Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean that you hope the idiots that frequent the 2k boards do not migrate over here, then you have a point.

I echo Dylan's hopes, partly for the reason you gave, but also because I would hope people would still be willing to mod MVP. MLB2k may be next generation and it may end up being moddable but even if it is moddable, are bugs and flaws in the programming something that can be edited out? I really don't believe that all the problems with that game could be worked out and personally, I'd rather play a graphically inferior, simulation superior game over "next gen".

IF they are wise, they will make this game (if indeed it does come out for the pc) VERY moddable. Hopefully they will add alot of retro mods to start with (uniforms, stadiums, etc.) then they just may have an avenue to a whole new market, albeit not huge, but could potentially grow...

What has already been achieved (namely TC mods speaking of) will be hard to pass. In fact it has taken years to develop. Hence, a moddable game with a good retro start would be nice.

They've updated the courts, shoes, accessories. I'm sure it can be taken to max, it's just there isn't much exploring activity into the files yet.

ai%202k9%20cover.JPG

ATL%20Court.jpg

Bulls.jpg

nba2k9%202009-01-11%2022-33-52-17.jpg

shoes.jpg

Laker%20Girls.jpg

in these pics, ull see examples of some of the mods i have in my game, of 2k9, if mlb2k9 does come out and is even half this moddable, i will be very happy, you'll see one of our famous budweiser dorno's to different type of shoe mods,hair styles, court modification, jerseys, cyberfaces etc, i can run my game at the game at ultra settings but just barely so i set the player settings to high, in a result of a 60fps opposed to 45 with the jerseys moving, i like the game, and if 2k9 mlb is somewhat close to this it should be fun, but mvp still will be installed on my pc, even if it does come out, there is way to much fun with mvp that i love, but it would be cool to see if its released.

mods for NBA 2k9 BLOW, texmod or some dumb ****.

I would assume the layout for MLB 2k9 will be close to MLB Front Office Manager

They layout and file types in MLB Front Office Manager are not even close to those in NBA

actualy Kraw, none of these is text mod, it is all in the form of a .iff files, which are located, in the nba2k9 folder, i hate text mod as well, and with the use of the .iff file, makes things easy somewhat to mod, pdub, actualy has cracked the headshaping and facial mapping of the players, the chinese have also cracked alot of the iff files, and released an editor for the tools to atleast make what i showed moddable. there is also a 3dm tool in the works to change the whole texture in a whole to higher next gen graphics i believe.

With the the progress people have made, i'll take this over nbalive for the pc and mods anyday.

no offense to everyone but...

I think 2K baseball games blow.

Everytime I see something about a PC game here, everyone jumps on it >_>

I think MVP is fine, even though its older.

Also, MVP has TONS of mods. I don't really see MVP PC dieing like old games either.

2k was always good up to 2k6. Then 2k7 was good. Then 2k8 was bad. Hopefully this year will be good since it's the 3rd year of the 3 year building plan. If this is out for pc that provides a tough decision for me. I've always preferred games on consoles heavily as to a pc, but will all the stuff that has been done to mvp it'd be tough.

Everyone that is bashing 2K, tak MVP 2005 and install it fresh on your hard drive. Fire it up with no mods and tell me how "great" that game is. Datafiles, uniforms, overlays and all the therh mods that the community has created made MVP 2005 a good game. No sports game is great right out of the box. I'm still not sure what to think about 2K9 coming out for the PC, but let's give it a try.

2k was always good up to 2k6. Then 2k7 was good. Then 2k8 was bad. Hopefully this year will be good since it's the 3rd year of the 3 year building plan. If this is out for pc that provides a tough decision for me. I've always preferred games on consoles heavily as to a pc, but will all the stuff that has been done to mvp it'd be tough.

That 3 year play is out the window. I dont think 2k7 was good and 2k8 was actually a downgrade graphic wise.

Everyone that is bashing 2K, tak MVP 2005 and install it fresh on your hard drive. Fire it up with no mods and tell me how "great" that game is. Datafiles, uniforms, overlays and all the therh mods that the community has created made MVP 2005 a good game. No sports game is great right out of the box. I'm still not sure what to think about 2K9 coming out for the PC, but let's give it a try.

Good post. I think we all should keep this in mind.

That 3 year play is out the window. I dont think 2k7 was good and 2k8 was actually a downgrade graphic wise.

I don't see how 2k7 wasn't good. And you do know that a rebuilding plan doesn't always mean tremendous improvement right away. That's why it's a rebuilding plan. There were some aspects that I liked 2k8 better than 2k7 (obviously not dealing with gameplay). Now hopefully they can put it together.

Archived