Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked columns, as they add an austere, dignified quality to a structure. Something to consider, you might want to put either small statues or plaques on each as monuments to past team or city greats.
Good idea! I think I'll use them for the retired numbers. BTW, I also connected a monorail station directly to the ballpark, you literally step out of the train and into the little padio area leading into the ballpark. That's the name I decided on - "Fields [as in the last name] Field". Just a random play on words...

screen55.jpg

I know, I wish we could, but there's really no way of doing that, conceivably you could do try to replicate it in OEdit, but that would take a really, really long time.

Screw Oedit. The future is Zmod you can create anything you want in that program. Once you get the hang of it it isn't that hard to replicate any of the stadiums Iv'e seen so far except maybe the pinball park and swimming pools.

You guys are pretty good at 3d modeling in Google sketchup. I definitely know it's all possible now to see ingame.

hey abc, where did you get your seating texture?
download Dodger Stadium, and then go to the paint category "in model", select "details" (the arrow), and then "save library as..." into the google sketchup folder > materials folder. Open your stadium, load the library, and select the seat texture. Viola.

rolie, what does Zmod do?

rolie, what does Zmod do?

In a nut shell, zmod does everything oedit can't do.

Oedit wasn't made for large scale projects. You couldn't create parts or edit them in a feasible way. In Zmod you have total control of all your parts. You can create any part from scratch and remap it. Oedit only allowed moving parts already made without the freedom of creating or deleting anything.

All these projects are quite possible but I guess it depends on how crazy you are and if you really want to take the time to learn the hundred steps. Some, if not all, of these stadiums would look awesome in game.

In a nut shell, zmod does everything oedit can't do.

Oedit wasn't made for large scale projects. You couldn't create parts or edit them in a feasible way. In Zmod you have total control of all your parts. You can create any part from scratch and remap it. Oedit only allowed moving parts already made without the freedom of creating or deleting anything.

All these projects are quite possible but I guess it depends on how crazy you are and if you really want to take the time to learn the hundred steps. Some, if not all, of these stadiums would look awesome in game.

So you can somehow import things from zmod into mvp baseball?

So you can somehow import things from zmod into mvp baseball?

yes, it's a long process at first but I recreated most of dodger stadium that way. Using guides from actual stadium does make it a possible. If you check out my beta all those parts were recreated and remapped to accomplished what I wanted.

Little update on my stadium, i extended some of the outside walls and added a couple more entrances, i also added a new roof for the main entrance and a score board behind the home plate area, and i added a team store near the main entrance.

PS: I need to verify the due date, when is it?

Archived