.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

When I run this program I can import the files and see them in MVPedit fine for the most part, but when I export them back into the game I wind up with starting pitchers starting in right field and position players filling two spots in the lineup (Khalil Greene was hitting 2nd and 3rd at SS?). It messed up tons of lineups and now I can't even get it to work with MVPedit at all.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is what maxbjr wrote to me on how to make players injured. Hope it helps everyone here.

Sure, I'll try to explain. You run the exporter to get your files 1st, then you open the extra.dat file in notepad. A player's extra data line will look like this.

070c863a2,0 Victor,1 Zambrano,2 100,3 0,4 47,5 125,6 114,7 21356,8 4,9 8,10 85,;

070c863a2,0 Victor,1 Zambrano,2 100,3 0,4 XX,5 YY,6 114,7 21356,8 4,9 8,10 85,;

the injury type is where the x's are, I gave Zambrano a 47 = A Torn PCL

The number of days injusred is where the y's are, I gave him enough games to take him out for the season, but not so many that he might retire due to injury in the off season. ( 1 more day then the world series game 7)

I do not put them on the DL with the exporter/importer. If the player is on my team I do that myself once I import them back into the game. If the player is on another team I let the computor do it. I do however move soon to be injury players to the minors with MVPedit first.

The exact order I do this is;

load my dynasty,

run exporter,

make changes to extra.dat file,

run MVPedit.. make changes there,

run importer,

sim one game day,

put players on dl, if needed.

save dynasty.

for some reason it works better if you sim the next days games before going back to playing then yourself. And I always set up a secound backup dynasty save before doing any of this. make changes to that save, see if it works, then resave it to my main dynasty save. usually there are no problems but why chance wreacking a dynasty you've been playing awhile, when taking 5 mins extra you can test it on a backup

Anyone have the same problem I have? I did have another save so I can still access MVPedit now, but I don't know how to go about fixing this.

Just try again. Be sure to use the error checking tool in MVPEdit before you export from MVPEdit.

After you import into the game, make a new save and check everything out.

Just try again. Be sure to use the error checking tool in MVPEdit before you export from MVPEdit.

After you import into the game, make a new save and check everything out.

Hmm, that's weird. There are 45 errors and all of them are NL lineups. Hmm, guess I'll fix them and see if it works.

I use the team changer before every series to fix the lineups to be accurate (at least the MLB ones) and 25-man roster. I hate how the CPU optimizes it for no reason and you lose main players and half the bullpen for long men who are starters in AAA.

I'm getting the same error, what was the fix?

Same error as well for me. Worked fine the first time I exported/modified/imported, have gotten that error after subsequent exports.

Have been unable to find a problem in the dat files that would cause it.

I was just getting the same error as you guys. I don't think kuno21 ever got back to me. I believe I asked him to send me the files, but I no longer have the sent message.

I just replaced the .dat files in my database directory with UR 6.5 and started a new dynasty, and it worked again.

I'm not sure what the problem is though.

I was just getting the same error as you guys. I don't think kuno21 ever got back to me. I believe I asked him to send me the files, but I no longer have the sent message.

I just replaced the .dat files in my database directory with UR 6.5 and started a new dynasty, and it worked again.

I'm not sure what the problem is though.

http://www.mindwarped.com/dat_and_sav.zip

I was able to fix the problem by using the team changer. You have to manually edit all the rosters, A to MLB so it takes about 20 minutes but after that everything is back to normal. If you get a duplicate simply send that player down to AAA and have the CPU optimize your rosters. Fixes the problem.

yeah do what he said

This is for making a roster set

export the roster

delete the following:

bstats.dat

fbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

lhbstats.dat

pstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

rhbstats.dat

tstat.dat

fbstatsA.dat

fbstatsAA.dat

fbstatsAAA.dat

extra.dat

histdata.dat

histindex.dat

remove the cy- from:

cy-bstats.dat

cy-fbstats.dat

cy-lhpstats.dat

cy-lhbstats.dat

cy-pstats.dat

cy-rhpstats.dat

cy-rhbstats.dat

cy-tstat.dat

see if MVPedit will import, if not move those dat file to the database folder, load game, start new dynasty, export files again

do this again

delete the following:

bstats.dat

fbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

lhbstats.dat

pstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

rhbstats.dat

tstat.dat

fbstatsA.dat

fbstatsAA.dat

fbstatsAAA.dat

extra.dat

histdata.dat

histindex.dat

remove the cy- from:

cy-bstats.dat

cy-fbstats.dat

cy-lhpstats.dat

cy-lhbstats.dat

cy-pstats.dat

cy-rhpstats.dat

cy-rhbstats.dat

cy-tstat.dat

then MVPedit should load the file, at least it has for me on the two dynasties I was having trouble getting a roster set out of

I am having problems when I try to import my .dat files into mvpedit. This is the error:

Run-Time error '3022':

The changes you requested to the table were not successful becuase they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redifine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Any help would be great.

I am having problems when I try to import my .dat files into mvpedit. This is the error:

Run-Time error '3022':

The changes you requested to the table were not successful becuase they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redifine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Any help would be great.

This is how I got it to work

Load your dynasty.

Run the Exporter.

Put the following .dat files in another folder:

bstats.dat

fbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

lhbstats.dat

pstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

rhbstats.dat

tstat.dat

fbstatsA.dat

fbstatsAA.dat

fbstatsAAA.dat

Remove the "cy-" from the following .dat files:

cy-bstats.dat

cy-fbstats.dat

cy-lhpstats.dat

cy-lhbstats.dat

cy-pstats.dat

cy-rhpstats.dat

cy-rhbstats.dat

cy-tstat.dat

Run MVP edit and import the .dat files from the Dynasty editor folder (includes the .dat files you removed the "cy-" from).

Make your changes, then export from MVPedit back into the Dynasty editor folder.

Replace the "cy-" to .dat files you removed them from.

Put ALL the .dat files you removed back into the Dynasty editor folder.

Import all the .dat files back into your game.

That should do it. Good Luck.

ut he says something about starting a new dynasty? If I do that with my default roster, how will that change the dynasty I am playing now? Hope this statement makes sense.

I'm now having same problem with duplicate names. Not sure why this suddenly started. Ty, might this have anything to do with ver.24? I'd hate to have to restart Dynasty every time.

Well, I download v0.24 early this morning. I was using it all day then just when I'm about to make my final ( :roll: ) edit it starts spitting out the same runtime error '3022' everyone else is getting. Did my free trial run out? {jk} I tried Fenway's suggestion but got a runtime '53'. Now.... if I can only remember what my last edit was... hmmm....

Archived