Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll still try to get the file in well before the deadline, since most of the park itself was done prior to the contest announcement.

This also gives me a bit more time to refine my ideas. I think I'm going to extend the Gropius-type exterior architecture to, instead of being plain black, more of a De Stijl type of red, black and white. Also, at nighttime, there are lights in each support structure, to create an interactive, revolving light show over the exterior.

More images forthcoming as construction continues.

how do i change from the flat 2d view to 3d perspective that you get to choose from when you first load up the program

i assume u mean on chief architect and if not, here are tips for u ca users

near the right of the tool bar there are two camera icons. the left has your better choices. by dragging an arrow u can get a person's perspective and by clicking the floor or total overview you can get looks at the whole project.

i just read about the free trial of chief architect. u cant save, export, use the library, or stay on for more than 4 hours at a time.

its pretty much useless for this competition

i would say use sketchup if u really want a 3d model. sorry for wasting some of yalls time. luckily the due date is a month from now.

wow these are nice. i have been looking at these for a couple of days so i decided to give the google sketch a try. im no where close to as good as you guys but just for fun i tried it.

stadium.jpg

How deep are those dimensions?

Archived