Moderator Contest

Yankee4Life

To be more tactful, my thought is that someone who overtly wants to be a moderator is usually not the kind of person that makes a good moderator, if you get what I mean.

I understand where you are coming from, and actually agree with you. Hopefully though, the pretenders will be weeded out, and I believe there are a few good members who would actually do a really good job.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the dumbest idea since making Moose a moderator.

Maybe appointing Moose as a moderator was a mistake. What I do not understand is why you have to rag on the idea. This is supposed to be a chance for one member to see the other side of the site. Do not think for a second that the winner can run rampant and lock any thread or ban who ever he or she wants. Moderators moderate. Administrators still have the final say.

Well, in all due respect, if I joined before 2006, I wouldn't really want to enter the competition (and assuming I was rightly respected around the community) because I'd feel I wouldn't really like to "prove myself" - I'd rather the other mods and admins appoint me. Just my :twocents:

I kind of hope someone will write a 4,000 word, really controversial and/or rebellious essay. Still, this should be fun. In fact, I'll congratulate the winner right now now: Congratulations on being the new moderator. (hoo-ray)

Well, in all due respect, if I joined before 2006, I wouldn't really want to enter the competition (and assuming I was rightly respected around the community) because I'd feel I wouldn't really like to "prove myself" - I'd rather the other mods and admins appoint me. Just my :twocents:

I kind of hope someone will write a 4,000 word, really controversial and/or rebellious essay. Still, this should be fun. In fact, I'll congratulate the winner right now now: Congratulations on being the new moderator. (hoo-ray)

Thank you for your 2 cents. In all due respect, you have proven that your title is well deserved.

• 2 weeks later...

when will finalists be announced?

Good question man! I guess it is going to depend on when the staff reads the submission entries by the people, posts their vote, and then we move on to the second and final stage, the trivia questions concerning this website.

My guess is it would be less than a week.

Archived