Stadium Design Contest

NYM

A question for NYM and everyone else involved:

Since I have a good deal of stadium design experience, and believe I have a good idea of what a park should require in terms of sightlines, access, dimensions, references and so on, would it be best if I drop out of the contest to become the official judge?

I'd also be happy to provide suggestions for people prior to the end of the contest on anything I think could be fixed, or something that could be explained away in a brief writeup upon submission.

As much as I'd love to enter, I would be happy to take care of the judging as well. Let me know in your posts.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question for NYM and everyone else involved:

Since I have a good deal of stadium design experience, and believe I have a good idea of what a park should require in terms of sightlines, access, dimensions, references and so on, would it be best if I drop out of the contest to become the official judge?

I'd also be happy to provide suggestions for people prior to the end of the contest on anything I think could be fixed, or something that could be explained away in a brief writeup upon submission.

As much as I'd love to enter, I would be happy to take care of the judging as well. Let me know in your posts.

Yes, I would strongly support that because you'll be a great judge and... you'll tear us all to shreds if you enter. :)

hiheat, what I meant is that my outfield is sort of cluttered in a way that there's a lot going on with different buildings, tiers, scoreboard, etc., while yours seems a little more planned out and organized. Not sure which way I like it. :)

Also, I noticed we have sort of different advertising ideas - you have chevy, I have toyota, you have beer, I have snapple. I'll have to add a Trader Joe's to counter your Wal Mart.

btw, I added a little roof thing to the tower behind home plate and a press box, not sure whether to keep the roof or not, what do you think?

screen42.jpg

note: the little accessories like the lights, trees, benches, etc. are not me, I got them from the sketchup warehouse, and since they don't really have to do with the actual design, more are conceptual additions, I assume they're "legal". I even added a little TV at the entrance:

screen43.jpg

1. go to tinypic.com (or any other image hosting sight)

2. upload image

3. right click on image and select copy image location

4. go to post reply at mvpmods

5. click the mountain looking sqare and paste location in the "enter url" box

make sure your pic is not in a weird format

Yes, I would strongly support that because you'll be a great judge and... you'll tear us all to shreds if you enter. :)

hiheat, what I meant is that my outfield is sort of cluttered in a way that there's a lot going on with different buildings, tiers, scoreboard, etc., while yours seems a little more planned out and organized. Not sure which way I like it. :)

Also, I noticed we have sort of different advertising ideas - you have chevy, I have toyota, you have beer, I have snapple. I'll have to add a Trader Joe's to counter your Wal Mart.

btw, I added a little roof thing to the tower behind home plate and a press box, not sure whether to keep the roof or not, what do you think?

note: the little accessories like the lights, trees, benches, etc. are not me, I got them from the sketchup warehouse, and since they don't really have to do with the actual design, more are conceptual additions, I assume they're "legal". I even added a little TV at the entrance:

[

holy **** dude! that bigben looks wicked. Where'd you got that brick texture? I keep thinking that all these entries are in Zmod and just waiting to be ingame.

Ok, I guess people like the roof of the tower, I'lll keep it.

I browse other stadiums from the 3d warehouse for textures (don't worry, I don't steal anything else but the textures) and I came across that seat texture. The brick is from the textures already installed with the game, I think it's "Brick_Rough_Dark", but they have a few other ones, and a simple google image search might lead you to some you like more.

Hey Flim, nice stadium first off.... this is off topic, but I was looking at your picture of your stadium and noticed that your start menu was black with an orange start button, and I was wondering what you used to do that? Im getting bored of my blue one.

honestly i dont remember. style xp will do somethings for you. but i think i just downloaded that theme from somewhere. i cant remember where from though. its been a while. sorry.

alright, try this:

1. get to the view you want with your ballpark

2. press printscreen with your keyboard

3. open any microsoft office program (i do it with power point)

4. paste it on the first slide and crop it if u want

5. right click and save picture as (save it as jpeg)

or you could just paste it in paint and save.
exactly, that's what i do. midaz, it would be cool if you could take that wall in left and maybe turn it into a retractable roof, always useful in places like Florida, and it would look really cool. Try looking at safeco or minute maid for reference.

honestly i dont remember. style xp will do somethings for you. but i think i just downloaded that theme from somewhere. i cant remember where from though. its been a while. sorry.

Found it!

Zune Theme for Microsoft XP

Also, I found another theme too.

Royal Noir - Microsoft XP Theme

Not to mention a site full of themes to choose from!

WinCustomize

That's all, and keep up the great stadium work guys! I love to check in here to see what new ideas people have come up with.

Sorry guys, I haven't been around because I've been in a tournament in Disney.

Sean O, it's up to you. If you feel like you have the unfair advantage you can drop out, but no one is going to make you.

Yay Disney.

Nothing about an unfair advantage at all, since there really is no clear frontrunner. My guess is however that I spend more time considering stadium theory than nearly anyone else, so I'll be able to pick out some things better on a purely functional level.

So, I'll drop out, but I'll still post some updates about what I'm doing now and then. I'll also be happy to go through the pros and cons to every person who has posted pictures in PM.

Archived