TBS Baseball Overlay

HardcoreLegend

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't have HD in the U.K?

I think some of the cable channels are starting to run it for really big sports events, but it's nowhere near as popular, or as cheap, as it is in the U.S. Add in the fact that most of Britain only watches terrestrial T.V. without purchasing cable as standard, and the price is extortionate. :(

I would have to switch providers just for HD, Directv charges like 300 bucks for a HD signal.
Not true, I got my H20 for free and HD access is only 10 bucks a month until December then it will be 15 a month. Installation has always been free upto 4 rooms too, alright I will quit sounding like a Dtv rep...lol

http://www.optimum.com/io/hdtv/hdtv.jsp

You guys PAY for HD programming?

HD is free with IO, I don't get their service in my part of Brooklyn but the neighborhood two minuets away gets it, doesn't make sense. IO was the best internet service I ever had, I lived in LI for two years and their speeds was the best ever.

Only with satellite you have to pay for the box, installation, hd signal, and the total cost is around $300, Time Warner even has it for free.

Where in NYC are you that you get IO??

HD is free with IO, I don't get their service in my part of Brooklyn but the neighborhood two minuets away gets it, doesn't make sense. IO was the best internet service I ever had, I lived in LI for two years and their speeds was the best ever.

Only with satellite you have to pay for the box, installation, hd signal, and the total cost is around $300, Time Warner even has it for free.

Where in NYC are you that you get IO??

Check out the Choice Extra package on Dtv....54 a month for 4 months then it goes upto 65, 70 HD channels and growing by the end of the year.Free H20 box.

Is it true that LCD's are better for sports because of the fast moving frames compared to plasma which is good for movies? I read so many reviews about that. Also Progressive is better for sports than interlaced.

I think sports look way better on plasma screens. I have a 42in plasma and sports look unbelievable, but my grandpa just got himself a 42in LCD and sports don't look nearly as good. It's LCD's that result in motion blur.

I also remember someone telling me one is better than the other depending on lighting conditions, but I can't remember the details.

Did you record the game in hi-def? If so, is there a chance you recorded Friday's Phillies/Rox game? I am missing the bottom of the 5th inning due to a corrupt disc.

Anyone with that half inning, I'd appreciate it.

I actually found that pic on another forum. But I do have a 60" HD TV that I should probably get a TV tuner card for or something so I can transfer stuff from my DVR to my PC. Any suggestions?

I actually found that pic on another forum. But I do have a 60" HD TV that I should probably get a TV tuner card for or something so I can transfer stuff from my DVR to my PC. Any suggestions?

Well, what cable system do you have? Many of them, you can use a firewire 1394 cable to capture it to the PC.

What forum?

For those who are recording the D-Backs - Cubs game, would it be possible to upload a screenshot of the shot that TBS provided when they were talking about the "Cubs' big 3". They had a shot of Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez and had listed their stats for NLDS. Thank you very much for anyone who can do this. Take care.

For those who are recording the D-Backs - Cubs game, would it be possible to upload a screenshot of the shot that TBS provided when they were talking about the "Cubs' big 3". They had a shot of Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez and had listed their stats for NLDS. Thank you very much for anyone who can do this. Take care.

What inning?

I have Comcast. If you get the Motorola DCT HiDef DVR, you can use the firewire port on your PC (if you have one) and a firewire cable to capture the games.

I am not exactly sure, but it was in the middle innings - like 5th or 6th inning. It was when the Cubs were batting.

I would definitely love to download games to my computer, but I just don't have a HD box installed. I do have a 42" LCD TV and I am planning on getting HD, just not sure if I should get it right away - haven't had a whole lot of time to watch my TV, let alone in HD.

It will be very much appreciated if you could grab that screen for me. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived