New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=sea

best move the Mariners have made in the last 2 years. They must have been reading this forum.

That was the biggest "DUH!" move of the year. They actually should have DFA'd his ****. Pineiro is gone after this year and its not like we need anymore bullpen depth. If anything, he makes our pen worse. Woods has been solid in his role this year working 2-4 innings in mop up/LR duty but I think he will get smacked around once hitters get their 2nd and 3rd ABs against him when he's in a starting situation.

It's hard for me to buy the hindsight is 20/20 theory. Even if Reed was great in the minors, he still wasn't worth Freddy. If Bavasi had a brain, he would have tried to replace Freddy with a pitcher (ie Brandon McCarthy).

Actually we got a steal for Freddy in getting 2 (seemingly) future starters. Reed was supposed to be a .300 hitting, high OBP, basestealing OFer if he would have kept in line with his minor league progression. When we dealt for him, he was likened to be a plus version of Mark Kotsay. Olivo was the other player in that deal that was a catalyst. He has/had to the physical tools to be the next Pudge... arm, power, etc. but really took the trade hard and fell apart emotionally. He actually is started to put it together a bit down in Florida.

Fact is, we got what 2 potential top young players for 3 months of Freddy (yes, he was at odds with the front office and would have left via free agency at the end of 2004). You mentioned Brandom McCarthy.. If you remember, when we dealt Freddy, we had supposidly a surplus of young, top of the heap pitchers that were ready to take his spot. Travis Blackley and Clint Nageotte where supposed to be big time young guns. Yeah.. that hasnt worked out yet.

I was a big fan of the Beltre signing, not so much Sexson. I thought we should have gone after Delgado. Safeco is built for left handed power hitters. Sexson's numbers are generally deceiving because he has always hit for power. His downside is he strikes out all the time and isn't great at getting on base.

Truth be told, I think the M's should try and deal him for an arm in the off season. Even if Broussard can't hit lefties, he's still a better option than Sexson flailing at three pitches in the dirt.

Delgada WAS the Mariners first choice but was asking for the moon (16+ mil/per after a down/injured year in Toronto) and was holding out til the end of free agency. The Mariners wanted to get someone in the fold quick. Rumor had it, they offered similar contracts to both Delgado and Sexson and said 'whoever takes it first...'. It was sort of a no brainer for Sexson since he is from here anyway and Delgado, at the time, wouldn't come off of his -16 mil per year- demands. I do agree though that if the Ms can get some decent return for Richie, they should deal him this offseason. Hey, maybe we should call Arizona and ask for thier entire starting infield ala Milwaukee Brewers. lol.

It seems like Washburn might be coming around, but unless he wins 20 a year, he's not worth that kind of money. It's frustrating as a fan because the M's have no creativity when it comes to improving. They figure if they throw enough money around, something will pan out.

If we're going to suck, I think we're better off building up our farm system and promoting guys within than wasting millions on over priced talent.

But back to the reason for this forum, your two new cyberfaces are unreal. I can't believe it only took you 15 minutes for the Sherrill face. You have a gift. I can't wait to install the new faces.

Washburn is the least of our worries. Sure he is getting overpaid but at least he is on the field producing. Im sure glad we have him instead of Burnett/Pavano/Wright. Man, I never thought I would ever say I would rather have Jarrod freaking Washburn instead of Burnett.. but its kind of hard to contribute if you don't lace em up.

Thanks for the praise on the faces. the Sherrill face was one of those surpisingly easy ones. Though I look back and see that I should have sharpened it up a little since the texture looks a little muddy. Eh, not sure that is worth an update though.

Nice little debates we have going here. Maybe we should transition this thread into a Mariners Fan thread.. :wink:

Hey thr, how do you think Lowe will bounce back because he looked terrible last night, trying way too hard. I hope he can comeback strong and not pull a Guardado.

Lowe was playing threw some pain and has is going to be DL'd (rightfully so). They need to really take it easy with Soriano and Lowe the rest of the way out because we have no shot to win anything this year. Cha Baek is going to get a call up Im hearing so that is a good thing. Cruceta should get a look as well IMO really soon.

Wow the Ms are horrible.

We need one but I think every Mariners fan on this site is here right now. All 3 of us.

make it four....

by the way thr33niL, if it seriously takes you 15 minutes to make a face like that, then you kick ass. if you ever get around to it, i'd like to throw this request in the hat to see if you could ever make one of jay buhner and norm charlton. i've tried and quite frankly, i've learned that i should stick to portraits and uniforms only. probably has something to do with the quality of the pictures, but that seems to be the best i can find.

The front office has to seriously be the biggest *** holes I have ever seen for trading Moyer. If you trade him at least try to get something in return. That [naughty word] me off big time. He has done so much for the city, at least let him finish his career there.

Yah, its going to be beyond weird to see Jamie in another uni. Almost like it was when I saw Junior in a Reds uni for the first time. I don't know if it was a move to get Jamie in a situation where he could feasably win or what but we didn't get much at all for him. Baldwin is the definition of a scrub and Barb is a decent bullpen arm but 10 light years from sniffing the bigs.

We gave Jamie away for nil.

Homer, those pics are way too small. The texture would seriously look like crapola. You can get away with making portraits out of pics that small, but a cyber face would look pretty awful. Theres gotta be some better pics out there of Bone and the Sheriff. I will see if I can find any...

====

For kicks I thought I would try and give Ichiro a makeover... Heres what I came up with..

ichironl2.jpg

...the left is the original low-rez EA version and the right is my re-textured version. I gotta say, it aint much different. I can see why no one has re-done Ichiro to this point... EA pretty much nailed it.

The Mariners do pretty decent against the Yankees, and we don't know what we are gonna get tomorrow because Jeff Karstens is making his MLB debut. Who do you guys have starting for the series?

And nice job thr33nil, I can see a difference and it's better.

Just wanted to let you know that there are way more (than three) Mariner fans at this site that I just discovered, which is a wealth of information on prospects, and analysis/opinions of seemingly everything Mariner from some guys who really know their stuff. Check of the Player Of The Days to see what I'm talking about. On a side note, I have tickets to Red Sox at The Safe on Friday, and I'm hoping to a good game at least, if not a win. They got absolutely murdered by NY This weekend.

http://www.detectovision.com/

PS - I love the Felix face

I'm with you on the Jamie deal. How sad is it that Ichiro is the only regular from the 2001 team?

On a brighter note, Woods pitched an awesome game yesterday. I don't think it's a coincidence that Rene was catching.

thr33niL, any chance you can make a Woods cyberface?

The Ichiro update looks great. You take everything to another level.

I'd like a Woods face too but I can manage with a generic because he has the most average face I have ever seen. If there was a guy who you could use a generic face for he's it. On another note I have a feeling the M's might get swept again seeing that the Yankee's just took 5 from the Red Sox and last time I checked the Mariners haven't signed Fransico Liriano. Another long series :(

I partially agree with you on the Woods face. He is pretty generic looking. But I'm sure there are a handful of other players in the league just as generic looking, who have their own cyberfaces.

I'm going to tomorrow night's game and if big boobs Hargrove is still manager, he is going to face the fury from this disgruntled fan. I'll be sitting 6 rows above the M's dugout, so he'll definitely hear the rath.

The question now is who do I despise more - Payrod or Hargoon???

Hey thr33nil, I like your Ichiro better than the EA one, you got rid of the bags under his eyes and sharpened up the eyelids.

Yeah, but I was suprised in that I completely redid his whole face and the difference is negligable. Thanks all the same.

Well, let's place a little wager. Who will be the next Mariner to be traded who should not be. My list of guys that should be gone are Mateo, Piniero, Meche, Morse, and Washburn but I bet anything that Ibanez will be traded as well as Sexson. The M's thinking is if they are old (over 30) they have no need for them so Johjima better watch his back. Wow, these guys are terrible. To make my point $5 that Ibanez is dealed in the off-season.

I partially agree with you on the Woods face. He is pretty generic looking. But I'm sure there are a handful of other players in the league just as generic looking, who have their own cyberfaces.

I'm going to tomorrow night's game and if big boobs Hargrove is still manager, he is going to face the fury from this disgruntled fan. I'll be sitting 6 rows above the M's dugout, so he'll definitely hear the rath.

The question now is who do I despise more - Payrod or Hargoon???

Hargrove needs to have his finger ripped from the socket because that is the only way to simulate the pain he has inflicted in every Mariner fan. I still boo A-Rod but it isn't his fault we lost 10 in a row (soon to be 16 with the Yankees and Sox).

Just thinking about Hargrove pisses me off. I can't wait to verbally assault him tonight. If he's smart, he'll send Rafy Chaves out to sub pitchers.

I agree with Ken Rosenthal, Hargrove should have been fired yesterday. He is the worst manager in M's history. I'd even take a coked out Maury Wills over Hargoon.

I know the M's issues have nothing to do with Pay-Rod. I just feel like it's my civic duty to let him know how much of a soulless sellout he is.

So let's wish the M's luck as they embark on their 12th straight loss.

Archived