Stadium Design Contest

NYM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come up with a way that I think is fair in selecting a winner.

Like in the sig competitions, two stadiums will go head to head in a forum vote. Then there will be three judges that will grade the stadium on a scale of 1-5 on creativity, orginality, location, seating (no blocked views), and the overall grade of the stadium.

The grade of 1-5 for each category will be added onto the forum votes and that is how the winner will be decided.

For example:

The judges give me a 3 creativity, 5 on orginality, 2 on location, 3 on seating and a 4 on the overall grade of the stadium. That gives me a total of 13 out of 25 possible points. Now in the voting I got 11 votes from the people. I add my total number of votes plus the points from the judges and I get a total score of 24.

If you have a higher score then your opponent you win.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Also, preview of the Mets new Stadium in Brooklyn:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7894/untitledom3.jpg

A bit of an update on mine, i am not 100 % on this design yet, i might change the outside of the stadium, BTW i tried doing the roof but it proved to be way too much for me to handle for my experience with the program. Anyways here are the screenshots.

glasscoveredramponoutfield.jpg

Outfield Ramp with glass walls and ceiling.

leftfieldrestaurant.entrance.jpg

Left field restaurant and entrance, plus centerfield walkway.

mainentrance.ramp.jpg

Main entrance plus ramp.

overhead.jpg

Overhead.

I'd say, change the name. Although Holiday Inn Stadium is a realitic name for a stadium, it's certainly not the most attractive name. If there's one thing I hate about modern ballparks it's corporate sponsord names. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Ok, before I go through and give the pros and cons of each stadium, I wanted to give an idea of what I feel is required in a good park, and some things to consider in a brief write-up alongside the images.

To provide ideas to anyone wishing to include a writeup for their proposal, here's a rough version of what my submission would have been:

Portland Memorial Stadium

Sean O

---------------------------------

Seating: 50,000

Dimensions:

Corners: 330'

Corners, end of curve: 380'

Alley: 390'

CF: 420'

Fences: 72"

---------------------------------

Portland Memorial Stadium is a modern ballpark designed to serve the franchise and fans equally throughout its lifespan. The team has a unique structure that has been designed to be highly malleable over time, and utilizing the most advanced technology currently available. The exterior architecture is uncluttered yet attention-grabbing; simple yet beautiful, and completely sets the park apart from any before.

The exterior is comprised of six 13.5' glass concourses that snake in and out of the structure. Curtain walls provide the physical structure for the exterior, while each support comprises LCD lights, allowing the serpentine structure to continuously change its appearance, in an interactive or pre-set pattern.

Additionally, 4 support buildings surround the main stadium complex, filled with team offices (providing a superior workspace for all facets of the franchise), restaurants, VIP lounges, and open space to provide a feeling of freedom to the fans, in addition to the countless amenities. Between and surrounding the support structures and stadium lie acres of gardens and lakes/rivers to integrate the complex with Portland's beautiful natural landscape.

Fans benefit from 100% sightlines of the field, meaning you will never miss a single second of the action from any seat in the park. Each seat is individually rotated to mound, meaning you'll never twist your neck to see a play. The cantilevered upper deck extends as close to the field as possible, without blocking off views of the last row of the lower deck. Microscopic foul ground places the fans closer than any park in the league, while the fluid seating bowl hugs the foul line like no other.

Arrive the day of the game and want to move closer? Use your web-capable phone to access our website, where you'll see special day-of upgrades depending entirely upon availability. And that's not just for seating, it also goes for concessions, where a simple online order form dispatches a server with your food. No more missing a play because of long lines.

Season ticket holders have never had an easier time getting in and out of the park. Pull into the season ticket holder only parking lot, swipe your ID once at the entrance, and a convenient members only entrance takes you right into the park.

Luxury box owners and high-rollers have unprecedented options when attending the game. Before the first pitch, experience any of our VIP lounges outside the stadium, with your own personal entrance. Then, move across the raised walkway to the ballpark, to your luxury suite, or your specially-designed box at field level.

Getting in and out of the park has never been easier. Public transportation takes you right to the front gate, while the underground parking garages help the environment while keeping your car safe from the elements. After the game, just hop on the expressway and you're out before you know it.

Portland Memorial Stadium places baseball at the forefront, but with an exceptional, unrivaled level of comfort and beauty. You will never look at attending a baseball game the same way again.

Yeah, it's an ongoing project. Since I got my new cat and finally got a PS2 I haven't had much interest in drafting, but it's slowly coming along.

Mainly, I wanted to show what can be done with a few words alongside the images. For my model, I would physically draft out the gardens, since those are easy to see, but something like the cell phone upgrades aren't really feasible. Use your judgment, and don't use the writeup as a replacement for something you can't do visually, but it can definitely enhance the final product.

Any suggestions for my stadium?

Wrigleyville i made my scoreboard from scratch basically using fotos of linescores and things that didn't really come from a score board, but i still gotta finish the other scoreboards lol.

The Marlins are looking for a retractable roof, so that could be added, here's some drawings some plans that got shot down.

http://capefish.blogspot.com/2006/02/ballp...ign-review.html

Archived