Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to agree there, but I wasn't sure if that was structurally possible.
Good point.

Aaah, screw structure. At any rate, you could at least make the lower half or third glass, just so it's not completely blocked out from all outside contact.

Update on my stadium. I added the beginning of the entrance to the stadium. This entrance pays tribute to Brooklyn baseball with a modern Ebbets Field rotunda. I know some things don't look right/complete, and that is simply because I have so much more work to do.

untitled2sh5.jpg

untitled1oc4.jpg

untitlednz4.jpg

I love the roof, but is there anything you can do to keep your sightlines in the outfield. I don't know, maybe add like pillars or something to see through. I'm not sure what would work.

-- That is a wall out there, right? It's hard to tell from this angle.

what do you mean? sorry im a bit brain dead right now :p

Here's a Crazy idea.......

fantasystadiumyh0.jpg

Oh, no way. I just had a dream about a stadium exactly like this. We just got artificial turf installed at our local stadium, and I dreamed that they added a section on the back exactly like that and people could stand on ground level in the middle there and see both sides. What a coincidence, not exactly a standard design is it? :-p

Another cool idea I thought of is an in-ground stadium. The playing field would be way below ground level and the top of the seating just below ground level. A retractable roof would be on ground level. Passersby could look down onto the game - really far down.

EDIT: Apparently I like the word(s) ground level. :lol:

-dan

Yeah, something like that, only you'd also probably have to divide the glass into sections and draw some metal-like supports.

That would sound good to me.

That's a really cool idea... I hope someone tries it out. (nudge nudge, wink, wink, dan)

That is an awesome idea - So I'll add a shove on to the end of that too!

That would be cool. Although, you're probably not going to get much scenery, just a lot of murky water and a few big, ugly fishes. oh well.

Well of course 1.2 million of the stadium's cost is for installing a huge aquarium behind it..do I have ideas or what?!

Archived