Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

I found the part where the people in the crowd would jump towards the ball and try to catch it when you hit a homerun was pretty sweet.

Audio was very crisp as well..

I hate a homerun with Jeff Kent in Triple Play 96 and some dude in a mohawk jumped out of his seats to catch a ball that would have bounced off the wall and he ended up hanging onto the wall so he didn't fall into the field.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, i know what you're referring to. I thought the same thing at first, but he was actually responding to a different question. I wish it was coming March 2nd.

I'm sad that it's just a port from the 360/PS3 version. I understand why, of course... but I always find that the menu systems on directly-ported games SUCK.

Yes, the PC is a port of the 360/PS3. The controller system will be based on the new system relevant to those systems.

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205082

MLB 2K9 PC Specifications

Here you go guys:

Minimum Requirements: CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Single Core processor or equivalent (2.8 Ghz for Vista)

RAM: 512 MB or more (1 GB for Vista) Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive Hard Drive: 9.5 GB or more free space Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see below) Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Input: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

* Video card with 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets is required: ATI x1300 or better | NVIDIA 6600 or better | DirectX 9.0c compatible card with Shader Model 3.0 support.

Recommended System Requirements: CPU: 3 GHz Dual Core processor or equivalent RAM: 2 GB

Disc Drive: 8x or faster DVD drive Hard Drive: 9.5 GB or more free space Video: Shader Model 3.0 support with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia® Geforce® 7900 GT or better) Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card Input: Dual-analog gamepad

Other Requirements: Requires disc in drive to play (unlimited installations); software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, DirectX, and Microsoft’s Windows Installer 2.0.

Ron, just posted those, now am i mistaken but ar'nt these the same as nba 2k9?

mark im not familiar with that what does that mean man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

teh suck.

By limiting the number of installs you can have, and forcing a person to CALL the mfgtr on the PHONE if you need more, what they are doing, in effect, is making the legally purchased version inferior to the pirated version, which obviously has the DRM removed from it.

It's the most idiotic attempt at copy protection EVER. Obviously it was cracked immediately, and by un-hobbling the number of installs you can have (what if you have more than 3 machines, or you build a new one soon after installing it once or twice?) the illegal version is vastly superior to the one you have to pay for.

Idiotic.

EA has been hit by class-action lawsuits over the use of SecuROM w/ Spore, Bioshock, and some others.

Somebody needs a cyberface update now! Kiss that beard goodbye CC. Welcome to the Yankees! Now this screenie looks fantastic. The videos from yesterday looked nothing like this. Between this and the Show, I don't think I have been this excited for a game since MVP 04.

n6993196358_1471771_7965.jpg

When it says it requires a cd to play, does that mean steam won't be available to download 2k9?

Steam gets separate licensing agreements from retail shops. So, it might be a while, but if there is a significant online component to MLB 2K9, I would assume Steam would try to pick it up as soon as they can from it's initial release.

For instance, Red Alert 3 has been out quite a while now in stores - but Steam just released it for d/l from them a week or 2 ago.

Some of the features:

More Signature Style™ – 2K Sports adds to its impressive library of player–specific animations with more than 300 new signature animations, bringing players to life at the plate, on the mound and in the field, allowing you to play ball like never before.

Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.

Inside Edge™ 2009 – Inside Edge produces remarkably accurate player tendencies. With more than 6 years of scouting reports infused into the action on the field, Inside Edge ensures that players react to in-game situations as they would in real life.

Brand New Commentary – Gary Thorne provides the play by play calls alongside color analyst Steve Phillips, giving a new perspective and more depth for a true-to-life, insightful broadcast.

2K Presentation™ – An all-new Virtual Director brings in-game broadcasts to life in real-time with smart camera placement, angles, and cuts. Also included are in depth analysis with K-Cam, pitch and hit tracker.

2K Beats – Featuring Judas Priest, Cheap Trick, Coheed & Cambria, SR-71, The Romantics, Boys Like Girls, and Europe.

Didn't see anything in there about minor league play...

NBA 2K9 didn't have it, why would MLB?

Well I just doesn't make any sense. One way to stop all the pirating is to provide online, because if you pirate the game, the game's servers won't let you play online. Sales would go up even more, etc. I searched around teh 2k boards and it said there wasn't a confirmed yes or no yet, but online play is not included on the pc tab on the official 2k9 site. If a 4 year old baseball game has it, why can't 2k not include online? They at least need to include ip to ip. Oh well, I'm already starting the xbox selling fananza.

Archived