Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well im debating the mets are the rangers right now

the mets bc they need a new ballpark and according to seano citi field aint goin to cut it

the rangers bc even though their ballpark is pretty cool and only 13 years old, something needs to be done about the wind channel it creates to right center (causes a lot of hrs) and it has terrible blindspots from the filed and the jumbo tron. i also want to put it in the smack dab middle of dallas

also, if its for the rangers, ill add a retractable roof bc games are ridiculously hot and ac will increase attendance

This contest has taken place before, but never really got organized.

I invite everyone to submit a design for a baseball stadium. It must be a Major League stadium, it must follow MLB dimension rules, and it must have a representing home team.

You can draw it on paper, make a 3D model, or if you are crazy, make a O-edit model.

All stadiums when entered, will go in a head to head contest, following the format of the sig competitions. The winner will be awarded a signature and if the admins allow it, a Stadium Contest Design Winner tag.

All Stadiums must be entered to me by Wednesday September 12 at 11:59 PM ET.

im pretty sure it has to be for a mlb team :p

HiHeat wins automaticlly just because no one showed there process.

*AS far as i seen

yeah, i wish

it actually took me forever to make this (see below) bc i was a "rookie" at this program. anyways when i saw this contest i picked it back up and made three decks in very little time, i would say3-4 hours total from below till now.

t_mlb_bp_copy_759.jpg

This is what I've got so far (NOTE: I only started using sketchup 5 days back, so any tips on how to use the program or improve my ballpark would be greatly appreciated)

Aerial view:

aerial.jpg

View from luxury boxes (not inside, but at):

luxurybox.jpg

Scoreboard from first base side on field level:

scoreboard.jpg

Diamondvision from third base side on field level:

diamondvision.jpg

View of field over tower antenna:

tower.jpg

Right field bleachers:

rightfieldbleachers.jpg

does a building in left and a pool in the right field foul bleachers remind u of anyone elses stadium? jk, it doesnt look anything like mine. may i make two suggestions though? it looks like the stadium could seat 100,000+ judging from the aerial view so if u make the upper deck a little skinnier (like the first decks width) and add a hitters backdrop, youll be looking pretty good.

good job and i really like the building

wow ok this 3Ding isnt going well. i have finially been able to create the diamond... heck yes, but i dont know how the make the stuff in 3d. when i go to a different view, it is just a line put on paper rather than it being 3d. i went on youtube and searched google sketchup stadiums. and the most useful one is when some guy makes a soccer stadium, yet there is annoying music, and he seems to fastfoward through the process, so you cant even see what buttons he is clicking on... so can someone give a link to a good tutorial? i have been on google sketchup help and i doesnt help at all. i am really looking for a video tutorial

Archived