Sacramento Capitals

NYM

Do you think this is a good idea?  

24 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Well, as we all know, I had that "Total Organization" idea a while back, and it kind of never happened. Well I'm making my own organization. (this is the never before seen mod in MVP history...mod)

Team Name: Sacramento Capitals

Team Colors: Black and Red

What I need is people to help me do this. I was going to do it myself, but there are two many things to be done, and I didn't know how to do some things. There are job openings for this mod. Anyone involved will get full credit for the first mod of it's kind.

JOB OPENINGS

- Rosters. I asked Totte if he and UR can come up with rosters. I'm still waiting for him to get back to me.

Stadium: (someone who wan't to create a brand new stadium, I don't want to use the A's stadium)

BTW: I'm replacing the A's.

Audio: I need someone to help with audio. Changing crowd chants that might have A's stuff, announcers, stadium names, etc.

Graphics: This means taking anything involving the A's logos, uniform selcts screens, etc out of the game and inserting the SC logos.

Uniforms: I plan on doing the uniforms myself, unless KC wants to do them. (I hope so.......)

Anything else I didn't mention please tell me, and I'll add it to the job openings.

First come first serve!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyber faces would be great. I think it would be horrible if we had the same faces over and over again.

Also I forgot to mention this team is going to be bad. I mean minor league bad. There is going to be one five star rookie ace, and one Ryan Howard type hitter, and thats it. No one else would be good. The whole point of this is so that you can rebuild and have fun with a franchise, so you don't have to use the Royals anymore.

This would be replacing the A's. Its as if the A's were never a franchise in the MLB. They never existed, and this team is brand new, moving into the city.

The reason for choosing the A's is that I'm sick of playing in the NL as the Mets, and I never get a chance to play in AL stadiums or AL teams.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason for choosing the A's is that I'm sick of playing in the NL as the Mets, and I never get a chance to play in AL stadiums or AL teams.

Because that's the team it's going to replace. I had to use a team from the West because you can't add or remove teams from a division. Plus, one team had to be removed. The A's are being replaced, and thats just the way it is.

I'm not using the A's roster because this isn't the A's. The whole point of this was to make a team from scratch. It's as if the A's never existed before. Everyone on the A's will be dumped into free agency.

Now, if you wanted to do the mod right, you'd have one forum member take each of the 29 other teams and so they can decide who they protect and who they leave out. Use the same rules as the 1998 expansion.

I'd totally "manage" a team.

Well it would have to be a West Coast team. There would be no sense in putting the Sacramento Capitals in the AL or NL East now would it?

Sounds like a good idea though. I'd probably need an installer.

Archived