Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Marlins are looking for a retractable roof, so that could be added, here's some drawings some plans that got shot down.

http://capefish.blogspot.com/2006/02/ballp...ign-review.html

I'm not surprised. HOK actually does something relatively inventive, modern, and not a clone of camden, and nobody likes it, though it was also probably extremely expensive.

BTW, NYM, what do you mean by "location"? Does that mean how good the view is of the Brooklyn Bridge, or what?

Better yet, put the pool in the field of play. Sure it would be a health hazard but who cares about health and safety anyways. I guess if the ball goes into the pool then it would be a ground rule double, or you could just give the fielders fishing nets.

First, open Google Earth and go to the location you want the stadium to go. Then open your stadium in Sketchup. If you click on the tools tab and go down to Google Earth there will be an option to "Get current view". Click this and a black and white image of what was on your Google Earth window will appear beneath your stadium. Place your stadium on the image and then press the place model option under Google Earth in the tool tab. When you go back into Google Earth you should see your stadium.

ok i think im going to have to pull out... i just cant create the effects that i want to, unless i have photoshop. but i ran out of my free trail and im going to get the full version on september 29, which i believe is past the deadline... hopefully someone will create another contest like this one, it has been very exciting...

ps. if you want to push the deadline a bit back... please do so!!!

ok i think im going to have to pull out... i just cant create the effects that i want to, unless i have photoshop. but i ran out of my free trail and im going to get the full version on september 29, which i believe is past the deadline... hopefully someone will create another contest like this one, it has been very exciting...

ps. if you want to push the deadline a bit back... please do so!!!

Dude get GIMP.

Wrigleyville, I'm sorry you can't continue with your stadium. If you would like, you can be our 2nd of 3 judges.

We already have one judge in HFLR, and if you would like you can be our second.

I'm saving the 3rd position for Sean O just incase he wants to judge.

dude then i have to basically start over from sractch trying to get familiar with everything, unlike photoshop
GIMP takes .psd files, and it's not dramatically different from photoshop, same basic concept, I wouldn't say you can't continue, I can't imagine GIMP's so different that you can't work at all, it might just take a bit of getting used to it.

Was that all one sentence? Wow, yeah, it was.

Archived