Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't you just take 5 or 10 minutes and forward the pms we sent to you? Whatever, I guess I'll just forward it myself and I urge mrmet, hiheat, or anybody else to do the same if they still have them to Sean O and Pirate. I think there may have been another judge, but I forget who. Why don't the judges personally rank their stadiums by their favorite, and then we'll just have an "unofficial" winner. (Or, we can make it official and ask an admin to give the winner a "Stadium Contest Winner" title/tag or whatever.)

I may not have experience, but i know a good stadium when i see one, considering that fact that i wish tio be an architect, i would like to be a judge. Do no take my age into consideration. I am a huge baseball fan, and i know a good stadium. and i know im not gonna pic a stadium that's somewhat like Oakland's Colleseum .

And you can only vote once anyway. That would make sense, so say there are three stadium entries. So, the judges would rank each one from 1-3, 3 being the best, so it could translate to "points." So if there's two judges, they would each rank them, and then we would then have a public poll, and the winner of the poll would get 3 points, last 1 point, etc. In otherwords, you would have 3 categories of points, with the winner being the one with the most points. In case of a tie... either take in another special judge to decide, or live with it and have co-winners.

I'll see what the staff has to say, but i'll be happy to take over the contest. We'll see if anyone else volunteers to be a judge. Pirate would be a great choice, but he's been kinda absent as of late.

I'll keep you all informed, along with info on how to re-submit.

Typical NYM. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

No. I set a due date, when this project was still gaining steam. If I didn't have to keep pushing it back, I could've judged it. It's not my fault people can't give in there work on the due date given. Of course, people want the date back, want the date back, and then the due date comes, and I get two entries. What the hell am I supposed to do with that?

If people would've kept up with there end of the deal, I would have as well. I can't sit around and wait for people.

No. I set a due date, when this project was still gaining steam. If I didn't have to keep pushing it back, I could've judged it. It's not my fault people can't give in there work on the due date given. Of course, people want the date back, want the date back, and then the due date comes, and I get two entries. What the hell am I supposed to do with that?

If people would've kept up with there end of the deal, I would have as well. I can't sit around and wait for people.

That's right, nothing is ever your fault. All of your projects that were never released, everything else, it's never because of you.

The judge thing is being worked on, but since I wasn't expecting to take over the entire project, I'm trying to fit it into the schedule. I'll be back with you all soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, here's what you do. Send your entries to:

eyerishman34 @ yahoo.com

and

jaredhartung @ gmail.com

Send whatever you believe will best represent your stadium, along with the writeup if you have written one. I will, however, need dimensions.

As a suggestion, I would like the following if possible:

1). A plan (bird's eye, straight down) view

2). A perspective shot showing both the exterior and the field behind the plate

3). A view from the outfield looking into the seating bowl.

4). Any other views or details you feel necessary.

In the title of the e-mail, put Stadium Design Contest entry, then your MVP screen name.

Thanks for your patience as we try tio get this back on track.

I have only recieved one entry so if you are in please send it on to jaredhartung@gmail.com as it is stated above.

Likewise, I haven't received any. So, if you have sent already, send it to both again, and if you haven't, please do so quickly. I'm going away for a few days, but I really want to get this rolling.

thanks.

just sent you mine this morning seano. check your email.

edit: judging by the time of yalls posts, i guess i was the one person that sent his. my bad...

edit: wow im an idiot. i sent mine to pirate thinking it was sean o and i didnt see the two emails. okay, now both of yall should have my submission. ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, seano, with all of this stadium talk, have you and pirate picked a winner of this contest? who cares if there are only two or three submissions? you could even create a poll on this thread or something. i just dont think its fair for the people who actually finished their stadiums not to get a final judgement.

Archived