Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

I understand that people want a new baseball game. Nothing wrong with that. But Mvp has withstood many games since EA stopped making this series. How many times over the years have we heard that the 2k games were going to be good for the consoles? Every year when 2k released a new game there would be a group of people that would love it and then compare it to Mvp. They'd say the graphics are better, etc, etc. Same for the people who enjoy playing the PS3 game the Show. They play the game but they eventually came back to Mvp because all that this game offers.

okay your rite.

but the topic is PC Baseball not consoles, if I were too choose a baseball series rite now I would choose MLB The Show.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen more names than I can remember that are registered here that came from the old High Heat community. We obviously have rglass as well (surprised no-one mentioned him yet), and I'm pretty sure BleedingCubbyBlue is registered here as well.

Come to think of it, I've not been top TPG for a long time. :blink:

I don't see how 2k7 wasn't good. And you do know that a rebuilding plan doesn't always mean tremendous improvement right away. That's why it's a rebuilding plan. There were some aspects that I liked 2k8 better than 2k7 (obviously not dealing with gameplay). Now hopefully they can put it together.

That three year plan they had is gone, the guy involved picked up and went over to Activision. They also have a new developer this year, so maybe the game is on the right track. I don't expect this years to be great, hopefully better than last years though.

he is right, an *** but still right

99.9999% of PC uses will ditch a modded MVP 2005 and play an unmodded MLB 2k9

Most people are leechers not modders, they will go with the new shiny game

Not me, my PC can't run it. Even if it did, I prefer MVP, I had 2K8 for the 360 last year and it was horrible, only played a total of 7 games.

MVP '05 is a great game especially after being modded, but the graphics engine is too old for 2009. I know I know. Don't even say it. Graphics don't matter. They do though. They matter more and more as time goes on. It's not just graphics anyway. It's physics. It's the whole engine. You guys sit here and type like you won't try MLB 2K9 for the PC. Bullshit, you're gonna buy it just like everyone else who wants a new baseball game for their PC. The reason you guys modded MVP '05 in the first place is because you want a new baseball game on the PC, so whatever.

I beg to differ. Most people who want to test it, unsure of what to expect, considering the times we are in, are a hell of a lot more likely to acquire a copy of the game by other means rather than purchasing it from a store and being a guinea pig for the industry. If they like the result, they'll probably purchase the game.

I beg to differ. Most people who want to test it, unsure of what to expect, considering the times we are in, are a hell of a lot more likely to acquire a copy of the game by other means rather than purchasing it from a store and being a guinea pig for the industry. If they like the result, they'll probably purchase the game.

Fair enough - buy was a mistake on my part because I"m not gonna buy MLB 2K9 for the PC either. I will acquire it though and see if it's worth the money. Front Office Manager wasn't worth a squirt of ****. It doesn't even support the 360 controller.

so i take that it will be moddable, if they use the same file format as NBA 2K9. i might actually mull over pickin it up.

Read my post on page 2. We have no idea if it will be moddable and even if it is, the NBA game only has a somewhat, kind-of working iff importer/exporter that only works on XP. Otherwise, we have no tools. We start from ground zero. With MVP we used already developed tools.

Keep in mind, your PC video card will have to handle Shader 3.0 to be able to play this...just like every other game released this year.

True.. It really doesn't take much money to get a decent setup these days though. I have a dual core AMD 2.4gHz and a GeForce 8800 GS. You can get a CPU and GPU a step ahead of that now for under $200. All the other components ( power supply, motherboard, and RAM ) don't cost very much. My setup should run MLB 2K9 at playable speeds. I play Grid ( max detail settings ) with this setup and it moves well. What I'm sayin' is.. my setup is basic by today's standards, didn't cost a lot of money, and runs current games well with high detail and high resolution. I'm still gonna buy a PS3 and MLB: The Show though. That game is unique.

Good thing my new video card is full of patented Win v3.0, then!

Actually, your HD 4870 is full of 4.1. ;)

Sorry, I just had to - you made me look it up, with your false claims of 3.0! B)

So, your video card has Win v4.1, but your knowledge of system specs is full of Fail 9.2. :D Upgrades can be purchased from your local Fail depot. :lol:

Actually, your HD 4870 is full of 4.1. ;)

Sorry, I just had to - you made me look it up, with your false claims of 3.0! B)

So, your video card has Win v4.1, but your knowledge of system specs is full of Fail 9.2. :D Upgrades can be purchased from your local Fail depot. :lol:

This thread just got a full dose of geek.

Archived