Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many little structural problems with mine it's not even funny... I mean, yes, of course, I will! I really don't see anything wrong with my stadium, it's really quite perfect! :D:D:D:D

It's not about technical proficiency, it's about expressing ideas to form a cohesive whole. I could whip up a generic seating bowl in Vectorworks in 15 minutes and have it look gorgeous, but it doesn't mean the park would be interesting or worthwhile.

Here's a good guide, to at least what I like to see in a park: think of what it'd be like to walk through the place. Say you have an upper deck seat, how do you get there? Say you are coming from long away, or down the block, how do you arrive at the stadium in the first place? Are the concourses wide enough to handle the traffic? Are they under the seating, or are they open, so you can see the field from anywhere?

The more things you consider, the better the overall product will be.

When judging a stadium, it comes down to several factors for me. Below is the list as a fan, not taking into account my impressions of the actual field of play and architecture.

Experience before entering the game:

How do you arrive?

Public transportation is it available for offsite parking?

Where do you park?

What is available outside, restaurants, bars museums, pro shops etc.

Where are the ticket windows?

Can I walk around the outside of the park or is it restricted?

Where do players park, so I can meet them?

Experience upon entering/before the game begins:

What do you see at the main entrance?

For example: Chase Field you see the World Championship trophy and a history of Arizona. At PNC you have the Honus Wagner statue. At Jacob’s Bob Feller. All have escalators at the front to transport folks.

Where on the field do you enter? Centerfield, home, third base line?

Where are the bathrooms and how many?

Is smoking allowed? Where?

Concessions. What is offered and where. Are there a lot of hot dog and beer joints?

How close to the field can a fan get?

How do you get to your seat?

How wide are the concourses?

Once game starts what is it like to watch from my seat

How are my site lines?

How far away is the farthest seat?

How tall are the infield walls? Can I bend over and get a foul ball?

Where are the bullpens? Can I heckle the pitchers? Can I see who is warming up?

Where are the dugouts? Can I rest my feet on the roof?

How far does the backstop net extend?

How many levels of seating?

Where is the or are the scoreboard/scoreboards. Video board location out of town scoreboard, pitch count/speed etc.

heres a few updates on mine including a better roof texture and poster of nolan ryan u can barely see on the left side of the center field building (i will add all of the rangers hall of famers there).

oh yeah, this is for the texas rangers if u havent noticed

52z66fc.jpg

Archived