histdata.dat and histindex.dat files? These are exported and imported with this program, so why itsnt it showing up in the game? Thanks.

Ok, I've read about 15 of 30 pages in this thread, and I understand kinda how this works. I've also used the schedule updater..no problem.

I have a Twins dynasty that I'm 10 games in, and with Totte's impending roster release after the trade deadline, I'd like to update my dynasty rosters (especially since Kyle Lohse is currently in my rotation). Can someone walk me through how to do this? Can you take the .mbe file from UR 7.1, export to MVPEdit, and import to dynasty? I know the other alternative is just doing it myself in MVPedit.

Thanks, and sorry if I missed a similar question earlier in the thread.

Straight from the ReadMe.

If you want to update the rosters in your dynasty, you should follow the following steps:

1. Put the .dat files from the rosters into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the files that you need.

4. Now if you want to load a saved game or sim the entire season, or whatever do it now.

5. Then run the importer.

This seems to work so much better than just importing the .dat files from the rosters.

Ok...I have been trying to get this to work, and I have noticed a couple things with my install/version of it.

1. AL All-Star and NL All-Star both only have 24/25 slots filled.

2. When selecting Atlanta Braves in the team selection in MVPEdit, it returns "Run-Time Error '3021': No Current Record"

3. When selecting Chicago Cubs in the team selection in MVPEdit, it returns "Run-Time Error '3021': No Current Record"

4. When selecting Detroit Tigers in the team selection in MVPEdit, it returns "Run-Time Error '3021': No Current Record"

5. When selecting Oakland Athletics in the team selection in MVPEdit, it returns "Run-Time Error '3021': No Current Record"

6. When selecting Texas Rangers in the team selection in MVPEdit, it returns "Run-Time Error '3021': No Current Record"

I know it has happened on a few of the Minor League teams also.

I have .NET 2.0 installed, and I was really hoping that I could use this great tool, since somehow, the homerun percentages and some other stats got messed up from what they were. (I think the game did this or something...maybe they were changed when I edited them in the game)

I am running an Owner Mode if it matters.

Guest JWClubbie

I need help:

I was trying to import UR into my dynasty. I think I erased a few files for the data foldr, I really don't know. When I go into the game know it crashes. What files do I need to have in the Data and database folders for no crashing to occur. Thanks. I am JWClubbie on aim.

I need help:

I was trying to import UR into my dynasty. I think I erased a few files for the data foldr, I really don't know. When I go into the game know it crashes. What files do I need to have in the Data and database folders for no crashing to occur. Thanks. I am JWClubbie on aim.

I found this on page 23. It updates the rosters and preserves the stats already accumulated for a dynasty season.

Try this:

1. Put the .dat files from UR into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the extra files that you need.

4. Put all of the .dat files into a new folder.

5. Now load your saved dynasty

6. Run the exporter again.

7. Copy attrib.dat, extra.dat, lhattrib.dat, pitcher.dat, rhattrib.dat, and roster.dat from the new folder into the importer's directory

8. Then run the importer.

9. Save your game to a new slot, and then load your new saved game.

Guest JWClubbie

I found this on page 23. It updates the rosters and preserves the stats already accumulated for a dynasty season.

Try this:

1. Put the .dat files from UR into your Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatabase folder

2. Start a new dynasty.

3. Run the exporter. This will create all of the extra files that you need.

4. Put all of the .dat files into a new folder.

5. Now load your saved dynasty

6. Run the exporter again.

7. Copy attrib.dat, extra.dat, lhattrib.dat, pitcher.dat, rhattrib.dat, and roster.dat from the new folder into the importer's directory

8. Then run the importer.

9. Save your game to a new slot, and then load your new saved game.

Thanks man,

This is awesome!

Guys, this thread will no longer be supported by tywiggins as he announced he quite. He's burned out from working on this too much.

I think a healthy donation would peak his interest, otherwise this thread should be maintained by you all and support from here on out should be received and given by actual users of this program. That is it no more help from Tywiggins.

I have an interesting bug that came up. I adjusted a suspension and when I imported again all the RF's in the game were taken out and replaced by clones of the person batting above them in the batting order.

I tried to fix everything in MVPEdit but unfortunately the changes wouldnt stick. All of a sudden the backup catchers were playing RF (only in the NL lineups)

The good news is fixing the problem is easy enough for the team I control just do a CPU adjust rosters and it's fixed for my team. However I dont know how to control the other teams (or do this globally) and I have seen discussion of a team switcher (I figure if I manually cpu adjust every team that should solve my problem) and was curious if anyone has it zipped up and could fire it my way or where exactly to find that in the team importer/exporter.

Thanks

Yeah, most of the time a pitcher is playing RF for me or the CPU.

Alright I have found a way to fix it....

You need to download tywiggins team changer.

Then run the team changer (follow instructions to see how it works) and you will have to go through every team (except your own if you have fixed them already) and hit CPU optimize rosters.

Once you do that the rosters should all be fixed.

Takes a little time but it seems to have worked.

Hope it helps you.

OK, first off, great program, but one thing.

I was testing it, especially the stats editing. When I exported, edited the a players stats for a created batter (bstats, cy-bstats (all cy's), career, etc.), then imported. All my changes worked excpet for one.

If I go to my Dynasty, the Statistics, then Career Stats for that player. It shows the Total MLB, but not the previous year correctly (ie 2005 in this case).

For example, see below image

careerfb8.png

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2381/careerfb8.png

How do I correct "2005" to make it equal Career? (which was his 2005 numbers) Which dat file to I edit.

Thanks in Advance

• 4 weeks later...

I keep getting a first pitch crash in what ever season I export then import to. The season loads, the game starts then the pitcher throws the fist pitch and the game crashes to the desktop before the pitch makes it to home plate. This only happens in the season I have used the export/importer in

Does anyone have a previous version of this program, say 0.23? I can't get past the issues with runtime errors (3022, 53 etc.) and I've tried everything suggested in this thread. All I want to do is check my dynasty for errors with MVP Edit but I can't get it to open the .dat-files. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to use this wonderful mod to put Daisuke Matsuzaka into free agency. I extracted the files (the programs and everything), went to my dynasty, and then ran the exporter. But I don't know where the files are supposed to show up, because they are not in the folder where I put the programs and stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it :D

OK, now I have a new problem. I put Daisuke Matsuzaka into free agency following all the directions correctly, including his cyberface and portrait. But in the game, he is in it, but his portrait is a black square, and when I try to look at the cyberface through edit player options, the game crashes. What am I doing wrong?

Forget that problem guys, I got a new one.

I have successfully imported the roster I wanted into my game, but there is only one person missing: Daisuke Matsuzaka. He is nowhere to be found in the game, but everything else is changed to the roster I imported with.

Archived