Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

Shouldn't that nameplate be arched?

:mellow: Hah. You would tend to think they would have got that right.

I couldn't see the year number in the picture. Was that 2k8 or 2k9 like it looked like? If 2K9, I hope this isn't any type of foreshadowing for anything else.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mellow: Hah. You would tend to think they would have got that right.

I couldn't see the year number in the picture. Was that 2k8 or 2k9 like it looked like? If 2K9, I hope this isn't any type of foreshadowing for anything else.

That would be the screenshot released earlier this week for 2K9. It worries me. We don't have an editor that can fix something like that in MVP, let alone in 2K9.

the "official site" they just launch says nothing about a PC version

http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k9

I hope PC sales for MLB Front Office Manager is not the deciding factor, because that game sucks

but it is very moddable :)

What program are you using to extract the big files? I keep getting an invalid header error when using BigGUI and FinalBig.

This is sooo great. We've been waiting for this for a long time. Now I really have to get a laptop with a better graphics card.

Also, what does this mean for the future of modding MVP 05?

Well if 2K's track record for game crippling bugs continues, I would imagine modding of MVP won't skip a beat!

Well if 2K's track record for game crippling bugs continues, I would imagine modding of MVP won't skip a beat!

But unlike the consoles, 2K can always easily release a patch to fix the PC games. MVP had problems out of the box with the lefty bug in 2004 and the stuttering camera for throws in 2005. Both of these issues were fixed by patches...

But unlike the consoles, 2K can always easily release a patch to fix the PC games. MVP had problems out of the box with the lefty bug in 2004 and the stuttering camera for throws in 2005. Both of these issues were fixed by patches...

I know they can patch a pc game, they big problem would be.... will they. ;)

I miss the old pc sports games where you KNEW they would patch major problems with the game. :p

Consoles have changes a lot since MVP Baseball 2005, Both the PS3 and 360 (if you have a HD) can patch games just as easy as a PC

Teaser #2 will be released any minute!

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205375

A couple of notes from the teaser trailer #2...

When Pena Leads off second, is it just me or does he look like he fell out of High Heat 2004? His arm looks horribly blocky.

The names on the back of the uniforms look horrible.

How do you hit a ball to straight away left field? That's what the announcer said.

Looking at the ESPN post, I see the similarities to NBA 2K9. The NBA menu is a bear to deal with. It barely supports the mouse.

I'm not going to write this game off until I have it in my hands or you all decide it's not worth our time.

just watched the new teaser. Obviously, it's very cinematic, so I guess it's not 100% representative for the actual gameplay, but there are a couple of things I've noticed.

- Crowd interaction was pretty nice. It doesn't seem stale or anything.

- Commentary was very fluid.

- Some face issues (Beckett and Longoria were a little bit off).

- No batting gloves for Longoria, but I suppose you can easily edit that.

- The bat was floating inside the hands a little bit, which might not be very noticable during gameplay.

- I'm not a uniform or stadium expert, but the logo on Beckett's hat was way too big. Hopefully the uni's can be modded.

Overall, I'm pretty excited. Mainly because we finally can play something new, but perhaps 2K can get things together and deliver a good game.

man that game looks wicked!, so much interactive going on in that game, i swear i almost couldnt tell the difference between that and the show! i dont know it seems by both videos of the show and 2k9 it's gone be a tuff call this year, and probaly wont go wrong with either one, the menu's ar elike 2k9 basket ball, but long as u have a 360 controller or six axis, there shouldnt be any prob, atleast from what i can tell, overall im very impressed from how far they came from 2k7, when i actualy had a console, even with 2k8, they have really surpassed alot of things, and not only these games, but games are starting to truly look and feel next gen, im glad this is coming to the pc.

man that game looks wicked!, so much interactive going on in that game, i swear i almost couldnt tell the difference between that and the show! i dont know it seems by both videos of the show and 2k9 it's gone be a tuff call this year, and probaly wont go wrong with either one, the menu's ar elike 2k9 basket ball, but long as u have a 360 controller or six axis, there shouldnt be any prob, atleast from what i can tell, overall im very impressed from how far they came from 2k7, when i actualy had a console, even with 2k8, they have really surpassed alot of things, and not only these games, but games are starting to truly look and feel next gen, im glad this is coming to the pc.

NM. You point is very clear... like glass.

Archived