Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Flim, nice stadium first off.... this is off topic, but I was looking at your picture of your stadium and noticed that your start menu was black with an orange start button, and I was wondering what you used to do that? Im getting bored of my blue one.

Major progress, finished the tiers behind homeplate, added bleachers in left field. That's a clock in the main entrance, and from CF you see a manual scoreboard for the people in the bleachers. Speaking of scoreboards, I have no idea where the big scoreboard's going to go, perhaps I'll take out the restaurant and move the bullpen to the left, or put it in left field behind the bleachers, but that's a bad view from everyone else and kind of obstructed. Any advice? I also have to add the pressbox, below the top tier behind home, somehow...

screen31.jpg

screen32.jpg

ABC-

nice work, very classic feel. One thing I would change is the infield upper deck, which is so narrowly angled the people would have virtually no view of the field.

Also, you might want to consider something for the batter's eye, which might be a good place for your bullpens.

Other than that, good job.

thanks angryrat! Sean O, I tried to make the lower tier have more seats than the upper one, but now I realize that you're right that it isn't quite steep enough. I just hope I can correct it without wrecking the whole stadium. The thing about the dimensions of the stadium is that there really isn't any room for the batter's eye, at least not directly aligned with the field, because there's no part of CF that's straight to home plate, it's kind of more facing to third base. Then again I could just make it at a slight angle where the dead CF bleachers are, it won't make too much difference, and then add the screen above it, like in Yankee Stadium, and add an upper tier in LF to make up for the lost seating in CF. I think I just answered my own question. :)

A little sneak preview of the park structure itself.

portlandnewmaster2na5.th.jpg

Dimensions:

Corners: 330'

Corners, end of curve: 380'

Alley: 390'

CF: 420'

The aux. buildings are being redesigned, along with the grounds of the park. The curtain wall supports also haven't been added to the exterior, but should be going up soon.

This competition is starting to hot up. Too many great designs (mine being the bast of course... Just kidding) to choose from. I feel sorry for whoever ends up having to pick a winner.

I'm wondering if anybody is submitting a hand drawn design. If so it might be a good idea to set up a seperate catagory for hand drawn and computer generated designs.

ok just incounter another quesion, how to do get/put avertisements in you ballpark?

Find a picture of the advertisement you want, save it to your pictures folder or wherever is most handy, go to the file tab in Sketchup and selct import. You should then be able to find your picture in the file where you saved it and then place it in your design.

Archived