Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was trying to use it yesterday

base one of of a stadium i found in the 3d model warehouse

pushed back the walls from 295 to 310 along rf and 285 to 330 down lf. added rf wall up to 80 ft tall with nice ritzy restaurant with glass windows at top of wall and made lf wall 30 ft. looked really nice. added a upperdeck bullpen with stairs going down to the field. not gonna post it though cuz it is copyright because i built off of someones own design

well, now i dont think im going to post one, cause sketchup is just too complecated, and i could a stadium by hand (in perspective, i was in advanced art :) ) but the quality wouldnt be nearly as good as a computer generated one

It's not really about the technical skill, it's the ability to express your ideas. As long as you can do that, it's all that counts.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who would prefer unique ideas to perfect execution.

this stupid sketch crap is so annoying!!! i cant make the stupid diamond, and cant find a useful tutorial

For what it's worth now, there are tutorials under the help tab. Both self paced and video tutorials.

I hope you have better luck with your drawing.

hiheat-

Reverse PNC in the dimensions, yeah? Like the windows in left, though I would imagine many people beyond first or third in the lower deck would have a hard time seeing the plate without torquing their necks.

Nice job.

heres my "naked" stadium. it still needs an exterior, a finished warning track, and some more detail. top is a birds eye view and the bottom is the view facing LF. tell me it wouldnt be fun to hit one off those windows!

hiheat you done any stadium mods? looks like you could be capable of making one. You seem very detail orientated. It would be sweet if you could make your dream a reality, in game at least.

hiheat-

Reverse PNC in the dimensions, yeah? Like the windows in left, though I would imagine many people beyond first or third in the lower deck would have a hard time seeing the plate without torquing their necks.

Nice job.

man, seano, u really know your ballparks. i wouldve never guessed it looked like a reverse pnc until u mentioned it and i definitely wasnt going for that, but oh well. and about the seats past first and third, since im using texture to create the seats (my comp cant handle extreme detail), it would be a pain to put them at a slant towards home. if i have time towards the deadline i might change it. thanks for the input and cant wait to see yours, it sounds pretty cool.

and wrigley, if u get chief architect, ill gladly send u my infield template and textures (like adds, seats, windows etc)

and rolie, i havent tried o-edit or whatever the program is called yet and now that the school year has started, i probably wont have time to try it for a while. i might try it around christmas though and definitely by next summer.

Well I tried out Google Sketchup and I'm pretty much recreated what I drew earlier in this thread. This is left field, and the glass in center is a restaurant/batters eye.

This is an WIP and I didnt even finish the restaurant, the bullpens (inside the LF wall, pictured), and the rest of the stadium.

untitled1lc3.jpg

man, seano, u really know your ballparks. i wouldve never guessed it looked like a reverse pnc until u mentioned it and i definitely wasnt going for that, but oh well. and about the seats past first and third, since im using texture to create the seats (my comp cant handle extreme detail), it would be a pain to put them at a slant towards home. if i have time towards the deadline i might change it. thanks for the input and cant wait to see yours, it sounds pretty cool.

and wrigley, if u get chief architect, ill gladly send u my infield template and textures (like adds, seats, windows etc)

and rolie, i havent tried o-edit or whatever the program is called yet and now that the school year has started, i probably wont have time to try it for a while. i might try it around christmas though and definitely by next summer.

thanks but im a little fed up with school so i dont know if i will even have time to create a computer generated one.

for people that dont think they have the ability to enter this contest and want to, heres an easy way to submit a ballpark: draw it on graph paper with one square being 30x30 ft. you know the base paths are 90 ft so thats a square with one side being 3 graph squares. also, 11 squares down the line from home is 330 ft and thats an ideal distance for a fence. 400 ft is about 9 diagonals from home but im not completely sure. anyways, i posted a pic with my planned bp and i used the same strategy as i mentioned b4 (u really cant see the graph paper lines though). even though mine is a draft, if i added color, a little more detail, and a description of the features, it could be used as a quality submission. ive drawn up many bps on graph paper, the possibilities are endless.

645s461.jpg

also, u like the new texture for the grass?

I've made a lot of progress, finally figured out how to do curved tiers, so I'm almost done with that. Here's some screen shots of some stuff I've added:

View from CF looking towards right

screen21.jpg

Back entrance with big window looking into the field

screen22.jpg

Double-decker bullpen on the left and restaraunt in CF on the right

screen23.jpg

Archived