Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB 2K8 WAS A HORRIBLE GAME............JUST HORRIBLE...........JUST LIKE THIS YEARS GAME WILL BE HORRIBLE..........PS3'S MLB THE SHOW IS THE ONLY DECENT CONSOLE GAME AVAILABLE....... MVP 2009 IS STILL THE BEST BASEBALL SIM AROUND......THE ONLY GRIPE I HAD WITH MLB THE SHOW THAT YOU COULD NOT CONTROL THE SPEED OF YOUR INFIELDER'S THROWS....I HATED THAT......MVP'S FIELDING IS AWESOME.... ALSO THE CAMERA ANGLES FOR MLB THE SHOW WERE PRETTY BAD.........I WOULD HIT A HOME RUN AND THE THE MINUTE THE BALL CLEARED THE FENCE THE CAMERA WOULD CUT OUT.....

MLB 2K8 WAS A HORRIBLE GAME............JUST HORRIBLE...........JUST LIKE THIS YEARS GAME WILL BE HORRIBLE..........PS3'S MLB THE SHOW IS THE ONLY DECENT CONSOLE GAME AVAILABLE....... MVP 20009 IS STILL THE BEST BASEBALL SIM AROUND.

OMG! I HAVE TEH MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO SAY!

(And about the year 20,009 to boot!)

Everyone that is bashing 2K, tak MVP 2005 and install it fresh on your hard drive. Fire it up with no mods and tell me how "great" that game is. Datafiles, uniforms, overlays and all the the mods that the community has created made MVP 2005 a good game. No sports game is great right out of the box. I'm still not sure what to think about 2K9 coming out for the PC, but let's give it a try.

Yah, MVP is bad without mods (IMO). However, first, it may not be possible to mod this game.

Second, the game developers priority is to make a polished game out of the box.

They aren't supposed to leave users with 1000s of bugs and problems starting the game.

Anyway, what is so bad about MVP right now?

The intelligent modders here can basically do anything.

I've said this before about the possibility of another PC game, and i will say it again. Let's assume 2K9 does get released on PC...

We are so far away from making it anything near what MVP 2005 was. Let's look at history. In 1998 sports videogame modding took off after faces were introduced in NBA Live 98. Some very talented people at the NBA Live Series Center put together some tools and editors that allowed users to edit attributes and graphics. Five years later when MVP Baseball 2003 came out we were able to use those old tools to edit the new baseball game. Then someone stumbled upon Oedit for the stadiums. All of these programs existed.

We don't have a single program in existance that we know can edit 2K9. We are starting from scratch. We may never be able to produce a working attribute editor, let alone a graphics unpacker and repacker. Then we have to get into developing a program for editing structures, like Oedit.

We are a long way off.

Rglass isn't around, DangerZ isn't around. Arushan isn't updating Oedit. That's not to say some very talented modders couldn't build new editors, but to be honest this group of modders never has.

Good luck, but lets back up take a breath and get a hold of the game before we start talking about a editing Wrigley, changing the name of the site and all these other ideas.

I've said this before about the possibility of another PC game, and i will say it again. Let's assume 2K9 does get released on PC...

We are so far away from making it anything near what MVP 2005 was. Let's look at history. In 1998 sports videogame modding took off after faces were introduced in NBA Live 98. Some very talented people at the NBA Live Series Center put together some tools and editors that allowed users to edit attributes and graphics. Five years later when MVP Baseball 2003 came out we were able to use those old tools to edit the new baseball game. Then someone stumbled upon Oedit for the stadiums. All of these programs existed.

We don't have a single program in existance that we know can edit 2K9. We are starting from scratch. We may never be able to produce a working attribute editor, let alone a graphics unpacker and repacker. Then we have to get into developing a program for editing structures, like Oedit.

We are a long way off.

Rglass isn't around, DangerZ isn't around. Arushan isn't updating Oedit. That's not to say some very talented modders couldn't build new editors, but to be honest this group of modders never has.

Good luck, but lets back up take a breath and get a hold of the game before we start talking about a editing Wrigley, changing the name of the site and all these other ideas.

I couldn't agree more. Nice post.

We are a long way off.

Ok, I'll admit it, I was little into the moment. I typed before I made an intelligent thought about what I was typing. Thanks for putting my head on straight again pirate.

Regardless of whether or not 2K9 can match up to a modded MVP 2005, it's just nice to see a company that makes sports games paying attention to the PC again. 2K has my money no matter what because I feel the need to support a company that actually releases new sports titles on PC, unlike that "other" company I don't feel like mentioning. If 2K releases the next NHL game, and then, whatever their next Football game is on PC, I'll probably go crazy. It's just nice to see a company acknowledge that the PC CAN handle new sports games. It's nowhere near as hard as *some* companies make it out to be.

What's the point of PC gaming if you can't mod? Arguing that a company is great for providing a PC game is silly if that game is unmodable.

Yes, if a game is unmoddable, just forget about releasing it and leave it on the shelf. :roll:

Sorry pal but I'll take any updated PC sports game I can get. And it's nice of you to already have determined it being "unmoddable" even though it hasn't even been released yet.

Not interested in arguing with you though, go ahead and think whatever the hell you want. I'll be buying it the first day it's released, moddable or not. If you guys don't want to evolve and pick up on an actual NEW baseball game release for the PC, go ahead. I can already see all the MVP loyalists banding together and being depressed that an actual new baseball game is being released, they just can't give up their baby. Sad.

Why so defensive? Speaking of evolution put down the Apple IIE and buy a console.

This is a MODDING Website. We mod things. As I stated earlier in the topic, we don't know anything about this game... it could be moddable but we have no tools. An unmoddable PC game is worth diddly poo to us here.

As for not moving on, Trues and I are both from High Heat... we evolved.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Yes, if a game is unmoddable, just forget about releasing it and leave it on the shelf. :roll:

Sorry pal but I'll take any updated PC sports game I can get. And it's nice of you to already have determined it being "unmoddable" even though it hasn't even been released yet.

Not interested in arguing with you though, go ahead and think whatever the hell you want. I'll be buying it the first day it's released, moddable or not. If you guys don't want to evolve and pick up on an actual NEW baseball game release for the PC, go ahead. I can already see all the MVP loyalists banding together and being depressed that an actual new baseball game is being released, they just can't give up their baby. Sad.

WTH?

This is quite laughable.

Wow, what an idiotic post. For your info, most everyone who wanted a new game switched to console long ago, and so we've/they've evolved a whole lot quicker than you have. We want a moddable PC game because the 2k9 franchise is so awful, it will need a ton of help to be playable.

But keep being a wanker to some of the greatest modders we have, that'll help matters.

he is right, an *** but still right

99.9999% of PC uses will ditch a modded MVP 2005 and play an unmodded MLB 2k9

Most people are leechers not modders, they will go with the new shiny game

I would say 75% of the people here will do the same thing

if MLB 2k9 has a layout like Front Office Manager modding will not be an issue

he is right, an *** but still right

99.9999% of PC uses will ditch a modded MVP 2005 and play an unmodded MLB 2k9

I would say 75% of the people here will do the same thing

if MLB 2k9 has a layout like Front Office Manager modding will not be an issue

Kraw, I'm going to try this game out when it comes out but there's no way I am going to ditch Mvp. There's too much in Mvp to ignore. But I will say this, the people that have not been members of this site for a decent amount of time will forget about Mvp 05 and not look back. People like the clowns who come in here all the time wanting to know where to download this game will move on to 2k9.

If your guess is right and modding won't be an issue with that game, this is just going to give people more of a choice what to play. But forgetting Mvp 05? No.

Kraw, I'm going to try this game out when it comes out but there's no way I am going to ditch Mvp. There's too much in Mvp to ignore. But I will say this, the people that have not been members of this site for a decent amount of time will forget about Mvp 05 and not look back. People like the clowns who come in here all the time wanting to know where to download this game will move on to 2k9.

If your guess is right and modding won't be an issue with that game, this is just going to give people more of a choice what to play. But forgetting Mvp 05? No.

If 2k9 does come out, I will probably leave mvp behind for the modern game. But I will definitely keep it installed for the total classics, those mods are gold. I have a 360, but my computer specs are much better than that of the 360, so I will pass to go on to the pc version, leaving the xbox version in the dust.

Archived